Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Absolute Fan

The previews for the next episode look great! That's all I can say. She can go HAM on all of them as far as I am concerned. I only wish Elena and Kai were already to catch it. Oh and I wish Matt was an vampire too.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.

Last edited by venusnv80; 04-29-2016 at 06:10 PM
Old 04-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

WOW The preview for the next episode looked incredible!

Now here goes the review I left on the TVD board...

Ienjoyed the episode!

I can say one thing for sure, hate her or love her, without her most of these characters would be dead with all the times she's risked herself to save them so to finally see an episode where everyone pairs up to save Bonnie was really long over due.

I loved the Damon and Bonnie phone conversation, he didn't care if she hated him forever as long as she lives. Also, I loved Damon not accepting Bonnie's forgiveness because it wasn't real. She just did it because she assumed that everyone would fail.

The Bonnie and Enzo scenes actually got to me more this week than it was last episode. I just loved how much Bonnie wanted to be happy. She just wanted to be with him in her last moments instead of them being miles apart. Nice to see how lovely their relationship has gotten written. Another thing Bonnie deserves, a good written romance.

Also, it's great to know the real reason behind Matt's anger. Matt fell in love with a police officer Penny, and even got engaged with her. He was compelled by Stefan to forget how and when she died.
Also this is the first time I ever remember anyone compelling someone to remember something on this show.... well then again I think it happened in the Stefan, Klaus and Rebekah storyline so I take that back. lol
The way it happened though was awesome.

Of course Damon staying true to character with not allowing someone he loves to just waste away their last days without trying to do something, even if it's not the best thing.

I don't know why but anytime I see Alaric/Caroline scenes, I think about the fact that Caroline and Elena were BFF and Alaric was like a father figure to Elena.

"Was it selfish for me not to want my best friend to die? You bet it was."
I actually agreed with Damon during that speech because come on, Enzo would do the same thing. He's a Mini!Damon so Enzo please take a few seats down.
Also, that whole scene between Damon/Enzo in the end was just great because if Damon wasn't around, Enzo would've probably forced Bonnie to do anything to stay alive, even if she didn't like it so she would've hated what he did... however, since she already "hates" Damon right now, Damon can deal with it.

I love that Caroline is making the famous get well soon soup for Bonnie and Bonnie admitted to that soup being awful.

Amazing how Stefan/Caroline and Bonnie/Damon relationships parallels each other's right now. Caroline and Bonnie before having a tough time forgiven the ones who abandoned them.

I loved Rayna description of how miserable living seven lifetimes actually is. And of course that not so shocking ending was incredible
I can't wait for the next episode.
Best TVD has been in a long time.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you I enjoyed the episode but I liked the episode before that more.
In this one Bonnie wasn't so active but I loved that she trapped Alex and the people in that house. In the end this thing in the vault will get out anyways but I thought it was good that she trapped them in there.
The idea of the thing being inside sucking away your compassion would be more interesting though if we haven'T seen this with the vampires and their switch already. Then it would be more threatening.
I hope there is more to it than that. Reminded me also a little bit of Silas and what he did with the people who came to the tomb there in season 4.

The stuff with Matt doesn't interest me at all ... his story is just so bla and sorry but I never really cared for Penny so that romance left me feeling nothing

I knew that Rayna would do something like that, it was very obvious that Bonnie would have to take over her burden together with her last life.
I guess it is going to be interesting to see this play out in the next episodes. I hope Bonnie will be really active next week.

I loved the Bonnie/Enzo scenes and I can see why Bonnie wanted him there. I didn't feel so much that she was giving up everything she just wanted to be with the person she loved and not alone lying at home. That's why I didn't feel it being so much regressed. It is very relatable.

I still wonder if Bonnie knows that Virginia killed Lucy because I don't think she would have talked with her in that way if she knew.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you, 7x19 was way better than this one, but I'm happy I can't wait for the next episode because it's been awhile since I've felt that way about TVD.

Agree on Bonnie/Enzo and wonder about the Lucy thing. Probably Bonnie doesn't know...
Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you, I'm really looking forward to see next episode. The promo looks awesome but it is always misleading
Old 05-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

7x21 - Requiem For A Dream - May 6th

PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II

Quote:
THE PLAN TO SAVE BONNIE TAKES AN UNEXPECTED TURN IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY PAUL WESLEY — When Damon's risky attempt to save Bonnie takes an unexpected turn, the consequences of his actions forces everyone to band together to help her pull through. Meanwhile, when a new threat leaves Caroline's life in jeopardy, Stefan makes a rash decision that ultimately forces them to face the fallout from their relationship. Elsewhere, Enzo tries to hold it together as he painfully watch Bonnie in the fight of her life, while Matt takes matters into his own hands to save one of his closest friends. Alaric also appears.

Written by Brett Matthews & Neil Reynolds
Directed by Paul Wesley
Promo:
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh this episode is directed by Paul Wesley. Interesting.
I can't wait for this episode because of how great the promo looks.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh this episode is directed by Paul Wesley. Interesting.
I can't wait for this episode because of how great the promo looks.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that is the second episode he is directing this season.
I wonder if he will ever write an episode

The promo really makes it look like an amazing episode.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My review on the TVD board

Dang Bonnie literally drink a Bourbon new beginnings. WTF! Oh that was just a dream.... Thank goodness because that just looked scary. She just put Enzo in the flames and chopped of Caroline's head. lol

I actually loved Stefan not be anxious to seeing a Huntress in Bonnie waking up. lol

"I was her best friend before I was a vampire." Don't know why but when Caroline said the quote it hurt even though it's true. Bonnie/Caroline were best friends before Caroline turned to a vampire. Caroline might consider Bonnie her best friend but I think for Bonnie the recent best friend was Damon.
I don't think the quote was intended to be that way but still. lol

So the plan for Bonnie is to delve into her subconscious and convince her not all vampires are evil and are needed to be attacked.

Nice to also remember Caroline is former teacher in Alaric. lol

My goodness Bonnie's subconscious is a vampire hunter zone.
That scene with Caroline and Bonnie started out tough and then got so sweet and then got so scary. So sad that she stabbed Caroline in the dreams.

Now Caroline is marked so that first person Bonnie will attack when she awake is Caroline.

Bonnie was really like Buffy the Vampire Slayer during her scenes with Enzo in the subconscious. lol
I loved their scenes of Bonnie back at Mystic Falls High!
"I have always wanted to be loved by someone in the way that you loved me."

As a Bonnie fan, it is so beautiful to see Bonnie be truly loved.

I loved that Stefan change of respecting his love interest decision. With Elena, he listened to her and allowed Elena to make the choice of him saving Matt's life over her and with Caroline, he wants to take the choice out of her hand.

I liked the Stefan and Damon phone scene! Also Stefan telling Damon how terrible his bad advice. lol

I want to know what's in Damon's letter. The suspense most be for something.
Damon was smart, he knew exactly the words that will trigger Bonnie to come after him and awake! She was pissed off, she just ripped his heart out in the subconscious, the way he planned.

I loved Stefan explaining why he made the decision he made three years ago. I don't care much for their romantic relationship but I did love their scenes here.
My goodness does their relationship parallels to Bamon's right now.

I love that we finally get to see Caroline's love for Bonnie again.

Finally a Matt/Bonnie scene again! Aww nice that she brought Matt his first football.
Sadly I did know that Matt didn't officially get through to her. Smart for Matt that he knew he didn't completely get through to her as well.

This Bonnie hatred for Damon was awesome! The reason is because I feel it was sort of justified.
Aww poor Caroline having to say goodbye to her girls.

I loved that Damon and Bonnie scene at the memorial so much. It just shows that their relationship has the most progress.
Damon didn't get through to Bonnie though so saved by Matt! Of course Matt unsuccessfully got Bonnie away. lol Let the hunt begin.
It was a Bonnie centric episode so of course I was happy throughout it.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I'm so lost I have no idea what's going on anymore
Old 05-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the detailed review Tia, I'm going to post mine later. Have to think about the episode a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Old 05-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
You haven't been following TVD it seems?

Kat, no problemo.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have many thoughts about this episode in general, I really loved the Bonnie focus and I enjoyed the scenes in her head. It was interesting but also sad to see her memories being re-programmed because of the hunters curse. For example with that scene at Mystic Falls High.

I liked the ending scene with the music ... lol it was a bit over the top but it looked cool with the aftermath of what happened in the house with those Armory people, I wonder if Alex survived.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

7x22 - Gods & Monsters - May 13th

PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II | SNEAK PEEK I |

Quote:
THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE — Despite their best efforts to help Bonnie (Kat Graham) through the harrowing predicament she now faces, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Caroline (Candice King) realize their options are running out and drastic measures need to be taken. With their only chance of saving their friend lying inside the Armory, Stefan (Paul Wesley) breaks the news to Caroline that they may need help from an unlikely source – her and Alaric’s twin daughters. Elsewhere, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) keeps Bonnie preoccupied by bringing her back to their cabin but when his plan takes an unexpected turn, it’ll be up to Damon to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his closest friends. Zach Roerig also stars.
Written by Brian Young
Directed by Michael Allowitz
Promo: