Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes, I like Isobel's SL this season, far better than last season although I also enjoyed last season because of all her SLs with Violet.

I'm glad to see it being carried out more (her friendship with Violet) this season but of course her love life is being addressed now. Do you all think she will say "YES!" to Lord Merton's proposal soon?

I wish they did focus more on Isobel & Mary's relationship last season but they rarely have scenes together which is sad.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

I so agree with you both about Mary and Isobel and their lack of interaction with each other, I would have liked more of them talking about Matthew too, but not to be sadly.
I suppose when you think about it Isobel's possibly a little too warm for Mary, we know how frosty she can be at times.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Moderator Manager

And maybe Isobel & Mary were not that close. I mean, in real life some of us are not close with our mother-in-laws.

Penelope Wilton leads Taken at Midnight to West End - Theatre News - 23 Oct 2014

Old 10-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And maybe Isobel & Mary were not that close. I mean, in real life some of us are not close with our mother-in-laws.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wos-photos-...tion/92179.jpg

Penelope Wilton leads Taken at Midnight to West End - Theatre News - 23 Oct 2014
That's so true, my mum didn't get on that well with hers, and like I said Isobel and Mary are like chalk and cheese.

Thanks for the link, it's a world away from Downton that role, I've no doubt she'll be good in it.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Isobel is a fine character! After losing Matthew, it took a lot of grace, class, and guts to tell Tony she hoped to see him at DA more often. I don't know a lot of grief stricken moms that can say they'd welcome someone who might possibly replace their son's role (as a husband and a father)
That took a lot of character.
I wish Isobel played more of an active part in DA; since Matthew was killed her role in the family has greatly diminished. I guess they are letting her stay on at the house due to her being the grandmother?

I hope she finds happiness with Lord Merton, but it will take her away from George.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
Isobel is a fine character! After losing Matthew, it took a lot of grace, class, and guts to tell Tony she hoped to see him at DA more often. I don't know a lot of grief stricken moms that can say they'd welcome someone who might possibly replace their son's role (as a husband and a father)
That took a lot of character.
I wish Isobel played more of an active part in DA; since Matthew was killed her role in the family has greatly diminished. I guess they are letting her stay on at the house due to her being the grandmother?

I hope she finds happiness with Lord Merton, but it will take her away from George.
That's another good point, I haven't seen many scenes of her cuddling her grandson, but then I suppose it's a sign of those times, it would still be nice to see her more involved with George though.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
And also Violet's BFF. And with the impending proposal, some focus will be on her soon and I'd like to see Isobel re-marry. About damn time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
That's another good point, I haven't seen many scenes of her cuddling her grandson, but then I suppose it's a sign of those times, it would still be nice to see her more involved with George though.
Yeah, I think these aristocrat families are not known to be super close or physical with children, they leave them with their nannies most of the time. I'm sure Mary, Edith & Sybil were left with their nannies too so none of them are that close with their parents.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Love is not just for the young, says Downton Abbey's Penelope Wilton - Telegraph

Old 10-29-2014, 03:54 AM
Moderator Manager

x

Old 10-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ Aw

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03085/penelope_wilton_3085286b.jpg

Love is not just for the young, says Downton Abbey's Penelope Wilton - Telegraph
Liked that, thanks Lindsay, I think it's great Isobel's getting some romance in her life.

and love those gifs too.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Moderator Manager

I can't wait for next week when she finally tells everyone that she's getting married!

Penelope will star in the West End transfer of Taken at Midnight.

Penelope Wilton to star in West End transfer of Taken at Midnight : Production News : The Stage

Old 11-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

"Penny Wilton, to my mind, is one of the best actresses in this country. Within the industry she is a shining light"
- Peter Egan (who plays ‘Shrimpy’ in Downton Abbey)
(x)

Old 11-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's a lovely quote about her She is quite amazing, I love her on DA.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
http://38.media.tumblr.com/12451d5ed...9o3_r1_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/68d1875e6...rlk9o2_500.gif
"Penny Wilton, to my mind, is one of the best actresses in this country. Within the industry she is a shining light"
- Peter Egan (who plays ‘Shrimpy’ in Downton Abbey)
(x)(
That's nice of Peter, he co-starred with Penelope and Richard Briers in a sitcom in the UK called Ever Decreasing Circles, quite a few years ago now, but it looks like they've remained friends.

She's a very good actress, no question about it, and I love her double act with Maggie, it wouldn't be the same without them.