Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Jessica Brown Findlay flew her mum and childhood pal to America when she was filming 'A New York Winter's Tale'.

The former 'Downton Abbey' star - who was raised in Berkshire, south east England - makes her big screen debut in the forthcoming supernatural drama, alongside Hollywood hunk Colin Farrell, and she couldn't believe her luck when she found herself working on the film in the Big Apple.

The 24-year-old beauty said: ''You're in a city that's just fantastic. I brought my mum over to visit me when I was filming and one of my best friends that I've known since I was nine. We grew up in the same village and we were running around New York together saying, 'How are we here?' It was fantastic and really fun.''

Findlay didn't think she would get the role when she first auditioned for Beverly Penn, a dying girl who has tuberculosis, but was delighted when she learned she was cast.

She added: ''Then, very quickly, I went to L.A. for the screen test, which was nerve-wracking. I just decided to have fun because I thought that there wouldn't really be any chance that I'd end up getting the role. But then I did.

''It was quite simple, but it was wonderful. I suppose sometimes you overthink things and maybe when you think you have no chance is when you're probably freer to do what you want to do.''
Jessica Brown Findlay | Jessica Brown Findlay flew her mum to US for new film | Contactmusic.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Jessica Brown Findlay: People yelling 'Lady Sybil' might ruin my pint | Metro News

I think it is so cute that when Jess gets tongue-tied she just laughs at herself.

Also rather glad to hear she swears. I think people assume she's this sweet demure thing but she's a normal 24-year-old who can drop a few F-bombs. Good!