Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Eep (The Croods) #2: *Eep wears shoes* "Ahhh I love them! Where are my feet?!"

Surviving in a volcanic world is tough enough, but caveman Grug gets a rude awakening when an earthquake forces him to leave behind the only world he knows. With his family in tow, he ventures out into the volatile world in search of a new home. The situation becomes even more complicated when Grug's family - in particular his oldest daughter - falls for a nomad they encounter on their dangerous journey. This quirky, imaginative stranger's search for 'tomorrow' is at odds with Grug's reliance on the traditions of yesterday.
+
Fans;
autumn_hope
DUHsoTK
flightless♥bird
Beautiful Tragedy
fragileღheart
TruLove
mint chip
loyal2usa

Last edited by pink velvet; 03-28-2013 at 03:42 PM
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Add me please

Spoiler:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Banned

From an interview with The Croods co-directors Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders at Aint It Cool News:

Quote:
One of the things I love talking about with people who have directed animated films is talking about the evolution of the look of the characters and how that changes. What were some of the bigger leaps in terms of how you wanted them to look?

DeMicco: Yeah, the characters never really went through a change. It was just a very lengthy build. We were very, very careful during the creation and the design of the characters to get characters that weren’t overly glamorous to live in this world. We wanted them to be visually appealing, but we also wanted the characters that could live in that environment to be believable. So I think Eep is the character that you most want to talk about. Grug was relatively straight forward; we just wanted a big powerful guy that could believably protect his family in this world.

Eep was a different case, because we wanted her to be visually appealing. We wanted her to be pretty, but we wanted her to be caveman pretty. So we gave her this body…if you watch the summer Olympics, she’s got the broad shoulders and this amazingly V-shaped back like the swimmers and the gymnasts have. She’s a powerful character, but if you look at her shape, she still has these lyrical shapes and these very graceful shapes. Those big shoulders terminate in very small hands, and her legs terminate in very small feet. So she’s got a lightness and a grace that keep her fast and agile looking. At the same time, she can also have a moment in the film where she grabs Guy and lifts him off the ground with one arm, because the Croods are really a different species than Guy. He is human being 2.0. He’s more like us; he's all about his brain. He’s really in shape, but compared to a Crood, he's under powered. So if the Croods want to keep him around, he’s sticking around; he cannot get away.
Quote:
These days, it’s fairly standard practice to film your actors while they're recording their voice parts. Do you use that, or do you just have that for the documentary? 

DeMicco: Yes, we will constantly pull reference. While we record, we'll be making little notes on our script if the actor does something that we think is just fantastic. Nobody got pulled more than Emma Stone. She has the most amazingly animated expressions I’ve ever seen. She’s incredibly appealing, fresh, unusual. At one point, she actually smiles, but her mouth is turning down. It’s a very hard thing to explain.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have seen a lot of animated movies over the years but this is the first time I have seen a character animated to look like the actress that did the voice over. Amazing resemblance to Emma including the foot wear! Also, in the movie there is a scene where Eep is getting lectured by her father and she makes an expression with her face that is reminiscent of the Lobster Shack scene in Easy A.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the power of Emma Stone
Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
At one point, she actually smiles, but her mouth is turning down. It’s a very hard thing to explain.
I'd like to see a visual of this!

Emma is
Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can see it now, studios calling her manger wanting to know if she is available to do voice work for animated projects.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh add me rae?!

loved this movie, I just wish it wasn't in 3D!
still enjoyed it though!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Please add me too Rae it was much better than the Flinstone movies
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

you can see it not in 3D though Lor, can't you? adding you both!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for adding us Rae

the movie kind of reminded me of Ice Age 3 too
Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_hope (View Post)
you can see it not in 3D though Lor, can't you? adding you both!
I think so Rae, but I went with my two little cousins and of course they picked 3D
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate 3D movies I shall not be seeing this in 3D
Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_hope (View Post)
I hate 3D movies I shall not be seeing this in 3D
yeah don't

the movie is great! It's fun, funny, very visual, colors, bright! awesome voice overs!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hopefully I will be seeing it soon!