Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Such a fantastic performance by Laura Carmichael this season! I'm so thankful Edith had such a significant storyline. Laura did such a great job portraying Edith's raw emotions over her situation. I could just feel the torment she was going through. So torn between what she wanted to do and what she thought she should do. I'm looking forward to more of her storyline next season. Great job Laura!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:06 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm so stubborn but I have a small hope that in S5, JF will do Edith right.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Please add me. Thank-you!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Added you and welcome!

Old 02-02-2014, 03:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Me too but he always screws her over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
Such a fantastic performance by Laura Carmichael this season! I'm so thankful Edith had such a significant storyline. Laura did such a great job portraying Edith's raw emotions over her situation. I could just feel the torment she was going through. So torn between what she wanted to do and what she thought she should do. I'm looking forward to more of her storyline next season. Great job Laura!
Wasn't she INCREDIBLE? Omg and her scenes with Samantha Bond... they had me in tears. Laura honestly deserves much more recognition than she gets.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 02-03-2014 at 06:51 AM Reason: Merging posts as we can't double post :)
Old 02-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Moderator Manager

JF has screwed her over for 4 seasons now. Should I still hope for a better S5 for Edith?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I've lost all hope for that... But maybe they'll prove me wrong! At least let her be happy for a couple of episodes!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't blame you for losing all hope for Edith the way JF's writing the character.

x

Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
I agree. Edith is my favorite of the daughters. Edith has taken the lemons of life and made lemonade before, so I'm sure she will again. I love that she's a forward thinker with the ability to use her mind and her pen as need be. Now if only Gregson would reappear, all would be right in Edith's world.

Looking forward to S5, Laura!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys, a bit of news: there's a fundraising campaign going on at the Haiti Hospital Appeal, a charity Laura supports, offering the chance to win a trip for 2 to the UK and visit her on set this summer!
If anyone is interested the details are here. Spend a day at Downton Abbey with Laura Carmichael | Omaze
You can also look up the organization on google/youtube to find out what they do, and where your money will be going if you choose to donate or buy an entry into the draw. (I hope it's okay for me to post this here.)

Also, PBS is hosting a live chat with Laura on Monday (Feb24): Live Chat with Downton Abbey Star Laura Carmichael (Edith) | Season 4 | Downton Abbey | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
So if you have a burning question about Lady Edith, this is your chance to ask her directly.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting those news!

x

BAFTA Awards 2014

x

x

x

Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Also, PBS is hosting a live chat with Laura on Monday (Feb24): Live Chat with Downton Abbey Star Laura Carmichael (Edith) | Season 4 | Downton Abbey | Programs | Masterpiece | PBS
So if you have a burning question about Lady Edith, this is your chance to ask her directly.
I'll be there!

Lovely pics, thanks for sharing, Lind$@y!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Do tell us how it went when you get back online.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

The chat went very well. There were questions about the clothes, the hairstyles, the costars and filming. Lots of questions would have been referred to Julian Fellowes, had he been online as well. She wouldn't give anything away for Season 5, of course.

Read it at:‎ www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/‎

Old 02-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrierluv (View Post)
The chat went very well. There were questions about the clothes, the hairstyles, the costars and filming. Lots of questions would have been referred to Julian Fellowes, had he been online as well. She wouldn't give anything away for Season 5, of course.

Read it at:‎ www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/‎

Thanks for the link! I'll have to look at it later this evening. I'm a little bummed I had to miss it live but good to know the whole thing went well.