Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 11:56 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
It was awesome

I liked how she ended the story of Damon and Stefan. I hope something similar to this happens on the show.
Yes. I would prefer if Damon died alone but this was also great.

Long Shadows updated, too. What did you guys think of the Bonkai scene at the end, the flashback one in her dorm room? That was so hot, and I could see it happening on the show if season 6 hadn't been derailed. Now I feel sad...
Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually only reading Pennytree's BonKai fics.

I had to re-read that last chapter to 'The Charade' three times before I fully grasped that Cannon/BonKai landed in Charade's Universe. I'm hoping Charade/BonKai is there too and Kai's amnesia isn't too damaging
Old 02-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for the next update
Old 02-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Addicted Fan

"Containment" will premier on April 19.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alayne (View Post)
"Containment" will premier on April 19.
Yes! Thank you!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally

Edit:
La'Shon did you ever read the fanfic "Nightmares" because I was reading it and didn't even see that it was finished until now but the author is writing somekind of standalone story in addition to it. If you like you should check both stories out. The author is really good.

Last edited by Regulus-Fan; 02-13-2016 at 11:04 PM
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 AM
New Fan

So I'll just rave about Long Shadows a little here, ok? Now i already really liked this fic, but right now, i'm in love with the rewrite! it's great. it fixes canon. anyone who's been finding bonnie ooc and annoying and too much of a damon-enabler this season, needs to read Long shadows for a palate cleanser. I am in love with this version of Bonnie - she's so smart, and strong, and her own woman. She stayed awayfrom mystic falls for a year and refused every time Damon and co tried to make her help them with their mess. She stands up to Kai , and the Gemini council and calls him out on not helping with the heretics. then I love Kai. He's such an awesome leader, calculating, smart, so many balls in the air with the alliances he's made with the other supernaturals. I love how in love with Bonnie he still is. Like in the last chapter when they're arguing in the kitchen, and what makes him completely lose it...

OK, I'm just going to c&p the whole scene because it's GOLD:

Quote:
Quote:
His Adam's apple bobbed jerkily. There was a desperate longing in his eyes that would have frightened her if she wasn't feeling the exact same thing right now.

"No."

It took a moment for her to understand what he said. Then she drew back sharply.

"W-what?"

He closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, the longing was still there. But it was also mixed with fury. "You really think …" He bit off what he must have been about to say. "I said No, Bonnie. No. Non. Nada. Niente. NO. You can stop trying to manipulate me right now."

Blood rushed to her face. "I… I'm not," she lied.

Kai scoffed again, walked away from her in short angry steps, then turned and marched right up to her. She stepped back in alarm. He looked angry enough to bite.

"You regretted what happened. You made that oh so abundantly clear. A moment of madness, you said. But dangling yourself in front of me, using how I feel…?" He broke off, and his whole body was practically sparking with fury.

She wrapped her bare arms around her body, suddenly feeling vulnerable.

"And for what?" he continued, his voice lethal. "Why are you even involved in this? Weren't you supposed to have closed shop in that town?"

She stared. "How did you know…?"

"Oh, let me guess. Damon broke a nail grappling with a heretic and he called 911 Paramagical – you. So you come rushing back to save the box of tools that you call friends? The same besties that ran off and left you behind at the first sign of trouble at my sister's wedding?"

Bonnie recoiled from the viciousness of his words. "They didn't even know I was there. If they had-"

"They'd what? Stay and fight? For you? Aren't these the same guys who couldn't take a timeout from their 90210 drama long enough to figure out a way to free you from prison?"

With each word he spoke, her hackles rose higher. By the time he was done, her fists were clenching and unclenching at her sides as she imagined using a hex to sew that spiteful mouth shut. "I'm not doing this for them. I'd have thought you of all people would realize that. But hey, I forgot who I was talking to. You don't feel even the iota of responsibility for this, do you?"

His eyes narrowed into slits. "Believe me, I do, Bonnie. I am full aware of the role I played in starting this. So if you're asking if I learnt the hard way not to throw away my good judgment for your sake, then the answer is yes."

Despite her own anger, she flinched. "So you're putting this all on me? How convenient," she asked hoarsely.

She had thought he couldn't get more furious; she was wrong. The pots hanging above rattled as his face darkened. "That. is. just. it. This has nothing to do with you! It never did. Lily Salvatore. The heretics. My coven. It was never your fight, Bonnie. I learnt my own lesson. When will you? How long are you going to keep throwing yourself into battles that aren't your own, to save people who won't do the same for you?"

Oh, that hit. That hit hard. Bile rose in her throat as her own angry magic added to his. "Shut your mouth! You don't know a damn thing about my friends or me."

"Oh yes, I forgot who I was talking to. Loyal Bonnie. Faithful to the end," he said, sneering. "Do you get off on sacrificing yourself, Bonnie?"
He is angrier at her getting in the middle of the heretic war than he was at her using his feelings for her to control him.

Sighs. I wish more people read this story so we could all rave over it more. the writer posts regularly now, every week gets an update so it's almost a "real" episode to replace the nonsense we see on screen these days... Please, please, leave feedback for it if you do read. I need this story to be completed like I need air!

Last edited by doram; 02-19-2016 at 07:00 AM Reason: so many typos...
Old 02-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Finally

Edit:
La'Shon did you ever read the fanfic "Nightmares" because I was reading it and didn't even see that it was finished until now but the author is writing somekind of standalone story in addition to it. If you like you should check both stories out. The author is really good.
No! I will need to check out both fics! I will go and look for them this weekend! thanks for the recommendation
Old 02-20-2016, 02:50 PM
New Fan

Bound was updated yesterday! Please, please, please leave reviews and encourage these wonderful writers who share their time and creativity with us complete free!
Old 02-21-2016, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all those news. I'm always so busy over the weekend. I hope I will find some time to read the updates tomorrow.

Hope you like the fics La'Shon!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

'The Charade' was updated today!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news. It still couldn't really read it because I had vacation the past few days. I will try to do it now that I'm back. How did you like it?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the news. It still couldn't really read it because I had vacation the past few days. I will try to do it now that I'm back. How did you like it?
I liked it! I have no clue where the storyline is going now that Canon BonKai are now in The Charade's Universe! I'm preparing myself for angst since CKai doesn't remember CBonnie
Old 03-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

^For sure.
But at the moment I'm more interested in what is going to happen with canon!Bonkai tbh. Because I love that the author put in those two in the mix.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read some of the comments from people reading The Charade are saying Canon Bonnie needs to earn Canon Kai's trust before anything more should happen b/w them.