Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2014, 03:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Cottage Love (Anna & Bates) #5: Been through it all and still in love.

#5;
anna smith & john bates

appreciation thread

Supporters:

1. a million miles
2. sofiab
3. DUHsoTK
4. Tina
5. zazie87
6. julyhsm
7. L i N d $ @ y
8. heimweh
9. Lost in Translation
10. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
11. science girlfriend
12. ♥EclipseOfTime♥
13. Lynea
14. Maité
15. s e r e n i t y
16. eleonor
17. A_shiningstar
18. Goldenrose
19. itsKnotC
20. Ruby_Slippers
21. Manhattan
22. AragornsQueen
23. Mirai*
24. ~Cydonia~
25. AmericanDirrty
26. zuzoka
27. lisagslack14
28. Julie79
29. ScarletCourt
30. otterpatronus1
31. Imaginary Hat
32. baelfire24
33. readergirl925
34. lilylovesrufus
35. Wes&FredFan
36. Stay to the Lights
37. MichelleRN
38. Countess.
39. carrie.suze
40. dancing in the rain

x

Videos:

Anna & Mr. Bates - All This and Heaven Too
Downton Abbey - Echo - YouTube
Bates/Anna- Downton Abbey - YouTube

Previous Threads:
{1}, {2}, {3}, {4}

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread Lindsay, love the pictures, just looking down the list, and realised I'm not on it, needless to say would like to be added please hun.

I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for these two on Sunday.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Adding you. And thanks for suggesting the thread title.

The ep tonight looks like it will have some Anna/Bates focus but hopefully it won't be bad.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Adding you. And thanks for suggesting the thread title.

The ep tonight looks like it will have some Anna/Bates focus but hopefully it won't be bad.
You're welcome, and thanks for adding me too Lindsay.

Hoping it won't be too bad tonight for them either.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 AM
Moderator Manager

It was bad, ugh. Not this again. I can't believe Anna is arrested for a crime she didn't commit, Bates in S2 all over again! I am not too thrilled about this SL but in a way, if Anna had confessed to the whole thing truthfully from the start, maybe none of this should have happened?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
It was bad, ugh. Not this again. I can't believe Anna is arrested for a crime she didn't commit, Bates in S2 all over again! I am not too thrilled about this SL but in a way, if Anna had confessed to the whole thing truthfully from the start, maybe none of this should have happened?
Obviously JF is stuck for ideas when it comes to these two, I'm hoping it won't come to yet another trial, and needless to say Anna won't serve time like her husband did.

I loved Mary's imperious side when she was defending Anna last night, unfortunately that Inspector was equally fast with a put down line for her, just wish I could remember his exact quote. you might be able to help me out Lindsay.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Supreme Fan

It seems like we're in for a "Free Bates" take 2 this time. Mrs. Hughes was right when she said that misery seems to follow them. Unfortunately, I think that if Anna had confessed they'd have pinned her for motive right away the moment they learned that Green was a rapist. The inspecter seemed to have figured it out, even if Mr. Carson didn't. Broke my heart when Bates was emotional, watching Anna being handcuffed and led away. He didn't even get to touch her, to offer her any comfort, though he was in his protective husband mode. He looked so down at the ceremony, without Anna by his side. Mary seemed to indicate that there would be no trial/conviction ... and Mrs. Hughes pointed out that Bates had to serve time before he was proven innocent. Guess we have to see what happens during the CS.

It could've been far more interesting for them to show that the so-called witness was Bates's former cellmate or something. At least it would bring the revenge/S3 plot into S5 and provide some continuity.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Obviously JF is stuck for ideas when it comes to these two, I'm hoping it won't come to yet another trial, and needless to say Anna won't serve time like her husband did.
Yeah I hope it's all very quick for Anna and that they don't need to go to trial. I guess we'd see Murray in an ep unless the CS resolves this issue right away.

Quote:
I loved Mary's imperious side when she was defending Anna last night, unfortunately that Inspector was equally fast with a put down line for her, just wish I could remember his exact quote. you might be able to help me out Lindsay.
"I don't care if you're the Queen of the upper Nile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
It seems like we're in for a "Free Bates" take 2 this time. Mrs. Hughes was right when she said that misery seems to follow them. Unfortunately, I think that if Anna had confessed they'd have pinned her for motive right away the moment they learned that Green was a rapist. The inspecter seemed to have figured it out, even if Mr. Carson didn't. Broke my heart when Bates was emotional, watching Anna being handcuffed and led away. He didn't even get to touch her, to offer her any comfort, though he was in his protective husband mode. He looked so down at the ceremony, without Anna by his side. Mary seemed to indicate that there would be no trial/conviction ... and Mrs. Hughes pointed out that Bates had to serve time before he was proven innocent. Guess we have to see what happens during the CS.
I felt for Bates watching his wife getting cuffed away. No one should be seeing that, it was very upsetting. And yes, poor Bates walking alone after the war memorial. UGH. I can't believe we are back to having sad times with these two again. JF can't leave them alone.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT! Add please?

That sucks those two are still going through a rough time, I really thought this was the season for them to be happy again

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

"I don't care if you're the Queen of the upper Nile."

Thanks for the line Lindsay. shame she didn't have a comeback for him.

It definitely sucks these two can't catch a break, I'm assuming when and if they come through this, JF will give them an easy ride in S6. depending on how the CS ends that is.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I think Mary was stunned that there was somebody of the male sex who was not bowing or scraping and honored to be in her company. Clearly the inspector does not hold the nobility up highly at all - he's probably one of those who believed as Tom did early on (that the nobility will eventually face their fall). Unfortunately, Mary set herself up for that because there wasn't much she could do in that case ... and proclaiming her name as if that meant anything didn't really help. Good of Mary to stand up for Anna and Bates though.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

I've added you Ray!

I am really hoping we don't go into trial with Anna or if we do get there, she'd be proven not guilty. Shouldn't the CS be happy because these 2 deserve it after the horror that happened to them in S3.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Moderator Manager

I love this parallelism between 2x08 and 5x08.

potato with eyes

Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for the add

Aw that's just sad that they both had to go through that

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

I just need the CS to be happy for these two as they were with last season's CS. I can't believe we had to endure an entire season of this never-ending Green SL.