Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for adding me!

I'm about to watch 2x05 and these two are killing me with their angst! When she was singing and he walked in after being missing, my heart melted. Absolutely perfect!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh, 2x04 is perfect!!! 2x05 is even better with the angst. And brace yourself for 2x08 and the Christmas special. Then get back here and let us know what you thought of it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

So, Lindsay, was there a plan to bring back the survivor game you were running prior to S3?

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Maybe when more people come back here like it used to be. Or after CS although people will be busy this holiday season so perhaps during the PBS airing of S3.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

There is a huge hole in my sundays now Downton is off the air!

I really enjoyed season 3 it was nice to see Mary and Matthew enjoying each other but I do think them being together removed for me a lot of the tension I loved about the show. I enjoyed episodes but I wasn't counting the days like I was during season 1 and 2.

I just can't put my finger on it. I watch other shows where the main couple have gotten together and I love the shows more for it.

I also thought the whole baby thing was very rushed and could of brought up some real drama. Instead it got resolved off screen and i really think it was a missed opportunity.

Last edited by Kelly2790; 12-06-2012 at 07:08 AM
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree with the baby storyline. I was crossing my fingers for some potential for that but all we got was a resolution off screen. I would have preferred M/M not having a baby at all than having it resolved that way.

I still love the show and very much this couple. I just think the writing for M/M this season was only at par. Nothing really big or special and no big angst that I always enjoy with these two. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them fighting all the time and it's refreshing to see them disagree about a few things and laugh every now and then. But Dan & Michelle are good at playing these two and especially given a good storyline, I know they can deliver. There could have been so much done with domestic bliss AND problems for these two but all we got was this Lavinia inheritance & baby problems, the latter being the most stronger SL.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

I still love the show and very much this couple. I just think the writing for M/M this season was only at par.
Exactly. I feel that way about the whole season to bar one episode. Michelle has not been showcased at all this year because the writing hasn't been there. M/M AND Mary was a huge focus of every season 2 episode really and during season 3 there are episodes Mary particularly is barely in. The M/M story line was such a huge story point and focus for the whole series, now that it has been resolved I feel they needed that extra added tension of not being able to conceive and working through it not just for angst of the couple, but for the show as a whole. For it to be a long story arch not a one sentence conversation resolve.

I spent much of season 1 and season 2 rooting for M/M. With that gone I just didn't feel as invested for season 3 as I did the past two seasons.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Moderator Manager

I think episode 1 was really good for M/M but the following episodes after that were all ho-hum. Yes I still love their little sweet moments and I feel the love but I wish JF could've done something even more. Shock us to our core so to speak. Like I said before, I would've preferred that Matthew didn't inherit the money and also that M/M will continously have baby problems.

Overall I still think S3 was a good season. And I smell an Emmy nomination again.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

can I be added please? I discovered Downton & M&M just 2 weeks ago and I'm completely IN LUV
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Welcome to the thread and added you as well! What season are you watching now?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Moderator Manager

I miss our babies! I can't wait for the CS.

Credit

Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was such a perfect moment

Please can my name be changed on the supporters list from Guinevereღ to what it is now thank you

I love the quote in the title
Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Amazing scene
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by we walk free (View Post)
That was such a perfect moment

Please can my name be changed on the supporters list from Guinevereღ to what it is now thank you

I love the quote in the title
Done. I'll make sure that if I see your old name on other lists of supporters, I'll make the change.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Absolute Fan

I would have been okay with Downton ending after the christmas special. I didn't need a season 3 because for me that was the perfect M/M ending. I think that is why I wasn't as excited for season 3 because I felt and still feel nothing will top that moment. It really was one of the most perfect moments ever.