Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
i feel like they are trying to push sutton/ethan on everyone and i am not buying it at all.
THIS! Same with Thayer/Emma. It feels so forced and unnatural to me.

Maybe the writers wanted to switch things up for Season 2, but I'm not buying it.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don think emma/thayer are forced. i could see his feelings last season. on top of that, hes at least a genuine guy.

sutton from the beginning has been manipulative and mean, how is anyone supposed to root for her? ( i could ship her with thayer because i always felt like she was kind to him (in the beginning) and he could turn her around and make her want to be better)

ethan kissing her was just not waht i expected from his character at all.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
( i could ship her with thayer because i always felt like she was kind to him (in the beginning) and he could turn her around and make her want to be better)
Yup. As the title says, he's loved her since he was a kid, so there was always something about her that he loved. I wonder what changed. Was it Emma? He was more on Sutton's side at the beginning of it, but then all of a sudden he's totally against Sutton? IDK. I just... AHHHHH! It's so frustrating!

Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think it was emma necessarily, (well maybe seeing how emma treated him in comparison to sutton changed things) but i think it was mainly that sutten could never give herself to thayer completely and was always hung up on ethan.

i always hoped (and still wouldnt mind) if sutton smartened up and realized that thayer has always been the one thats been there for her and loved her for her, not ethan. but, the show seems to be rewriting things now. LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
Yup. As the title says, he's loved her since he was a kid, so there was always something about her that he loved. I wonder what changed. Was it Emma? He was more on Sutton's side at the beginning of it, but then all of a sudden he's totally against Sutton? IDK. I just... AHHHHH! It's so frustrating!
I've never seen Thayer totally against Sutton. at the end of last season, it was THayer and Sutton who found the locket, Thayer was the one still bringing Sutton her favorite foods, advising her to get to know Emma, and rescuing her from the reservation. I haven't seen a Thayer/Sutton interaction since then. Which is why I don't trust this attraction Thayer feels towards Emma. I think it is all because he wishes Sutton felt the way about him that Emma feels about Ethan. He said himself that Ethan and Emma were made for each other. I've never seen Thayer side with Emma against Sutton, but Ethan always has. Thayer didn't even go along with his dad's warning to Emma not to trust Sutton, and Thayer knows Sutton very well, and knows she has been plotting against Emma. So where does THayer stand really?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
i dont think it was emma necessarily, (well maybe seeing how emma treated him in comparison to sutton changed things) but i think it was mainly that sutten could never give herself to thayer completely and was always hung up on ethan.

i always hoped (and still wouldnt mind) if sutton smartened up and realized that thayer has always been the one thats been there for her and loved her for her, not ethan. but, the show seems to be rewriting things now. LOL
THIS! It's so frustrating when shows do that!

Quote:
I've never seen Thayer side with Emma against Sutton, but Ethan always has. Thayer didn't even go along with his dad's warning to Emma not to trust Sutton, and Thayer knows Sutton very well, and knows she has been plotting against Emma. So where does THayer stand really?
Yup. Yup. Yup. Thayer always tried to "build Sutton up" and keep things at peace, whereas Ethan honestly didn't want anything to do with her 'til the reservation, but that wasn't his choice in the matter.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

I agree that Thayer may be getting tired of watching Sutton pursuing Ethan shamelessly. And he may feel a little foolish for caring about someone who has so obviously spurned him. But on the other hand, he can't seem to help himself whenever she calls on him. He has to be there for Sutton. It is part of that whole thing about knowing her, what makes her tick, her history, their past, and his love for her, which however much bruised, is still there.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
I agree that Thayer may be getting tired of watching Sutton pursuing Ethan shamelessly. And he may feel a little foolish for caring about someone who has so obviously spurned him. But on the other hand, he can't seem to help himself whenever she calls on him. He has to be there for Sutton. It is part of that whole thing about knowing her, what makes her tick, her history, their past, and his love for her, which however much bruised, is still there.
I agree. I think Thayer will continue to be there for her, if she calls on him again.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I posted this in the Emma/Thayer friendship thread, but I'll post it here, too, because it fits here as well.

(Thayer & Emma) really need to talk a lot more and not just "be in the moment" and think that they love each other, when it's obvious, at least on Emma's part, that they're still in love with someone else. We still really don't know how Thayer feels about Sutton. Does he even still care for her as a person/friend? He has known the real Sutton and he has brought out the best in her. Where is that relationship now? Does he not want anything to do with her now because he's too involved with Emma? If he doesn't trust his dad, does he not believe Alec's warning to Emma to not trust Sutton? Gosh! Still so much that needs to be talked about!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I haven't seen a Thayer/Sutton interaction since then.
because of this, i DONT think he still cares for sutton. if the show wanted us to think he loved sutton still and was using emma, then theyd have thayer/sutton interact more, but they havent.

i think they genuinely want us to think that thayer loves emma now.

(i dont think emma is over ethan at all though, that much is obvious, so i think s/t are doomed)

if they had had emma/thayer hook up as reounds that would make sense, but to me they arent writing it that way. emma yes, but thayer seems to really like her.

which, again doesnt make sense to me because it seems like they want EE to be endgame so why even break thayers heart again? why not have sutton smarten up? i dont get it. LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
because of this, i DONT think he still cares for sutton. if the show wanted us to think he loved sutton still and was using emma, then theyd have thayer/sutton interact more, but they havent.
The show can't make the endgame too obvious. They are determined to have a Themma period, and keep us guessing whether or not it will last. They can't have us believe that Emma so quickly fell out of love with Ethan, but they can makes us think that Thayer is over Sutton. Basically by NOT showing them together, so we will forget how many times Thayer has forgiven and remained loyal to Sutton in spite of her poor treatment of him.

Same way they are always showing Ethan and Sutton at the end, leaving us to wonder if he succumbed, and leaving the extent in doubt. It's adding tension. Misdirection

Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
The show can't make the endgame too obvious. They are determined to have a Themma period, and keep us guessing whether or not it will last. They can't have us believe that Emma so quickly fell out of love with Ethan, but they can makes us think that Thayer is over Sutton. Basically by NOT showing them together, so we will forget how many times Thayer has forgiven and remained loyal to Sutton in spite of her poor treatment of him.

Same way they are always showing Ethan and Sutton at the end, leaving us to wonder if he succumbed, and leaving the extent in doubt. It's adding tension. Misdirection
The show may not want to make an end game obvious but I've never seen writers who rarely make their end game pairings interact. At least a hello if nothing. They had a good opportunity with the running scene but instead they had Thayer and Sutton not factor. For the endgame to be possible something would have to communicate between them no one ever writes a couple to be destined when they don't care. And I have to say I really don't see Thayer remaining loyal to Sutton, he may forgive her becuase he doesn't care to be angry at her but remaining loyal now. I don't see it, it's not what's shown on screen now. He has moved on as people do in life. I mean is Thayer being nice to Sutton in ther early episodes still going to be relevant at the end of the season or the next if we are currently been show that he has moved on over the years. That doesn't make sense.

I have seen Emma also been betrayed and try to move on and is now actively doing so. It's being shown by the show. It's not like Emma decided out of the blue that she would break up with Ethan and fall into Thayer's arms.

Sutton/Thayer, well before I buy it I have to see just one scene now showing anything meaningful.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Well, it is absolutely possible that Thayer has moved on from Sutton. But since this IS the Sutton/Thayer shipper thread, that isn't a common hope here. Like any other ship, there can be hope that this couple who were together in the past, will make it up, and come to realize how much they care for each other. The fact that they haven't had any interactions lately is just running along side the fact that they were friendly and Thayer was supportive of Sutton in their last interaction. And Thayer rejected the notion that they should not trust Sutton, maybe just because he is suspicious of everything his father says, or maybe because he still totally trusts Sutton.
Personally, if I was involved in a murder, and someone told me not to trust someone else, I wouldn't trust either of those people.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They can't have us believe that Emma so quickly fell out of love with Ethan, but they can makes us think that Thayer is over Sutton. Basically by NOT showing them together,
i dont think i agree with that.

like jungle julia said, i think its weird that they dont even have them interact.

i think ee is their endgame, but i dont think they care about sutton/thayer at all. i really dont.

i dont want to offend people, i ship thayer/sutton! i do! and i have hope that something wil happen in the future, but i just dont know if i think the writers care.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I hear ya, Alexa! I am so torn when it comes to these two! I still love them so freakin' much and want them to be together, but I think the writers have dropped the ball with them and might not be bringing them back anytime soon. I won't lose hope, though!