Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwalker (View Post)
Or did you mean "The Village"? It says, starring:
John Simm, Maxine Peake, Juliet Stevenson, Rupert Evans, Nico Mirallegro, Bill Jones, om Varey. Rupert Evans is the one I was referring to, who is in "Fingersmith".
I've seen this but only the first season. It was too depressing for me but it tells a good story. Also Nico Mirallegro is so pretty to be on The Village.

Quote:
Speaking of (former) hallboys: Does anyone else suspect another love triangle downstairs in the Abbey?
That's tough but unless they introduce someone for Daisy again then I suspect a love triangle that involves her.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Read on a DA facebook site yesterday that Maggie Smith said series 6 will be her last. No surprise there!
She also says she's heard as well series 6 will be the last.
I hope JF doesn't let her die! If he does, that will be a real tear jerker!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes and hopefully season 6 will be the last one for all.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Bad news.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes it's all over the news now but ITV has not confirmed anything yet. At least if it's true (which I think it is), we're prepared now.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yes it's all over the news now but ITV has not confirmed anything yet. At least if it's true (which I think it is), we're prepared now.
I can't help rolling my eyes at the magazines. Did you read the interview? She didn't say that she wasn't coming back for season 6. All she said was that "they say season 6 might be the last" and that she can't see Violet "going on longer" because she must be over a 100 years old.

It's an ongoing joke and pure speculation. She made the same joke to Allen Leech a few months ago. He said she turned to him and said "I must be 186!" so she obviously finds it funny that Violet is still there.

But of course now the headlines all say "Maggie Smith is leaving"!

We will know if season 6 is the last in the summer. Personally I would hope for 7 seasons, but if it's 6 in the end, I'm okay with it, too as long as Tom gets a nice storyline and a happy ending.
Spoiler:
Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I assumed it was true (isn't everything we read on the internet true? )
Seems like the article title was 'Smith says series 6 will be her last'.

I am 'over' DA. I was over it when we hit the bakery truck, but I hung in there to help turn off the lights. LOL
I have moved on, through DA I have rediscovered Jane Austen, found other British series (North and South, Larkrise to Candleford, Cranford, to name just a *few*)..

DA was good while it lasted but it's past it's time to go. lololol
Old 03-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Moderator Manager

The DA reps are doing damage control now and are saying that Maggie's statements were misinterpreted. Of course magazines are going to glamorize their headlines.

Is Maggie Smith Leaving Downton Abbey After Next Season? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

LOL, aggie on your "isn't everything we read on the internet true" comment.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The DA reps are doing damage control now and are saying that Maggie's statements were misinterpreted. Of course magazines are going to glamorize their headlines.

Is Maggie Smith Leaving Downton Abbey After Next Season? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

LOL, aggie on your "isn't everything we read on the internet true" comment.
-
I wonder how the cast and crew feel about this will-we-or-won't-we renew each series issue? I don't know about ya'll, but I kinda like knowing what my future work schedule is--I totally get why Dan Stevens left the show, lightning stuck and he had to take advantage of it while he was white hot--if he had stuck with DA all these yrs, his opportunities might have been greatly diminished if not evaporated--and there he would be, 6 yrs older and forever typecast as Matthew Crawley.
I can see that some of the supporting cast might enjoy just sitting back and riding this DA thing as long as it goes, since they aren't trying to take the world by the tail. They are sort of coasting and enjoying the party, LOL.
Actors don't have the luxury like JF does, to say, 'oh when DA ends I will start The Gilded Age. They have to be able to know their schedules to see if it fits within their other responsibilities.
So I hope the cast knows how long this will last so they can plan future projects.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree. Mostly Dan wanted to take the chance and that includes moving his entire family to the U.S. which is obviously a big decision for Dan to make. The others are quite contented with their life in the UK and probably (as you said), coasting and enjoying the party here which is fine, you can't fault them for that. I understand the stigma of being typecast as Matthew Crawley forever. That's kind of like what happened to the 3 actors on Harry Potter after doing 8 movies playing the same character.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Totally off topic, but I just finished watching "Daniel Deronda', and Robert (Hugh what's-his-name was in it--a total creeper, a real meanie! And he had curly hair, lol

was watching it, hubby comes in.

HUBBY: "Hey! that's Cranford from DA!"
ME: "No, that's Robert from DA, Cranford was the miniseries I watched last week."

He tries, bless his heart.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL. I haven't seen that one from Hugh yet. I however have seen him on Freezing, Lost in Austen & Twenty Twelve. Daniel Deronda was way back 2002.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
LOL. I haven't seen that one from Hugh yet. I however have seen him on Freezing, Lost in Austen & Twenty Twelve. Daniel Deronda was way back 2002.
--
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Romola Garia was in Daniel Deronda as well. She's darling, she reminds me of Drew Barrymore. I loved her performance in Emma!

I watched Mansfield Park (1999 version) last night, and danged if there wasn't Hugh again! And his hair is hilarious. omg, laughed so hard. And an added bonus, there was the yummy Jonny Lee Miller (who was also in Emma).

It's funny, several of the actors/actresses appear in multiple works I've been watching...I know that's what they do for a living, but I am surprised so many of them keep showing up! (after watching a few different shows, I expected Brendon Coyle to pop on the screen any second, lol).
Old 03-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

That tends to be the case when you watch a lot of British TV shows. I'm currently catching up to Doctor Who and I can't count the number of times I recognized a guest star on some of the eps.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
--
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Romola Garia was in Daniel Deronda as well. She's darling, she reminds me of Drew Barrymore. I loved her performance in Emma!

I watched Mansfield Park (1999 version) last night, and danged if there wasn't Hugh again! And his hair is hilarious. omg, laughed so hard. And an added bonus, there was the yummy Jonny Lee Miller (who was also in Emma).

It's funny, several of the actors/actresses appear in multiple works I've been watching...I know that's what they do for a living, but I am surprised so many of them keep showing up! (after watching a few different shows, I expected Brendon Coyle to pop on the screen any second, lol).
Romola Garai is so good in the costume drama's, I loved her in Emma too, I didn't realise Hugh was in Mansfield Park as well, I'll have to check out his hair. lol.

Brendan Coyle has done his fair share I know, I was first aware of him in North and South, and then Lark Rise to Candleford.