Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
LOL, I'm on-board with this.

It's now making me think if the SL is because they wanted an exit for Jimmy's character. Kind of lazy writing, imo.
Yes to Thomas and Jimmy, hehehe!

I agree totally with the storyline being an exit for Jimmy. I think Ed Speleers has been offered loads more roles in other shows/ films and wanted to move on.

It was lazy. They could at least have made Lady A threaten him if he didn't go to bed with her. He was like- oh no, how do I keep her away from me... oh well I'll just go to bed with her. It was very sudden IMO. Maybe it just meant he was bored with life so stirred up trouble all the time- sending her Valentines etc. Maybe that is one of the reasons Thomas liked Jimmy- he reminded him of himself- a vain, handsome man who liked causing trouble!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
It was lazy. They could at least have made Lady A threaten him if he didn't go to bed with her. He was like- oh no, how do I keep her away from me... oh well I'll just go to bed with her. It was very sudden IMO. Maybe it just meant he was bored with life so stirred up trouble all the time- sending her Valentines etc. Maybe that is one of the reasons Thomas liked Jimmy- he reminded him of himself- a vain, handsome man who liked causing trouble!
You're probably right about this. I mean, he's a footman. Sleeping with a Lady is a no-no of course and he knows that he will get into trouble so why do it? Was it because he's scared that Lady Anstruther will reject him and spread lies about him to the Crawleys? As for Lady Anstruther, she will not lose anything really (except her dignity, haha) but even she knows sleeping with a footman is risky. They could've just done it at a motel or something.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You're probably right about this. I mean, he's a footman. Sleeping with a Lady is a no-no of course and he knows that he will get into trouble so why do it? Was it because he's scared that Lady Anstruther will reject him and spread lies about him to the Crawleys? As for Lady Anstruther, she will not lose anything really (except her dignity, haha) but even she knows sleeping with a footman is risky. They could've just done it at a motel or something.
It was a pretty mad thing to do. Jimmy didn't seem scared of her, maybe he was just horny and she was just there. When Thomas was younger he jumped into bed with Crowborough didn't he and was prepared to do the same with Pamuk, so I suppose they are/were just young men taking risks.

I don't suppose they had motels in those days and none in Downton
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Yes, you're right. It was the "human urge" and yes, there were no motels that days either. There were just big houses in Downton with plenty of rooms to do "it".

Old 01-11-2015, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes, you're right. It was the "human urge" and yes, there were no motels that days either. There were just big houses in Downton with plenty of rooms to do "it".

Of course, the Bateses could leave Downton Abbey and open... the Bates Motel! With showers! *Psycho music plays*
Old 01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL. Maybe the first motel in the Downton area.