Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
Welcome Daisy *waves* I'd recommend you watch Emily on Brothers and Sisters but that show kind of ruined her towards the end. I do agree she is very talented as an actress.
I recommend Everwood, can't really recomment B&S, cos what they did with Emily's character and what they did not do for that character, that made me really angry. Season 4 was I think the best season for her character, Emily had a lot of scenes, though it was nothing special it was nice to watch and Emily could show a bit of her great talent. But in season 2-3 she was only there to be there and how she entered the show was problematic, I like it, but from my current point of view, I'm not sure if I still like it.

Welcome to all the new Emily fans, great that you like her on Revenge, she's finally there where she deserves to be, she's so talented, she always says there are pinch me moments for her because of Revenge, I have them myself, often I can't believe how mean and evil she acts on screen, if she doesn't get at least nominated, it would be an insult, she's playing a 2-faced character, she's going thru several emotions every episode, she's totally convincable in that role and she has to carry the show, cos she's the lead character.

I just watched the promo for next years episode (why didn't I?) and I was like and - had seen some stills but to see it on video was great, you have to hold your breath! I hope it is as good as the video says, then it can be a great episode.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

What do you guys think about the Golden Globe nomination of Madeleine Stowe over Emily VanCamp? I think it's unfair, though I like Victoria a lot and Madeleine plays her really ice cold, Emily has a lot more work to do, but awards mean nothing, if you read through the nominations you see the people who chose most of the shows have no idea and watched only a couple of shows.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

While i`m happy for Madeleine that she got the Golden Globe nomination, i`m pretty disappointed that Emily didn`t get one. Like you said earlier, she has a lot more work to do, having to play two characters. Hopefully we`ll get to see Emily get some nominations soon, because her outstanding performances are too great not to get some awards nomination.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
While i`m happy for Madeleine that she got the Golden Globe nomination, i`m pretty disappointed that Emily didn`t get one. Like you said earlier, she has a lot more work to do, having to play two characters. Hopefully we`ll get to see Emily get some nominations soon, because her outstanding performances are too great not to get some awards nomination.
I am sure she will have more luck next year (maybe with the Emmys)
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy for Madeline, but I wish that Emily got a nod as well.

I feel like she has two roles to do. She plays the icy tough as nails Emily Thorne yet you can see the sweet innocent Amanda Clarke peeking through sometimes thanks to EVC's excellent potrayl of her.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope she gets a mod at some stage, she does such a fantastic job.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

add me, please
Old 12-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I totally agree! Madeline deserved the Nom but Emily deserved one too.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`ve just added you to the list. We`re glad to have you on the team.

Also here are some gifs from the now classic birthday scene to get us ready for Wednesday`s new episode.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Great animations!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Add me!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Amazing gifs. I feel really sad to see that part and celebrate her birthday on her own technically because apart from Nolan, she's the only one who knows.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`ve just added you to the list Maurice. Glad to have aboard on Team Emily.

Also i`m glad that you love those gifs from the classic birthday scene Lindsay. Like i`ve said before, that scene perfectly illustrates Amanda`s loneliness in her life.

Lastly here are a couple of gifs from the promo.

Emily looks so badass with that gun. Hopefully we`ll get to see her it on someone soon, preferably Tyler.

OMFG! Now i want Emily as a birthday present.

Source
Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Love Emily on this show. She's always so sweet and smily that no one suspects anything of her. But it's also so sweet that you can't help suspect her.