Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I would love for Tom to look out for the men that might try to woo Mary only for her money. I know he isn't the type to be privy about these things but I feel like right now, Mary needs someone like Tom to look out for her.
Exactly! I would love to see Tom always worried and cares about Mary.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
“He’s lost his partner and was left with a child in exactly the same circumstances as hers, and he’s there to try and get her out of this doom and gloom and get her involved in the estate, which is essentially what Matthew would have wanted.”

— Allen Leech on Branson helping Mary
Downton Abbey’s Branson will focus on helping Mary out of her gloom | Latest | Downton Abbey | STV

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved their scene in the last episode. Mary noticed something was wrong but I liked that Tom respects her too much to tell her what he did. And she still gave him good advice
Old 10-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Moderator Manager

And likewise with Tom in the car at the very end scene. She didn't tell Tom about Gillingham either and I bet Mary would eventually want to tell him about Gillingham when the time is right.

Credit

Old 10-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're right. It was sort of a mirror moment.

I love that he drives her around It's cute.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Their relationship goes better and better. I'm happy they give advices to each other in the last episode. Mary who noticed that Tom wasn't like usual it's very great to me and shows how much they cares to each other and want that the other is fine. I hoped Tom talked to her about Edna but finally it's better like that because then they both have a little secret. Now I just want Mary tells him about Gillingham and Tom helps her to take the good decision.

Oh and I want seeing them with their babies. I miss them.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I understand Tom not wanting to tell Mary about Edna but I hope Mary tells Tom about Gillingham. They both have their secrets now but I wonder when they'll both find out about it (if they ever do).

Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

For me the relationship between Mary and Tom is currently the most engaging thing on the programme this series so far. So much so that it makes me wonder if JF is testing the water with them? But he and the cast are always very quick to shoot the idea down.
Either way I love the development of their friendship, there is a very strong bond of understanding between them, they have the ability to confide in each other without going into details. It's turning into a lovely friendship/brother/sister relationship so far.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffball7 (View Post)
For me the relationship between Mary and Tom is currently the most engaging thing on the programme this series so far. So much so that it makes me wonder if JF is testing the water with them? But he and the cast are always very quick to shoot the idea down.
Either way I love the development of their friendship, there is a very strong bond of understanding between them, they have the ability to confide in each other without going into details. It's turning into a lovely friendship/brother/sister relationship so far.
I'm agree with you.
Their friendship is a great thing and makes the show much better.

I really wonder if JF wants install them like two close friends and then develop a love story between them or simply a sibling relationship.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Moderator Manager

I like their brother-sister/friendship vibe right now. Mostly, I think Mary needs someone in the family to talk to as she's not really close with Edith. Tom was friends with Matthew because they were both 'outsiders' but now that he's gone, the closest one I can think of that he can confide to within the family is Mary. And they're both parents now so they can relate to each other too in that sense.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I like their brother-sister/friendship vibe right now. Mostly, I think Mary needs someone in the family to talk to as she's not really close with Edith. Tom was friends with Matthew because they were both 'outsiders' but now that he's gone, the closest one I can think of that he can confide to within the family is Mary. And they're both parents now so they can relate to each other too in that sense.
Yes their relationship is good enough and I think is really interesting to see them interact with each other because now they are pretty close and can talk about lot of things.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
even though they are originally from different social clases, they can relate because both their spouses died on the day their children were born Plus they seemed closed before that too. Like when Carson was appalled because Tom called her Mary instead of Lady Mary
Old 10-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Granted, Mary wasn't too thrilled with Tom in the beginning (S1) but all that changed, mainly thanks to Matthew. It will be really bittersweet when both their children are old enough to ask what happened and why, in Sybbie's case, her mother is not alive and same with Mary, in George's case, why his father is not alive.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Banned

They have lot of things in common so I think it's natural for them to be closer now.
Both are parents and they lost their love so it's so great that they can count on each other now.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I do love it that Tom is Mary's advisor on estate management now. They will have to work together a lot. Robert feels threatened by them because they're young and new ideas scare him.