Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU/MSW-94 (View Post)
The comment unintentionally ruined the moment from Bonnie's perspective because it made Kai seem as if he were bragging about his previous conquests. Kai said "I'm told I make a mean breakfast" and Bonnie thinks who would tell him that but women he's bedded then made breakfast for afterwards. Kai has been smug about his ability to attract the ladies into closet conquests at these functions. Bonnie probably is thinking he sees her as yet another conquest. He's going to need to show her she's different from the others. Bonnie is very stubborn too so that's gonna be challenging but at least Kai is a patient man. He's gonna need it! Hope this was helpful to you!
thanks for the explanation. It does make sense but I feel there's more to it than meets the eye. I mean, we don't even know that Kai's in the habit of making breakfasts for his conquests... he's more of a closet hookup, 'wham bam thank you mam' kind of guy? and Bonnie knows he sees her as more than that. What came to mind, for me, was that his words had triggered a memory of one of their 'other' selves and that's why she quickly shut everything down. I dunno... poor Kai, though. Bonnie's really getting on my nerves with the way she keeps pushing him away.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doram (View Post)
thanks for the explanation. It does make sense but I feel there's more to it than meets the eye. I mean, we don't even know that Kai's in the habit of making breakfasts for his conquests... he's more of a closet hookup, 'wham bam thank you mam' kind of guy? and Bonnie knows he sees her as more than that. What came to mind, for me, was that his words had triggered a memory of one of their 'other' selves and that's why she quickly shut everything down. I dunno... poor Kai, though. Bonnie's really getting on my nerves with the way she keeps pushing him away.
You made very good points too! It definitely could've triggered a memory from one of their other worlds. I hope we find out more in the next part. I hope Bonnie finally stops fighting the inevitable and just let go with Kai. See where it goes...
Old 07-05-2015, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Has anybody picked up any new Bonkai fics?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:28 AM
New Fan

Yay! New chapter for The Charade.

These are the only new stories I've picked up lately.

Speed Dating, or How I Met My Mismatch - by the same writer of The Charade. It's a standalone based on the Speed dating skit during the Grahamwood panel in Brussels CON.

Long Shadows - by the same writer as Yibbum. it looks like an alternate season 7 where Kai is still alive and sort-of friends with everybody.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the recs doram. Going to check out Long Shadows right now.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:46 AM
New Fan

So I'm squeeing about Long Shadows for a change. It's just the 2nd chapter but I already see it's going to be just as epic as Charade. I like it more than Yibbum.

Who else thinks Bonnie and Kai totally hooked up sometime in the past year? Their reactions to each other practically scream bad break-up! And I think Jo knows, too, because of what she told Bonnie in the first chapter.

Finally... that mental image of Chris Wood and a baby destroyed my ovaries.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Addicted Fan

I haven't read that one yet but I definitely plan to.

Is anyone else reading How much is redemtion? That one is pretty fantastic and rich with complications. I really love how creative the BonKai fans are!!! They feed my thirst for this pairing!!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Charade has been updated!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so behind at the moment. Really looking forward to read all those fics and updates
Old 07-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

The new update for The Charade was posted earlier! It's another awesome update
Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 AM
New Fan

Yes, it was incredible. Can we talk about Kai's question to her? About if she would have given a bad version of him a second chance? And her answer? Also, when is someone going to kill Alanis?
Old 07-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I have to check it out
Old 07-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

The author of 'The Charade' has posted a new BonKai story titled 'Bound' and she's posted the first two chapters already. It's rated 'M' and here's the synopsis she wrote:

Bound
By: pennytree
Witches always float, except in one Virginia town, where Sheila Bennett, dismayed to find her granddaughter starting to sink into a world of vampires, takes desperate measures to protect her own. Meanwhile, the Parker family abomination starts questioning his sanity, fifteen years into his stint in the prison world. Bonnie, Kai-main. Caroline, Elena, Stefan, Matt-supporting. A/N: I've been wanting to do a TVD redux where Bonnie gets to live a life outside of her friends, and where Kai gets a chance, period. Enjoy!
Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that! I checked it out already and I'm getting Sense8 vibes.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Charade has been updated this morning!