Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Moderator Manager

American Beauty {Cora Crawley ♕ Elizabeth McGovern} #4 - "Golly! Life is full of surprises!"

Welcome to the 4th
Countess Cora Crawley | Elizabeth McGovern
Appreciation Thread

Supporters:

1. L i N d $ @ y
2. Guinevereღ
3. skje
4. P&B4ever
5. sofiab
6. eleonor
7. MTG11687
8. Goldenrose
9. confessor_meggy
10. EndlessღLove
11. bijou156
12. lisagslack14
13. Countess.
14. Elif_ZV
15. Stay to the Lights
16. Captivating
17. Livingatdownton
18. carrie.suze
Cora Crawley

Cora Crawley (née Levinson), Countess of Grantham (b. July 18, 1868), also known as Lady Grantham, is the daughter of Martha Levinson and the late Isidore Levinson, the sister of Harold Levinson, the wife of Robert Crawley, the daughter-in-law of the late 6th Earl of Grantham and Violet Crawley, the sister-in-law of Rosamund and the late Marmaduke Painswick the mother of Mary Crawley, Edith Crawley, and the late Sybil Branson, the mother-in-law of Tom Branson and the late Matthew Crawley. She is grandmother of Miss Sybil Branson and Master George Crawley. She is American and married into British nobility.
Elizabeth McGovern

McGovern has also appeared in several television productions, mostly in the UK.

In 1999 and 2000 McGovern played Marguerite St. Just in a BBC television series loosely based on the novel The Scarlet Pimpernel.

In May 2007 she played Ellen Doubleday, Daphne du Maurier's paramour, in Daphne, a BBC2 television drama by Amy Jenkins, based on Margaret Forster's biography of the author.

In December 2008 McGovern appeared as Dame Celia Westholme in "Appointment with Death", an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot.

In the same year she appeared in the three-part BBC comedy series Freezing, written by James Wood and directed and co-produced by her husband Simon Curtis. First broadcast on BBC Four, it was also shown on BBC2 in February 2008. McGovern played an American expatriate actress named Elizabeth, living in Chiswick with her publisher husband, played by Hugh Bonneville, and co-starring Tom Hollander as her theatrical agent.

Beginning in 2010, she portrayed Cora, Countess of Grantham, wife of Robert, the Earl of Grantham (played by Hugh Bonneville), in the British TV series Downton Abbey.

On American TV she appeared in a 2006 episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit titled "Harm," in which her character of Dr. Faith Sutton was a psychiatrist accused of complicity in detainee abuse. Her other television work includes Broken Glass (Arthur Miller, 1996); Tales from the Crypt; The Changeling; Tales from Hollywood; the HBO series Men and Women; The Man in the Brooks Brothers Shirt; Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre ("Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"); and If Not For You (CBS 1995, own series).

McGovern is also a singer-songwriter. In 2008 she began fronting the band Sadie and the Hotheads at The Castle pub venue in Portobello Road, London.[citation needed] The band released an album of songs she developed with The Nelson Brothers, who are now part of the band. The album also includes Ron Knights on bass and Rowan Oliver, borrowed from Goldfrapp, as drummer for the recording sessions.[6] Michelle Dockery, who plays McGovern's eldest daughter in Downton Abbey, has occasionally sung with the band.

Follow her on twitter: https://twitter.com/elizabethmcgov

Previous threads:

#1 - She's a loving wife & mother and divine beauty of Downton!
#2 - "I am American. Have gun, will travel"
#3 - "Everything is the most terrific fun!"

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new one Lindsay, that's a beautiful set of pictures.

And I'd love to be on the list too. xx
Old 02-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome.

I'll add you properly later when I'm on my laptop. I'm posting on my iPad right now and it's a chore.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh Elizabeth.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Sadie and the Hotheads - SUNDAY MAIL – December 13th

Old 03-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Elizabeth met Kate when the Duchess visited the DA set yesterday. But I haven't seen any pics of them together, just that one with the cast.