Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm sure they love both babies. Robert probably the least affectionate so we won't see him carrying either of his grandchildren, I think.
This is why I was surprised when I saw Robert hold little Sybil but not Cora in S3 after she was born.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
This is why I was surprised when I saw Robert hold little Sybil but not Cora in S3 after she was born.
I still can't believe we haven't seen Cora holding any of her grandchild

I saw them yesterday, oh these two Great actors, they can do both comedy and drama AND THEIR CHEMISTRY IS ALWAYS THERE

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
You mean at the christening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I saw them yesterday, oh these two Great actors, they can do both comedy and drama AND THEIR CHEMISTRY IS ALWAYS THERE
What do you mean? Did you rewatch Freezing or some of their other "joint" projects?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I spent some time on Friday watching and rewatching some episodes and it got me to thinking. Robert needing to be progressive and move forward is so much a part of the series yet when Sybil is ill and he wants to go with the doctor who seems to be more advanced Cora warns that he shouldn't stray from the doctor they have used all along. Now I realize this isn't an exact comparison but to me Robert was progressive as I truly believe he wanted what was the best for his daughter and grandchild.

It does seem as if Cora is convinced that Robert was only swayed by the man's credentials as the elite nobility he took care of but to me it was a catch 22 for him. Obviously it turned out badly and Dr Clarkson was right; however, if things had gone the other way she would have been blaming him for refusing to be open to ideas of other medical professionals who may have more experience in the area. I know this was just a storyline and everyone is basically with Cora on this one but I can't help but feel bad for Robert too as it obvious he blamed himself as well.

I also didn't have a problem with what Violet did with Mr Clarkson talking to them. The divide between them wouldn't have been good for anyone to last a long time and for Cora (and Robert) to have some peace and be able to grieve together outweighed the potential stretching if the truth IMO.

Just thought I'd share

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Robert♥Cora/Richard♥Emily/Roslin♥Adama/Carson♥Mrs.Hughes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

For me, I think Robert stayed with Dr. Phillip because he seems to know more than Dr. Clarkson especially in terms of pregnancy. Cora stayed with Dr. Clarkson because he's their family doctor since their kids were small. I can say that he wanted what's best for Sybil but his choices were clouded at a time where everyone turned to him for a decision. He acted upon what he thinks is good and best and like I said before, I don't fault him for that. It's easy to blame Robert because all fingers point to him.

I think Violet did what was best for the family. I don't fully accept it because every married couple should work out their own marital problems but this family's problems is everyone's problems and I can see why Violet had to meddle in. Sybil just died and now Robert & Cora are not speaking to each other. S3 definitely showed us the downfall of Robert and how his decisions affected him and the family. It will be quite interesting to see how he is faced with yet another drama in S4.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
For me, I think Robert stayed with Dr. Phillip because he seems to know more than Dr. Clarkson especially in terms of pregnancy. Cora stayed with Dr. Clarkson because he's their family doctor since their kids were small. I can say that he wanted what's best for Sybil but his choices were clouded at a time where everyone turned to him for a decision. He acted upon what he thinks is good and best and like I said before, I don't fault him for that. It's easy to blame Robert because all fingers point to him.

I think Violet did what was best for the family. I don't fully accept it because every married couple should work out their own marital problems but this family's problems is everyone's problems and I can see why Violet had to meddle in. Sybil just died and now Robert & Cora are not speaking to each other. S3 definitely showed us the downfall of Robert and how his decisions affected him and the family. It will be quite interesting to see how he is faced with yet another drama in S4.
Good points all of them. This poor family!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Credit

Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Lovely gifset!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Love the GIFs. I keep forgetting to ask this: what is your fav Cobert scene? More questions to follow but I'll start there

Last edited by kar77; 03-12-2013 at 02:41 PM
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow, there must be a lot and I'll have to go per season to answer this.

Season 1 is the very last episode, where Robert was looking out for Cora who has just lost their baby. I think it was such a sweet scene and more than anything, Cora needed Robert to be there for her. In Season 2, there aren't a lot actually but I did love their talks about how Mary should get married already. Plus I hated that season for them because of Jane. In S3, there are a lot but one of which is when they fought. I know that it isn't good times but it also showed us how much they love each other and I think that angst was also needed for these two.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What do you mean? Did you rewatch Freezing or some of their other "joint" projects?
No I mean I saw those gifs the other day

Quote:
when Sybil is ill and he wants to go with the doctor who seems to be more advanced Cora warns that he shouldn't stray from the doctor they have used all along. Now I realize this isn't an exact comparison but to me Robert was progressive as I truly believe he wanted what was the best for his daughter and grandchild.
Interesting point! Again, some people make it sound like Robert wanted her die or something I can't blame him for not trusting Clarkson after what happened to Matthew and Lavinia.

Quote:
what is your fav Cobert scene?
I CAN'T PICK ON, I CAN'T EVEN PICK A TOP 5 but let's say that I really love the kiss scene because Robert finally realises Cora is the best thing that happened to his life AND the angsty scene after Sybil's death when they hug OMG IT WAS HEARTBREAKING

Quote:
where Robert was looking out for Cora who has just lost their baby.
You have just stabbed me in the heart

Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Again, some people make it sound like Robert wanted her die or something

Credit

Is it wrong to wish for more events with these two together?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it wrong to wish for more events with these two together?
More events together? Like their own wedding? OKAY I NEED TO STOP

That picture looks like a date

I love when my Cobert friends in tumblr make these pretty graphics

Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Some Cobert shipper ought to write a modern AU from that pic of Robert/Cora going on a date.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I am reading a Cora/Rober AU fic. It's called "Only for a night".