Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

This was a wonderful episode, as far as I can recall. I'll read through the thread but I think my favorite is the one between Mary & Violet where Violet tells her the real reason why she's sad about the prospect of Isobel having to re-marry. And it's not because Isobel gets to have a title and all.

Larry and his brother are just...ugh. I hate them. Perhaps it was their mother that was stern with them and not Lord Merton?

How wonderful was Cora in this ep? It was great to see her getting angry and all

Sybbie & Tom scene of course is so wonderful. And Isis...

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:50 PM
New Fan

Who could have killed Green?

Assuming M. Bates did not buy TWO tickets [saving one to prove his innocence] then we are left wondering to who was Green saying "Why did you come?" That suggests someone from elsewhere - like Downton. How about Mr. Mosely? He would redeem himself. How about a real surprise - a woman? Would not expect that. Mrs ? Or Mary?

Would Thomas be a hero? JF has given him no redeeming qualities.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Moderator Manager

downtonphile - I've moved your post here where it is most appropriate. Again, if you're not sure, please post on this thread rather than starting one. Thanks.

Regarding the Green SL, it will all be answered soon.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtonphile (View Post)
Assuming M. Bates did not buy TWO tickets [saving one to prove his innocence] then we are left wondering to who was Green saying "Why did you come?" That suggests someone from elsewhere - like Downton. How about Mr. Mosely? He would redeem himself. How about a real surprise - a woman? Would not expect that. Mrs ? Or Mary?

Would Thomas be a hero? JF has given him no redeeming qualities.
Thomas didn't know about the rape, as far as we know, he kept pestering Baxter as to why the Bateses behaved so strangely (well, even compared to how they usually behave... ) but to no avail.

I do believe he has sometimes shown redeeming qualities (e.g. during/ after the whole Jimmy/ DA-is-totally-embracing-the-gay affair), only it was very short-lived and he instantly reverted back to his "evil" ways without any further character development.

Personally, I believe it was Bates, who also really killed Vera and a bunch of other people we just haven't heard about.

Moseley does not need any redemption imho. Like him or not, he's a decent person, maybe a bit boring, bad at cricket, very insecure - well, that's no crime in my book.

Last edited by Mindwalker; 02-20-2015 at 09:38 AM
Old 02-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwalker (View Post)
Moseley does not need any redemption imho. Like him or not, he's a decent person, maybe a bit boring, bad at cricket, very insecure - well, that's no crime in my book.
Welcome to the board and to ! I like Molesley too. Yes he's comedic relief but we kind of need this character on an otherwise all-serious cast of characters. His character can easily be written off too but he's still around as obviously the Crawleys are fond of him.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:05 PM
New Fan

Thank you for the welcome, Linds@y!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome!

Feel free to post around the threads. It's rather slow here lately.