Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Announcement - Spoiler Rules Reminder! (Updated Jan 16, 2015)

Spoiler Rules at the Downton Abbey Board

Note: Updates since the last version are highlighted in blue. If a new line has been added, the bullet will be coloured blue.

Since Series 5 spoilers are coming out left, right and center right now, we, the moderators, thought it would be a good idea to remind our posters about the spoilers rules on this board because we want to ensure that this board, like every other TV board on , remains spoiler free.**

* A spoiler is defined as any information (especially storyline) or picture (moving or otherwise) not shared by ITV either on TV (via their YouTube channel to be postable on the board), on their Downton Abbey site or on their press centre site.

* Promotional pictures provided by ITV are not considered spoiler and can be freely posted on the board or via your avatar or signature.

* Promotional pictures such as screen captures from promos/trailers are considered to be spoilers and are not allowed on the board in any form.

* Storyline of any sort is not to be shared on the board until the episode airs.

* Casting news (especially those that give away a huge storyline) and upcoming guest stars are considered spoilers and should be posted under the spoiler tag.

* Any pictures or storylines released on the A Year in the Life of Downton Abbey should be discussed on the thread provided here.

* Promos/Trailers links can be shared under spoiler tags which can be created as follows:
HTML Code:
[sp]spoiler text[/sp]
However, storylines from trailers should be discussed on the spoiler thread here, until the storyline has aired, at which point it can be discussed anywhere on the board.

* Reminder - from the general guidelines:
Quote:
  • Pictures from promos that have aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
  • Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.
Quote:
  • Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites and/or aired on places like YouTube or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
  • Avatars made from sources other than the ones mentioned above should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode or movie.
Quote:
Spoilers:
Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.
  • The following limited spoilers are allowed in a designated discussion thread on the forums here as long as the title includes the word Spoilers:
    • Information officially released by the network such as sneak peaks, filming pictures and episodes stills, or cast interviews that hint at future storylines can be posted in the designated spoiler discussion thread at all forums.
    • Spoilers regarding the character an actress or actor is playing in a TV show are permitted at their own Male or Female Celebrity Forum. These discussions should be limited to character information and not overall show spoilers.
    • Spoilers about upcoming book releases are allowed in their discussion threads at the Books and Writing Forum or forums that are devoted to a book franchise. The word Spoilers can be removed from the title after the official release date.
  • Spoilers should only be discussed if they meet the above limited conditions and any further spoilers should be discussed at the Spoilers Forum.
  • Animations, artwork, icons and other such material can be posted within these threads but they must not be used across Fan Forum or any other thread.
  • Discussion and information sharing must be limited to the listed threads that have spoilers indicated in the title.
  • If you're unsure about what might be considered to be a spoiler please continue to use the spoiler tags, shown here:
    Code:
    [*sp][*/sp]

take out the * sign when posting
The purpose of the reminder is to ensure fair play for all posters/readers of this board.

If you have any questions about these rules, please PM the moderator of this board, Lindsay.

Thanks for your cooperation!

**Note: You can find these rules in a more general form under the spoiler heading in the Official Fan Forum Rules and Guidelines announcement at the top of every board.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 03-28-2014 at 08:16 AM
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Moderator Manager

A reminder for those who have seen S3 that while the board/threads are already full of S3 storylines for discussion, please be respectful of those who have yet to see S3 in the U.S. and steer clear of S4 spoilers we may encounter elsewhere and not discuss them on the threads.

Thanks again!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Updated spoiler policy today. S4 calendar pictures/engagement diary photos are okay to use on the dates provided below (we follow UK release dates).

2014 Wall Calendar - out August 6 (UK/US)
2014 Engagement Diary - out August 1 (UK), August 15 (US)
2014 Page A Day Calendar - out August 15 (UK/US)

Old 01-05-2014, 02:54 AM
Moderator Manager

A reminder for those who have seen S4 that while the board/threads are already full of S4 storylines for discussion, please be respectful of those who have yet to see S4 in the U.S. and steer clear of S5 spoilers we may encounter elsewhere and not discuss them on the threads.

Thanks again!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Moderator Manager

I've updated the OP to include an additional FF rule regarding spoilers (highlighted in blue). I will designate specific threads here with the word SPOILER where it's allowed to post spoilers for the upcoming season of D.A. Again, let me reiterate that speculations and such are still not allowed and should go on the Spoilers Board.

Any infraction to any of the rules stated above will result in posts being edited/unapproved. Thanks.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Updated spoiler policy today in the OP. Latest addition in blue. Also the following links below are all released already but most of the pics used are from S4 so no spoilers.

2015 Wall Calendar - out July 22 (UK/US)
2015 Engagement Diary - out July 21 (UK/US)
2015 Page A Day Calendar - out July 21 (UK/US)