Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
Is there a thread somewhere we can write our hopes/ fears for series 6? Or can I do it here?
-----

I was wanting to know the same thing! (I mentioned Rose's past romances in another thread, not thinking that someone hadn't watched all of season 5. OOPS )
Old 01-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Moderator Manager

That's alright, aggie. Sometimes I forget too. There's really not a lot of threads that U.S. posters can post here that isn't spoiler-free.

Quote:
Is there a thread somewhere we can write our hopes/ fears for series 6? Or can I do it here?
You can post here but if you haven't seen the rest of S5, that thread is full of spoilers.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
You can post here but if you haven't seen the rest of S5, that thread is full of spoilers.

Great! Thanks. I've seen all of S5 so no worries.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 AM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome.

I think I will re-watch the CS when it airs on PBS soon.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireK80 (View Post)
Ooops, I forgot to comment but I really enjoyed the CS.

This sums up very nicely what I feel about the episode.

Not only I liked it, but I thought it introduced some interesting storylines / characters for season 6 - the two new potential love interests for Mary and Edith (I hope both characters come back), the engagement between Carson and Mrs Hughes, the idea that Robert might have something more serious than an ulcer, etc.

The never - ending mystery about who killed Green has to be resolved soon though, it's getting really annoying. And Bates and Anna deserve some better storyline for season 6.

I like Rose, but I'm ok with her leaving, it made sense. And sorry, but Daisy should go too. She became very grating this season, and I never found this "educating Daisy" storyline very convincing anyway.

I think Tom will come back at some point, maybe with a young American girlfriend? That could provide some interesting conflict.
I forgot to comment about Edith's love interest, I really liked him and they had such nice chemistry. I'm really hoping he comes back.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Same Mai, I like him too. Looks like a decent bloke. I have had my doubts with both Anthony & Gregson but this one "looks" trouble-free.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, and I believe Edith has more natural chemistry with him too than with the others.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Moderator Manager

I wish he stays trouble-free. Knowing JF, he'll add another drama if that character is to come back next season...

Old 01-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he may be Downton's new agent since Tom is leaving?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
What a brilliant idea!

I liked this bloke too. He's young and more Edith's age. I have a feeling he'll have some terrible secret though
Old 01-13-2015, 06:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What a brilliant idea!

I liked this bloke too. He's young and more Edith's age. I have a feeling he'll have some terrible secret though

I'm hoping he'll be back, about time Edith found someone her own age, and with any luck he won't be hiding some terrible secret, but as it's Downton who knows, my thinking is that Edith's been through enough trauma's, so it should be happy times ahead for her. fingers crossed.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just hope her family approves this time...
Old 01-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

It would be wonderful if Edith FINALLY finds love...and it would be sweet if it was unexpected, just sort of fell in her lap--she seems to have to WORK so hard for everything (respect for her work during the war, respect from her father regarding her newspaper work, respect from Mary, trying to find Gregson, and later on trying so hard to keep her daughter in her life.) Nothing happens easily for Edith.

I recall reading a member here holds out hope for Mary and Napier, but I watched the ep the other day when the Turkish gent kicked the bucket. Napier clearly understood that Mary had some sort of involvement the day after the death, and then later on tells her what he heard from the Turkish embassy...
If he's of the 'old order' of English society, I don't see how he could ignore Mary's history with Pamuke.

just my opinion, of course.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I wouldn't mind seeing more of him next season. Just as long as he treats Edith right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
I recall reading a member here holds out hope for Mary and Napier, but I watched the ep the other day when the Turkish gent kicked the bucket. Napier clearly understood that Mary had some sort of involvement the day after the death, and then later on tells her what he heard from the Turkish embassy...
If he's of the 'old order' of English society, I don't see how he could ignore Mary's history with Pamuke.
He is aware of that although I think he's not that type of person to question Mary about what happened. And it's water under the bridge, his friend is dead and it's a long time ago.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Moderator Manager

for this Sunday's new (and last) S5 ep on PBS.