Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator Opening Announcement & The Future of this Board Discussion ~ Please Read and Respond!!

Hi everyone!

We currently have an open moderator position on this message board. If you'd like to apply for this position, please go to the Moderator Application Process - How to Apply & Questions Answered thread and follow the instructions to apply to be a moderator on this board. Please note that the deadline to get applications in is 12:00 PM GMT on January 18th. If you had applied the last time there were moderator openings here, you'll need to reapply, as we don't keep old applications in case people are no longer interested in the position. If you don't receive a confirmation Private Message within 24 hours after you send in your application, please send a Private Message to boot-n-rally.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone who applies!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Good luck
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

The Future of This Board - *Please Read and Respond*

I am sure how to start this, I have thought of what to say all day, and am not sure how to word this. This board hasn't been doing well without Cee Cee since she left in Mid November, and with news of her being gone, I honestly am not sure how much longer we can go on. I really don't want to let the board go, but I don't want the board to continue to struggle either. I really do appreciate all the help since she left, I really do, words can't express it enough So many of the character thread's haven't been posted in since mid November, and a board needs more then just the game threads to keep it going. It is understandable that there isn't anything to say in the character threads or episode discussion threads, as the show has been over for several months, and only had 13 episodes to begin with.

Today is actually the board's one year anniversary, and it is remarkable that we have made it this far. I would start a celebration thread, but after writing this thread up, I just am not in the mood

Please let me know your thoughts, should we try and keep the board going or not?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Good luck everyone

If anyone is thinking of applying, please let me know. That will obviously have some effect on the board's future as I just posted a possible board closure thread.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Carmen! It is very sad that ceecee has left and I understand your thinking of the decsion to close the board. You did make very good points that with her gone it will be very hard to keep the board going.

I think this board had a good run with it being cancelled and very few episodes.

Sent from my android device
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Good luck to those who apply! I hope it helps keep the board open!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Carmen, I know it was hard for you to consider this possibility. It can be difficult to keep things going, and sometimes reverting to a thread at the general Television board is for the best. Hopefully anybody interested in the future of this board will take a few seconds to comment.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Good luck to everyone applying!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
MST Manager

Good luck to all the applicants.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
MST Manager

Admittedly, I am posting at this board since I am assigned as a temp mod and of course, I'll stay here as long as I need to be here. I was also one of the original temp mods when the board was first created a year ago (where has the time gone?) and I really enjoyed being there especially since the show was new and progressing. But it is very hard to keep a board going for a show like this which was cancelled after the first season and had little to no time to establish an audience or fan base. I am finding it hard to post anywhere on the board except the games and off topic. I sincerely apologize if this comes out harsh.

I know this is hard for you, but I totally respect and understand whatever decision that you make.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I merged the Future of the Board discussion with the Moderator Opening Announcement after getting some advice from Chris. The Mod opening and the future of the board do go hand in hand, so it does make sense for the threads to be one. Thanks again for all your help Chris

Thank you very much to all of you who have said your opinion, I really appreciate it. I really haven't been mod here that long, I was really only co mod's with Cee Cee for like a week before she left, and that was less then 2 months ago. I knew she was going to be busy with school, and I understand her reason's for leaving, school and real life do come first. But I have to admit I didn't expect to have to make this decision by myself, her and I had many talks about how we would keep this board alive together Oh well, plans change, just have to deal with the outcome. This board had a great run, was never on the low post count list that I know of, and lasted a year, that alone is a miracle in itself and a great accomplishment considering the short one season we got of this show.

Aw you were here at the beginning and now the most likely end of the board Nikki? That is almost a little eerie. That is understandable that you have nothing to say in the threads other then the game ones, you are not alone in feeling that, no reason to feel bad Thanks again for all your help

Thanks for stopping by Lindsey Yeah it is better just to end it now, before it get's worse with Cee Cee officially gone.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side (View Post)
I merged the Future of the Board discussion with the Moderator Opening Announcement after getting some advice from Chris. The Mod opening and the future of the board do go hand in hand, so it does make sense for the threads to be one. Thanks again for all your help Chris
You're quite welcome Carmen.

I sincerely hope that anybody with a genuine interest in this board will seriously consider everything Carmen has said.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side (View Post)
Thanks again for all your help
Of course.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Its no a problem Carmen. I actually thought of you when Chris told us in the info center that CeeCee decided to step down.

I think it would be the way to go if it ended it on such a good note and not for other reasons. Like you said to your knowledge it was never on the low count list and it really is amazing how long it lasted after it ended.

This is very sad though