Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

10.000 posts Celebration: It's no Lie, it's a real reason to celebrate!!

Happy 10.000 posts Celebration!!

Congrats to Jessica for making the 10.000th post

I can't believe we're already here celebrating 10,000 posts on The Lying Game board! I'm ecstatic that so many people are loving this show & posting on the board! I feel like after only a month & a half, we have become a family, although there will be no lies & deceptions among us here! I hope by the next celebration Emma & Sutton have become friends! Is that too much to ask? Congrats on 10K, Lying Game fans!!
Jessica, Make A Wave

Made by Kat, diannaagronlove

The Lying Game has become an obsession. What started out as an interesting comedy of errors for a girl trying to impersonate a twin she didn’t know well, and discovering one after another the pitfalls of “Suttonisms, and Family Traditions”, has developed into an expose of a complicated set of relationships. The first season has progressively developed each character, letting us get to know them as Emma gets to know them, revealing depths not apparent at first sight.

The secrets and lies that sent Sutton off on her birth mother search have turned out to be like icebergs, with only the tiniest part visible on the surface. Each week we delve deeper into the mystery, sometimes following red herrings, but always left with another question and another clue. The cast does a fantastic job of portraying the characters, and the chemistry works perfectly between them all. The flexibility of the actors lends realism to the twin encounters, and the suspicious characters keep us constantly confused as to innocence or guilt.

We worry about Kristin, get frustrated with Ted’s lies, suspect Alec’s favors, admire Mads’ strength and loyalty, commiserate with Dan’s past mistakes, worry about Rebecca’s motives, want to help Char with her family, sympathize with Thayer’s torn loyalties and distrust of his father, appreciate Laurel’s unquestioning support of her sister, hope that Ethan will figure out how to tell the twins apart, barely control our need to slap Sutton, and anxiously await the day Emma will be able to openly join the family she has come to love so well.

The Lying Game has captured our imaginations and drawn us into it’s world. We revel in the depth and complexity of the relationships, speculate on the mysteries both past and present, and offer our own support and advice to each character who has become so real to us. We are the supporting cast, socializing at the country club and meeting secretly at the cabin. We have become players in the Lying Game.
Lynn, webinterlude

Made by Holly, Queen of Babble

Wow, I can't believe we already reached 10k posts! I'm so proud of us though and it's amazing that we reached this milestone so fast! I just love this board so much, all the people on here are super nice and I'm so happy to be apart of this fandom.
The episodes of this show keep getting better and better and it has an amazing cast, so no wonder it's doing so great. I just love coming here and posting. Here's to getting to our next milestone!
Kate, diannaagronlove

Made by Judith, skje

I only recently found my way to The Lying Game board here on fanforum, but I've been a fan of the Lying Game since the beginning. It's one of the shows me and my mom watch together during our 'weekly bonding time'. We love discussing all the twists and turns, what we think is going to happen next, what we can't believe just happened (Hello finale!), and most recently how we want to knock Sutton off a bridge. so when I realized the place I often kick it anyway - fanforum, had a board for The Lying Game, I had to go and see what everyone else was saying. You see for me, I love the relationships between the characters, but this show is about more than that its also a connection for me to my mom, its one of the things we talk about and enjoy watching the most (she has told me my sister was acting like a total Sutton one day,lol, funniest thing ever). I hope to make more friends on the board as I discuss my newly formed appreciation for Emma/Thayer even though it seems to be playing right into Sutton's evil little hand. But still you have to love Sutton, even if its just loving to hate her, she's one of the most manipulative and conniving characters I've seen on tv and while I don't see how characters like Char and Mads have put with her, I'm just glad she's around to love to hate. Now here we are celebrating 10k worth of posts about Romance, Mystery,friendships, Twists and Turns, and everything in between. May we have many more celebrations like these for this wonderful board!
Pammie, AtomicEmpress

Made by Kat, diannaagronlove

Wow that really went fast, 10K already!! I loove that we got our board and that we all grew so close over discussing over that great show already. I'm also glad we can discuss both the books and the show, because I love both of them.
I'm really glad we're doing so well, because this place is my new favorite place at FanForum. I love you all guys and I'm so excited for our first celebration and for soon to be mods (I'm sure you all would do a great job) and that we already get customized. It's all so exciting when there's a new board, but I already feel it's been there forever
Holly, Queen of Babble

Made by Holly, Queen of Babble

Now let's celebrate!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 04-03-2012 at 02:36 AM
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Yay, it's finally up! The OP looks great Holly, thanks so much for preparing it! I'm reading all the testimonials now
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congratulations!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for stopping by Chris!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Chris

ANd thaaaanks Kat It's so great we finally did it

now only a mod had to top the thread

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on 10k!

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 04-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for stopping by guys!

You're welcome Holly! You really did such a great job on the OP. I love every testimonial and what you guys have to say about the show and the board, btw.

Yeah, it would be great if a mod could top this!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Holly, the OP looks amazing! I loved reading what everyone had to say about that show! As soon as I get home from work, I am changing my icon & sig! Congrats, everybody! WE DID IT!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations, guys!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on reaching the 10K milestone.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats

Posted on tumblr, facebook and LJ.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The OP looks great.

April
Old 04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unless a dream
Congrats

Posted on tumblr, facebook and LJ.
Thank you!

And thanks to everybody who stopped by

And not to thank me at all, thank you all guys who contributed something for the celebration

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

The OP is pretty
Congrats, you did an amazing job