Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 04:22 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Yes me too but I'm not sure if it will be tomorrow's ep or the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinebright (View Post)
Really Lindsay?! One can't make observations on this board even? Please tell me where the line starts and stops. Thanks!
If it's a concern for other posters, we'd rather that this be taken via PMs and not on the boards. Thanks.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:32 AM
New Fan

Whatevs, Linds! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Looking forward to the next ep and hopefully we will still see more of Charles.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 AM
New Fan

Their scenes in this episode were short but what I liked about it is the increasing familiarity between Charles and Mary. The dinner scene with Mabel even as short as it was highlighted the main points.
a) Charles's plan
b) Mary is all for it
c) Mabel is still stinging that Tony jilted her(contrary to her denial in the previous episode) and didn't deny that she still had a thing for him.
I always appreciate any opportunity the show gives to flesh out Charles character. At least we know how he likes his beef!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Moderator Manager

I do hope we did get to see more of Charles & Mary in the ep. And like some of us here, I do like Mabel. If it wasn't for Tony, I think she & Mary could be good friends.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Their scenes in this episode were short but what I liked about it is the increasing familiarity between Charles and Mary. The dinner scene with Mabel even as short as it was highlighted the main points.

I always appreciate any opportunity the show gives to flesh out Charles character. At least we know how he likes his beef!
I loved the snappy dialogue between the three of them in that scene, JF excelled himself for once, if he does all of it every week that is, not sure if he has co-writers as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
a) Charles's plan
b) Mary is all for it
c) Mabel is still stinging that Tony jilted her(contrary to her denial in the previous episode) and didn't deny that she still had a thing for him.
Yeah, it's interesting how with each scene that Mary and Charles share just highlights how much they understand each other. It's very different from her scenes with Tony and Evelyn, where that connection didn't appear.

Mary told Anna that she wants to be absolutely sure that she wants the man she marries as her friend, lover, and husband. My hope is that JF's slow-burn with Mary/Charles is designed to get her to realize that Charles is the man who fits all of those categories.

I mean, at dinner they might as well have been a married couple.

Quote:
That was so cute. I also happen to be in agreement with him about the best way to cook meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I do hope we did get to see more of Charles & Mary in the ep. And like some of us here, I do like Mabel. If it wasn't for Tony, I think she & Mary could be good friends.
I think Mabel's amusing, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
I loved the snappy dialogue between the three of them in that scene, JF excelled himself for once, if he does all of it every week that is, not sure if he has co-writers as well.
I believe JF does write all of the episodes himself. And I agree, that dinner scene was really fun, since all three characters were able to rapidly fire dialogue back at each other. My hope is that there was some stuff cut from the scene that PBS will re-include during the U.S. airing.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Time for a new thread! Any title suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I mean, at dinner they might as well have been a married couple.
That was probably a glimpse of what they can be together perhaps?

Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Time for a new thread! Any title suggestions?

That was probably a glimpse of what they can be together perhaps?
I'd love the thread to be.....Mary and Charles, Happy Ever After, but as I don't know the outcome of this, I wouldn't like to jinx it, and I wouldn't like to speculate they'll end up together either, Ha, it could always be called.....Mary and Charles, Hopefully Happy Ever After.

Last edited by carrie.suze; 10-24-2014 at 10:32 AM
Old 10-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Moderator Manager

I like that title too but right now, I'm not sure where this ship is headed. Although we have the following eps to find out. We can probably do quotes from them this season? I'll go look for some...

Old 10-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I like that title too but right now, I'm not sure where this ship is headed. Although we have the following eps to find out. We can probably do quotes from them this season? I'll go look for some...
That sounds like the best idea Lindsay, there's sure to be some good quotes from these two.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I also like the idea of a quote, and there are a few that are good possibilities, but maybe we should wait until tomorrow's episode has aired just in case there's one in there that we decide we really want to use? And if there's not, we can use one from 502, 504, or 505.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

How about from episode 2: "Nothing will make me happier than seeing you happy." - Charles to Mary during their conversation at the library?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
How about from episode 2: "Nothing will make me happier than seeing you happy." - Charles to Mary during their conversation at the library?
I like that Lindsay, it's a lovely line from Charles.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Alright I can start it unless someone else wants to?