Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

What year was it when it last ended? I hope they don't skip too far ahead this time. I want to see all the Mary & Blake interaction for myself.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

S4 CS was set in 1923. There will be a time jump but I don't think it'll be a big one. I think (not sure about this because I don't read spoilers) I read somewhere that JF wants to stay in the 1920s - 1930s era for S5.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I re-watched the CS the other day, and I was struck by Charles's line about him being "annoyingly" faithful (as he watched Mary dancing with Tony), which I don't think I commented on when the CS first aired. It just kind of slipped past me, I guess.

But this time, I gave it a little more thought. Freda doesn't matter to the story of the Crawleys -- in that scene, she was basically used as a prop to show us Charles's feelings toward Mary. And Charles characterized himself as faithful, which is normally a positive character trait. But it "annoys" him, because he is a pragmatist -- he sees Mary with Tony and believes that he (Charles) is the under-dog in this fight, that Mary will never have him. (Which, IMO, makes it even more romantic that he's still stubbornly keeping his connections a secret from her.)

But he's still determined to be faithful to her in spite of her blossoming relationship with Tony.

I just got the feeling when he said that that during S5 we might well be able to look back on that moment knowing what Charles does not at that point -- that his "annoying" faithfulness will pay off for him in the end.

Here's hoping, anyway!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like the way you think, northboundtrain.

*TeamBlake*
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Good point. When you think about it, it makes it even more romantic.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrierluv (View Post)
I like the way you think, northboundtrain.

*TeamBlake*
Thanks! I just hope I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Good point. When you think about it, it makes it even more romantic.
It really does.

It's weird...the more I re-watch S4, the more convinced I become that he's really the best match for Mary in every way.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Moderator Manager

I will have to rewatch S4 at some point but I really hope Mary picks Charles in the end.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

I would be so upset if Mary didn't pick Charles in the end. He suits her perfectly and plus Gillingham (or whatever he's called) is so boring. I absolutely adored how when they met they didn't like each other.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Hi and welcome to the thread! I'm crossing my fingers that it's Blake as well. I don't think he'll have a problem raising George with Mary (and I can very much say the same thing with Tony too). I just wish now that we still have another season to look forward to that the SLs for S5 won't be as rushed as how I felt for the most part with S4 (in regards to Mary's men).

Old 06-18-2014, 06:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Supporters:

1. L i N d $ @ y
2. Enora
3. WildRose
4. northboundtrain
5. Countess.
6. carrie.suze
7. hlgreenie
8. Chasing Fireflies
9. terrierluv
10. Rickylious
Team Charles, all the way. Add me please?

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 06-23-2014 at 08:55 PM Reason: Please don't quote pics when replying, thanks! :)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Welcome and I've added you.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I have recently been thinking about a particular scene. A scene between Mary and Gillingham in the CS. She tells him that Blake would be out of question because he is not on "their Level". Gillingham confesses her then that Blake will be a baron, so he would have the "same Level" soon.
We all know that Mary thinks very superficial and biased in that aspect. The same question has already put in season 1 regarding Matthew. And again I wonder: Would Mary have had married Matthew , if he had not been the heir? All of you will properly scream "yesss!"now, but would it really have been so? We can not know. What if Blake rejects his inheritance after the two had fallen in love? What will be more important for Mary: The public image of the family or her feelings for him? The story could be repeated ...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Moderator Manager

We'll have to wait and see. Let's remember that there are two people in the picture here and both are on "their level". Mary has a choice of not choosing Matthew if it comes down to it (if he wasn't the heir) but in S2, it was shown that she fell in-love with him so it was good that they broke-up by the end of S1 because Mary needs to re-assess herself and her feelings for him.

If Blake rejects the inheritance, then we'll have to see if Mary chooses her feelings for him or the family's image. That will be a true bearing on this relationship when it comes down to it.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We'll have to wait and see. Let's remember that there are two people in the picture here and both are on "their level". Mary has a choice of not choosing Matthew if it comes down to it (if he wasn't the heir) but in S2, it was shown that she fell in-love with him so it was good that they broke-up by the end of S1 because Mary needs to re-assess herself and her feelings for him.

If Blake rejects the inheritance, then we'll have to see if Mary chooses her feelings for him or the family's image. That will be a true bearing on this relationship when it comes down to it.

I think that's the point! Although a person from the family once said that Mary was in love, she is not. Not yet. Neither in Gillingham, nor in Blake, nor in Napier. Therefore anything can happen. Regarding Matthew Mary also has only acted as she knew her feelings.

I just hope that Blake will stay the way he is. A recalcitrant, stubborn guy who represents his own opinion. He should not begin to act as it pleases Mary. She does't need that.

I would like to see what happens when Blake would give up the inheritance for some reason ...that would be very exciting!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

And romantic for me because that would mean it doesn't really matter for both of them given their lifestyle as long as they have each other.