Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
We can always imagine this is the two of them breaking into song, well it's one of them anyway, lovely performance though, and the song's just so pretty.
Julian Ovenden sings 'People Will Say We're In Love' with Sierra Boggess - YouTube
I've seen this and they were both really good. I think JO is currently in NYC right now doing a play on Broadway ("Show Boat"). I don't know how JF has managed to keep JO on the show this long and not have him sing.

@JulianOvenden: With the #reassuringlynotsoolemanriver @normlewis777 #showboat

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I've seen this and they were both really good. I think JO is currently in NYC right now doing a play on Broadway ("Show Boat"). I don't know how JF has managed to keep JO on the show this long and not have him sing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B14u2iNIMAEJJrL.jpg
@JulianOvenden: With the #reassuringlynotsoolemanriver @normlewis777 #showboat
He's keeping busy away from Downton then, thanks for the pic Lindsay, it would have been nice if JF had managed to squeeze in a singing scene for him, but I think that might have been difficult unless Downton turned into a musical all of a sudden.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah that will be odd to see. I was thinking JF could've at least made JO sing in one of the Downton parties. He has made Martha (Shirley) sing on the show so he can definitely squeeze in a short skit of Blake singing.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah that will be odd to see. I was thinking JF could've at least made JO sing in one of the Downton parties. He has made Martha (Shirley) sing on the show so he can definitely squeeze in a short skit of Blake singing.
Since he's on the Christmas album with Elizabeth, they possibly could have sung a carol or two under the tree, but it's not looking likely somehow.

More info about it, plus an interview with Elizabeth too......http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...vern-interview
Old 11-11-2014, 01:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Yay thanks for that link, will read it for later.

If that was the end for Blake, I don't think it was that bad as compared to probably how Jack Ross/Lady Rose ended it. Or how Edith's men have abruptly left her. I still have problems with the SL but at least they are friends now which I like.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yay thanks for that link, will read it for later.

If that was the end for Blake, I don't think it was that bad as compared to probably how Jack Ross/Lady Rose ended it. Or how Edith's men have abruptly left her. I still have problems with the SL but at least they are friends now which I like.
If it was the last episode for Charles, then a good ending for them as you say, it left them as friends at least, and left the door open for a possible return.
I think the title of this thread says it perfectly, some people did label him as a schemer, but his heart was always in the right place where Mary was concerned.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Moderator Manager

True. Yes he did play some mind games with Mary and even I was expecting for Mary to be against it when she figured it out but she was completely fine with it. I guess some of the speculations prior to that ep werre blown out of proportion because (for me), I don't think it was as bad as it seems.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
True. Yes he did play some mind games with Mary and even I was expecting for Mary to be against it when she figured it out but she was completely fine with it. I guess some of the speculations prior to that ep werre blown out of proportion because (for me), I don't think it was as bad as it seems.

Yes some opinions prior to that episode were a little wide of the mark, but it seemed pretty harmless to me.

I do wonder why that whole triangle with him and Tony was written in the first place, it seemed a waste if she wasn't going to end up with either one of them.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Moderator Manager

I think it was because some people are invested in love triangles. I mean, look how well the CW is doing because of that. It's not a dig at the network and they probably skew a younger audience but sometimes it's interesting storytelling. Maybe if we do get Mary juggling with suitors we can understand how she eventually marries her next husband soon.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Happy Christmas from Julian and Elizabeth. there's a spoiler clip during the interview though, so close your eyes if you don't want to peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWDHTEGtEU4
Old 12-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting that link! I didn't watch it so thanks for the spoiler warning.

@itvthismorning:
Christmas has come to @DowntonAbbey... and #DowntonAbbey has come to This Morning! @JulianOvenden @ElizabethMcGov

Old 12-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Happy Christmas from Julian and Elizabeth. there's a spoiler clip during the interview though, so close your eyes if you don't want to peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWDHTEGtEU4

Oh I peeked with relish and jumped up and down while I watched it. LOL The interview is in two parts, do you have a link to the second?
His voice is glorious, I think I'll have to order the Christmas cd...but you could certainly tell Elizabeth was singing a song out of her element.

Found the second clip! go me! lol

If you've watched series 5, you can watch this interview in it's entirety, I didn't hear any specific spoilers concerning the Christmas episode.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
Oh I peeked with relish and jumped up and down while I watched it. LOL The interview is in two parts, do you have a link to the second?
His voice is glorious, I think I'll have to order the Christmas cd...but you could certainly tell Elizabeth was singing a song out of her element.
Part two is on there now Aggie, I should have said the spoiler clip is in that part.

Yeah, Julian looks more at home performing that song.

Thanks for the picture Lindsay.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
If you've watched series 5, you can watch this interview in it's entirety, I didn't hear any specific spoilers concerning the Christmas episode.
Okay thanks for that. Do you have a link to the second clip?

Old 12-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5Cy4H_wL0

Well, don't know what you mean by 'spoiler;, but we did see Anna being dragged off by the police, and Blake already said he was going to Poland, and we already know the cast is spending the holiday at some other digs....
It's not like they said yes, this person is leaving, and yes Anna did it (I'm making that up, just using that as an example)

-----

I enjoyed watching half the part 1 of the first clip, the part where Julian sings...when Elizabeth is warbling through her part (cringeworthy), I was wondering how classically trained Julain was going to do his part....was he going to belt out his part, or be meek and out of tune to not outshine Elizabeth?lol You could tell she was out of her element, like what the heck am I doing singing with this guy. LOL

He handled it with grace and style, his voice is beautiful. And he didn't try to outshine Elizabeth which was very gentlemanly! (note to self, I need to youtube more of Julian and order the DA Christmas cd!)