Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

We should but at this point I'm not even sure.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here... you never know with this show anymore. They seem to focus on Elena/Caro.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At this point Elena/Bonnie friendship gets treated the worst on this show. Hands down the most one sided friendship on TVD, and in television history actually...
Old 01-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
At this point Elena/Bonnie friendship gets treated the worst on this show. Hands down the most one sided friendship on TVD, and in television history actually...
Lol yes. It's because the writers don't care about anything but relationships...they only focus on Caro/Elena so they can have drama between them related to the triangle. It sucks because on one hand Bonnie/Elena were great in S1, but on the other, even if they were focused on now it would be as a triangle prop because that's always the case on this show these days. It's like a lose-lose situation.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah pretty much and besides the fact Bonnie is not a fan of Damon anyway she tolerates him for Elena but doesnt like him so again its going to be one sided too.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Lol yes. It's because the writers don't care about anything but relationships...they only focus on Caro/Elena so they can have drama between them related to the triangle. It sucks because on one hand Bonnie/Elena were great in S1, but on the other, even if they were focused on now it would be as a triangle prop because that's always the case on this show these days. It's like a lose-lose situation.
Yeah that's true
Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)

So true and in the end I would fear that Bonnie will become the Delena cheerleader to contrast Caroline or something and tbh I want Bonnie out of this business but then like you said there won't be anything to interact at all because that's all the writers will come up with.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Bonnie is already kind of a Delena shipper. She barely said anything when she found out they kissed back in season 3. When Caroline and Elena are arguing about Delena, Bonnie doesn't say a word. Her silence always bothers me, and adds to the idea that she's totes okay with it. I've always said that Caroline has actively taken over Bonnie's role on the show, and the writers have run with that idea for a long time now. Bonnie doesn't even have a voice anymore, she's more passive than anything. I think the writers really toned down her convictions, some people called it being "judgy", but it added a much needed sense of realism to the show.

Last edited by McQueenFanGirl; 01-08-2014 at 07:11 AM
Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

In no way does she like them together. lol that was clear on their road trip together. just cause she never speaks up about doesn't mean she agrees with it Bonnie just choose to mind her own business unless Elena is hurt by Damon is when she speaks up about her dislike of the relationship.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Her silence always bothers me, and adds tot he idea that she's totes okay with it. I've always said that Caroline has actively taken over Bonnie's role on the show, and the writers have run with that idea for a long time now.
That became clear to me in season 3 ... especially with some of the comments Caroline made. Like in the episodes Bonnie wasn't there. It is like they re-wrote Caro/Elena's friendship because they think that Caroline is more popular than Bonnie and she has become a second female lead (JP even said something like that in an interview)
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
In no way does she like them together. lol that was clear on their road trip together. just cause she never speaks up about doesn't mean she agrees with it Bonnie just choose to mind her own business unless Elena is hurt by Damon is when she speaks up about her dislike of the relationship.
I didn't get the same impression. Bonnie would have spoken up about it. She's never been one to be silent.

Also, Bonnie doesn't need to like them together, but what makes it worse is that she isn't vehemently opposed to it. She gave Elena a few side eyes, but it seemed more for comic relief that anything else. At least that's how the scene played out to me. She was like "OMG, you kissed Damon", lol, no, stop. That's a terrible reaction I really hated that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
That became clear to me in season 3 ... especially with some of the comments Caroline made. Like in the episodes Bonnie wasn't there. It is like they re-wrote Caro/Elena's friendship because they think that Caroline is more popular than Bonnie and she has become a second female lead (JP even said something like that in an interview)

Ugh. Don't even get me started on this. I could go for days talking about it. Bonnie/Elena is my fave friendship, mostly because I feel Kat and Nina have better chemistry with each other. If Bonnie had been the one butting heads with Elena over many issues Caroline was inserted into, it would make more sense. When I see Elena and Caro fight, it just seems so forced. Like when did Caroline even start to know Elena that well? These two didn't even connect until season 2.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
I didn't get the same impression. Bonnie would have spoken up about it. She's never been one to be silent.

Also, Bonnie doesn't need to like them together, but what makes it worse is that she isn't vehemently opposed to it. She gave Elena a few side eyes, but it seemed more for comic relief that anything else. At least that's how the scene played out to me. She was like "OMG, you kissed Damon", lol, no, stop. That's a terrible reaction I really hated that scene.
My question would be why does she need to be "vehemently opposed" it's not like it would make any difference so she choose to just stay out of that mess. Just like she didn't want Elena involved in her relationship with Jeremy with the whole Anna thing.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
My question would be why does she need to be "vehemently opposed" it's not like it would make any difference so she choose to just stay out of that mess. Just like she didn't want Elena involved in her relationship with Jeremy with the whole Anna thing.
Why? Because that's who Bonnie is. That's what she is supposed to do. Speak her mind.

Bonnie didn't want Elena involved in the aftermath because she was trying to move on (that is if you are referring to the episode where they are in Elena's room and Bonnie is on the bed looking at pictures?). Bonnie already knew Elena's stance before that scene anyway, so what difference would it make for her to say something?

The other scene talking about Delena, it just seemed that Bonnie was shrugging it off, as if okay with it. Which makes not a lick of sense. Anyway, like I said, I've long since felt Bonnie doesn't get to express her opinions any more, not since season 1/mid season 2... maybe others have come to accept that, but it still irks me.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Why? Because that's who Bonnie is. That's what she is supposed to do. Speak her mind.

Bonnie didn't want Elena involved in the aftermath because she was trying to move on (that is if you are referring to the episode where they are in Elena's room and Bonnie is on the bed looking at pictures?). Bonnie already knew Elena's stance before that scene anyway, so what difference would it make for her to say something else?

The other scene talking about Delena, it just seemed that Bonnie was shrugging it off, as if okay with it. Which makes not a lick of sense in relation to how Bonnie feels about Damon.
SHe has spoken her mind about it tho

And that's the point with Bonnie not needing to say the same about Damon Elena knows how she feels so what is the point in saying it over and over again?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
SHe has spoken her mind about it tho

And that's the point with Bonnie not needing to say the same about Damon Elena knows how she feels so what is the point in saying it over and over again?
When has Bonnie ever spoken her mind about Delena? I don't remember that.

The point is that this is her best-friend. She knew about Damon's attraction to Elena, but I don't think she ever knew they kissed before, because they never did before that point, right? And clearly it was a reciprocal kiss, meaning Elena feels something for him too. If that isn't a new aspect to whatever Bonnie knew about Delena, then I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Bonnie needs to be ranting freak about this, but she needed to say something more. But anyway, looks like were not going to get an agreement with this, so let's agree to disagree.