Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Thank you.
I think he is liking it.... his character is getting lots of development... just not the direction I'd like

Ohh I really want to see him sharing scenes with Stefan!!! I mean, I am a huge KC shipper, but I'm really looking forward to some Klefan scenes
And he got his own show so he must be happy
But I just read an interview with DG and he doesn't sound happy at all.

I agree about Klefan scenes I'm sure they will share at least one.
Not a fan of KC, sorry
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Exactly!! He must be thrill with the fact that he now has his own show.

As for Daniel, he seems to be more interested in character development and considering that he is already a lead in a drama show, I think he expected more of Elijah than just being exchanging puppy love looks with Hayley. I used to LOVE him in TVD, and now he mostly annoys me

I know you're not a KC fan.. as incredible as it may sound, most of my online friends don't like them
I am a multi-shipper, but I usually only really invest in like one or two couples... and unfortunately for me, KC is one of the two
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I want Klaus to stop being all soft and crying all the time and being all goody.... I love evil Klaus, the one that would kill people just for looking at him the wrong way....

I think that's the problems with villains like Klaus, they kept him around to long so they soften him because of fanbases and for he can last longer and stuff like that. lol
Every villain on TVD/TO will turn soft if they last longer than a season. lol

Although Klaus seem the same to me...
Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

You are right, the longer they stick around, softer they get..... It's just that some actions just seem OOC and I just want to punch the writers, the character....
Old 01-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If anything, I'd say Elijah character has taken more of a character assassination than Klaus has. I love Daniel latest interview, about him having amnesia episode from episode. lol And I love Elijah... but they changed him to be too good....

With Bonnie, she's a character who I wouldn't mind to have a character change. lol
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Moderator Manager

I just said somewhere (I've been posting in a lot of places ) that I used to LOVE Elijah, and since TO within every episode I just want to hit him in the head. Not happy at all with the way they are handling him

IMO Bonnie always had the short straw on the show... her SL were never fully developed and she was mostly used just to get Elena out of her troubles.... She deserved more
Old 01-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Daniel don't seem to happy as well... the writing for some of these characters just need to be better... Elijah is still my favorite character along with Bonnie/Stefan but sometimes it's hard watching him.

I'm having that same problem with Bonnie, I think I'm just loving her for Kat now. And it's bad when you just continue to love a character solely because of the Actress...

Bonnie deserves more, but it's too hard to watch her at time... she's a teenager who cares nothing about her life, feels she has nothing to live for. Believes Elena is her guardian angel, she can't do anything without Elena's approval. She'd die 100 times over to save her friends who wouldn't do the same for her, I just don't get the character at all.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

If I was Daniel I wouldn't be happy with the direction his character is heading either... he is just a sidekick lately... boring

In TVD my favorites are Stefan, Caroline and Katherine.... but the way you're feeling about Bonnie is how I'm feeling about Caroline, I like her because of the actress, but the character per se is having a lousy development.

My problem with Bonnie is exactly that.... she sacrifices everything for Elena, and when it's the other way around no one is there for her. I would like to see her rebel and say fix your own problems, I'm busy!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not to interupt the conversation, but can someone post the link to the interview with Daniel. The one that apparently says he's unhappy with his character on TO. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Here it is Daniel's interview to the huffingtonpost.

Quote:
Switching gears to “The Originals,” there appears to be a connection between Elijah and the hybrid Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin). What does she stir up in him?
Forbidden fruit. I don’t think they're a good match. It’s kind of gross if you think about it. Let’s just take this intimacy to its natural conclusion. They have sex. What does that mean when your brother’s child is within her? There’s something obscene about it. But it’s sort of wonderful in an independent film kind of way. For this show, I’m certainly not excited about the relationship. I also think the fans of the show are a little bit over it. Who knows? What do I know? I don’t know anything. I think the people who turned to our show were really hoping and praying there wouldn’t be a love triangle. Unfortunately, that’s kind of the convention that’s been thrown at them. That said, I know we’re making the best of it that we possibly can. We just continue to see where it takes us.

Elijah is all about keeping the family together, but you can only be stabbed in the back, or in their case, in the heart, so many times. What have you enjoyed about the sibling dynamic between Elijah and Klaus?
Elijah is clearly sick. He’s clearly demented in that he pledges allegiance to this man, because there doesn’t seem to be any apparent reason why he would give himself to his brother. Klaus has demonstrated nothing in the show that constitutes that kind of devotion. I’ve made a decision, because I’ve sort of been forced to, that Elijah is sick. He feels in some way that he betrayed his brother for not rescuing him all those centuries ago from his fate. I think he’ll never be able to forgive himself for that. That act of non-forgiveness mutated into this self-loathing. It’s pathological. Elijah’s ill to want to keep returning to someone who clearly has no interest in his happiness or well-being.

Can Elijah be pushed too far though?
One would hope so. Otherwise, we’re creating a character that has enormous potential to be great and we’re just squandering it on nothing. Every time it seems like Elijah has said, “I’ve had enough. This is the end,” the following week it ends. He’s forgotten. That’s his illness. He has this amnesia week-to-week about all these betrayals. I think they are going to take it to a place where he finally reaches enough. He just has to reach a place of critical mass. Something has to break with this much abuse. Elijah has to reconcile himself with the fact that life has continued and it wasn’t necessarily his fault that these terrible things happened to his brother.
The interview was more about Saving Hope, you can read the whole thing HERE
Old 01-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Do you read fanfics Sydney?

Yes! I wanted her to say "Hybrid" to him because of that
I used to read/write some way back when. Not so much anymore. From time to time, I will, though.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks! I'm so glad to know the DG has the issues with Elijah that I do. I really hate the fact the both Elijah and Rebekah seem to forgive Klaus for all the crap he's done and never apologizes to anyone. Shame because I used to LOVE Elijah, now I can't stand him.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Bonnie deserves more, but it's too hard to watch her at time... she's a teenager who cares nothing about her life, feels she has nothing to live for. Believes Elena is her guardian angel, she can't do anything without Elena's approval. She'd die 100 times over to save her friends who wouldn't do the same for her, I just don't get the character at all.
Yes to this whole paragraph. It's hard to be a Bonnie stan sometimes.

And geez, Daniel does not hold back in interviews. I want Kat to be that candid.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyscorpio87 (View Post)
Thanks! I'm so glad to know the DG has the issues with Elijah that I do. I really hate the fact the both Elijah and Rebekah seem to forgive Klaus for all the crap he's done and never apologizes to anyone. Shame because I used to LOVE Elijah, now I can't stand him.
I'm right there with ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)

And geez, Daniel does not hold back in interviews. I want Kat to be that candid.
Bonnie needs more spotlight!!!

And I agree, more actors/actresses need to be that open about their opinions on characters, maybe it would be good for the writers to realize what needs to change
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
If I was Daniel I wouldn't be happy with the direction his character is heading either... he is just a sidekick lately... boring

In TVD my favorites are Stefan, Caroline and Katherine.... but the way you're feeling about Bonnie is how I'm feeling about Caroline, I like her because of the actress, but the character per se is having a lousy development.

My problem with Bonnie is exactly that.... she sacrifices everything for Elena, and when it's the other way around no one is there for her. I would like to see her rebel and say fix your own problems, I'm busy!

100% agree, it's so tiring.
Yeah I'm upset with the Elijah direction... I hope things get better and he stops being all "We gotta save Klaus" all the time, he sure must have amnesia from when he gave up on Klaus on S2 of TVD, and was willing to kill him. lol

These shows with there non consistent writing.

At least Stefan has stayed the same... Katherine as well.
It'd be nice if Stefan could one day tell Elena and Damon to hit rocks one day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyscorpio87 (View Post)
Same for me... well I still love Elijah but everything else I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)

It is, so I'm just not one anymore sadly. I can't defend a character I'm not even sure about anymore, I can only defend Kat.. if someone tries to bash her or something, if someone bashes Bonnie it's really nothing I can say anymore, cause I'd probably agree with it.

I love it!! He's always candid. I would love Kat to do that, I think Kat is the person who's probably always try to praise the show though.