Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for all the pics!

I can't wait for Cinderella. It has an amazing cast!

Richard Madden, Sophie McShera & Helena Bonham-Carter to name a few.
Me too.
Such a great cast.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Moderator Manager

At first I was quite iffy they were going to do this movie but with that cast (and director), I'm on-board.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

I hope this nice chap she met at the party will come back and realise she's not a maid but a lady. It would be fun. I can see them having a little love story together. Though not something serious, and in secret.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Sir John Bullock seems like a nice fellow for Lady Rose although I'm not quite sure if we'll see him again. There wasn't much of Rose in this ep though.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Banned

I don't think we'll see him again and in the next episode she seems have another suitor!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree with you, Enora. She seems to have a thirst for adventure. Unlike some other people she certainly doesn't want to be happy with only one man.

"Does anyone want to dance?"
Old 10-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

Well she's young and want enjoy her life I understand that she loves change her "companion" but maybe not as often.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Moderator Manager

And she's still young so there's nothing wrong with that. Although the conservative Crawleys might be very watchful of her, in particular Violet.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Lily James suffers online abuse over Downton Abbey role | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

Sad to hear that people bullied Lily James on twitter because of her part in Downton. I hope she's aware that there're a lot of people out there, who love Rose by now!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like Rose too!

Still don't get the Sybil comparison that much. They're both vivacious (or were, sorry Sybil ). But Rose just wants to have fun while Sybil wanted to change society.

I also like that she's already had more than one love interest. It's a real difference for this show when in the past it's been two characters see each other for the first time and it's an instant OTP.

I liked the promo for Rose next week!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger (View Post)
I like Rose too!

Still don't get the Sybil comparison that much. They're both vivacious (or were, sorry Sybil ). But Rose just wants to have fun while Sybil wanted to change society.

I also like that she's already had more than one love interest. It's a real difference for this show when in the past it's been two characters see each other for the first time and it's an instant OTP.

I liked the promo for Rose next week!
Yes it's really refreshing to have a character like Rose.
She brings a bit of madness in Downton.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
Sad to hear that people bullied Lily James on twitter because of her part in Downton. I hope she's aware that there're a lot of people out there, who love Rose by now!
She'll get through it. I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger (View Post)
I like Rose too!

Wow really there are comparisons? I don't see anything similar with them really. They're both very different.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Wow really there are comparisons? I don't see anything similar with them really. They're both very different.

I do get a little bit of the comparision. Both are a bit rebellious, although Sybil was it more in a serious way, challenging the class system and her role as a woman in that society while Rose challenges rules for the sake of fun and entertainement.

Both are modern women who embrace change and what I find interesting: both don't care about class at all. Rose seems to have no problem to converse with everyone be it Jimmy or Sir John Bullock.

I also think that both are very good natured. Rose seems to be a very kind girl and doesn't really want to harm anyone. She just is heedless and naive at times. Sybil was more wise and mature, but let's not forget they both grew up in very different families and when Sybil was at Rose's age, there was a war and all the young men of her aquaintance were in it.

And then I also see similarities in looks. Both with big eyes and a wide smile. Very vibrant and less cool on the surface as Mary or Edith.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I do get a little bit of the comparision. Both are a bit rebellious, although Sybil was it more in a serious way, challenging the class system and her role as a woman in that society while Rose challenges rules for the sake of fun and entertainment.
Yeah, I agree. They are both very rebellious characters who are also open minded for everything modern to appear in their life so they don't want to stick to their parents' tradition concerning Downton and Duneagle. However, they also try to respect their parents' ideas because they know that's the way it has always been done, not only in former times but still in the twenties, at least when it comes to British aristocracy. The main difference is that Sybil seemed to be slightly more thoughtful and I think that's what she was teached during the war in S2. Rose simply wants to have fun. She is helpful and caring but still .. different from Sybil, at least in some point.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do get a little bit of the comparision. Both are a bit rebellious, although Sybil was it more in a serious way, challenging the class system and her role as a woman in that society while Rose challenges rules for the sake of fun and entertainement.

Both are modern women who embrace change and what I find interesting: both don't care about class at all. Rose seems to have no problem to converse with everyone be it Jimmy or Sir John Bullock.

I also think that both are very good natured. Rose seems to be a very kind girl and doesn't really want to harm anyone. She just is heedless and naive at times. Sybil was more wise and mature, but let's not forget they both grew up in very different families and when Sybil was at Rose's age, there was a war and all the young men of her aquaintance were in it.

And then I also see similarities in looks. Both with big eyes and a wide smile. Very vibrant and less cool on the surface as Mary or Edith.
I'm totally agree with you and I have nothing to add.
Sybil and Rose are two strong characters who share the same qualities but in different way and that makes the show better.