Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Control {3.05} Episode Discussion | Original Air Date October 27, 2013

Control {3.05} - Episode Discussion

Sunday, October 27, 2013 9/8c on ABC

r e v e n g e

JACK FINDS HIMSELF IN THE CROSSHAIRS AGAIN, ON ABC’S “REVENGE”

“Control” – Emily may be losing hold of her plan, and her groom, when Daniel makes a startling statement at the Voulez magazine launch party, leaving her vulnerable and ready to do whatever it takes. And Jack is forced to make a difficult decision for the sake of his family after he finds himself in a new enemy’s crosshairs, on “Revenge,” SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Revenge” stars Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne, Madeleine Stowe as Victoria Grayson, Henry Czerny as Conrad Grayson, Josh Bowman as Daniel Grayson, Nick Wechsler as Jack Porter, Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross, Christa B. Allen as Charlotte Clarke and Barry Sloane as Aiden Mathis.

Guest starring Justin Hartley as Patrick Osbourne and Karine Vanasse as Margaux LeMarchal.

“Control” was written by Ted Sullivan and directed by Allison Liddi-Brown.

“Revenge” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

For more information on “Revenge,” visit ABC.com/Revenge.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think this season will be the last one for Revenge. This show is no longer the one I used to enjoy and wait for every week with no passions.

This episode was just ok. Emily is no longer control everything and this is the part I don't like. I used to enjoy watching Emily getting everything done the way she needed with no issues, and now that... she cannot even control Aiden and she even had no clue what he is doing (about blaming Jack). I don't see any real feelind for Aiden and seems like she kissed him because she felt lonely after seing Jack with Margo (don't like Margo and her story line).

Charlotte took a blame for something serious like that just because Voctoria asked her to do so?! I am not going to be suprised Victoria made Patrick do it or even used his code to get the entry.

Patrick and Nolan. I liked Nolan before this season. He was so great and funny and SMART and now this?!? And he is not even sharing anything with Emily! Didn't he learn with Padma (sp?) that he is better to keep Emily up to date on everything?

I still hate Patrick. I am not getting it how he just let Victoria get to his life after what she has done?! And the way he became a part of the whole story line... Weird feelings.

Something doesn't feel right about this show after this episode
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Good episode. Shocking, but good!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was a good ep, was shocked on who tried to Conrad
Patrick and Nolan, so cute, loving them
Can't wait for next week
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
I think this season will be the last one for Revenge. This show is no longer the one I used to enjoy and wait for every week with no passions.

This episode was just ok. Emily is no longer control everything and this is the part I don't like. I used to enjoy watching Emily getting everything done the way she needed with no issues, and now that... she cannot even control Aiden and she even had no clue what he is doing (about blaming Jack). I don't see any real feelind for Aiden and seems like she kissed him because she felt lonely after seing Jack with Margo (don't like Margo and her story line).

Charlotte took a blame for something serious like that just because Voctoria asked her to do so?! I am not going to be suprised Victoria made Patrick do it or even used his code to get the entry.

Patrick and Nolan. I liked Nolan before this season. He was so great and funny and SMART and now this?!? And he is not even sharing anything with Emily! Didn't he learn with Padma (sp?) that he is better to keep Emily up to date on everything?

I still hate Patrick. I am not getting it how he just let Victoria get to his life after what she has done?! And the way he became a part of the whole story line... Weird feelings.

Something doesn't feel right about this show after this episode
I still think Victoria is the Hampton's killer.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked Ep 5, there were some nice twists and surprises.

While Aiden wants Jack gone for his own reasons he used that to engratiate himself with Conrad - in Ep4 Conrad says he's now back as master of the house, so Aiden knew his days were numbered and he needed to stay at GM for Emily, so he conveniently put Jack in the frame. But he warns him off and not too difficlut for Em to find out what he did, when Jack tells her of his 'tall' visitor - LOL!

Vicky is a clever fox she picked up from Charlotte that Emily spends time at the Stowaway so win win - feed Emily the story that Conrad is after him and watch her react by sending Aiden to spy, which lead to an Aimily row, when he saw her rush round. How those two love a bit of heated discussion. Emily cleary stated she need to protect Jack as she feels guilty.

I think the scene with Jack & Emily in the bar underlined her frustration with him and his inability to understand her - with Aiden she has nothing but support. So when Nolan strategises about how she should be with Daniel to win him round - give of herself because a partner can sense when you are being fake, she actually uses this. With Aiden I believe she was being real, with Daniel we know she was being fake.

I think in this episode they did define her relationships - cant stand Daniel, needs to protect/look out for Jack and feels Aiden is everything to her.

Nolan is so going to fall hard for Patrick, who apparently is the Hamptons Killer !!!

On the negative side, I do wish the wedding was soon, like in the next few eps, it's all getting strung out.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve77
I think the scene with Jack & Emily in the bar underlined her frustration with him and his inability to understand her - with Aiden she has nothing but support. So when Nolan strategises about how she should be with Daniel to win him round - give of herself because a partner can sense when you are being fake, she actually uses this. With Aiden I believe she was being real, with Daniel we know she was being fake.

I think in this episode they did define her relationships - cant stand Daniel, needs to protect/look out for Jack and feels Aiden is everything to her.
One technique they have consistently use to show when Emily, any other character for that matter, is not being sincere in their actions is lingering shots of the character's face. When Emily took Nolan's advice and shared some truth w/Daniel it was total manipulation and that lingering shot of her face as he hugged her revealed it all. It was a I-will-have-my-revenge look. OTOH when she told Aiden he was everything to her they ended the scene w/them kissing. I believe she means. Also noticed they didn't really let us see Emily's reaction to Jack & Margaux. I couldn't gauge what she was feeling because it was a quick edit but it appeared to me that she had a smile on her face.

I do know she's not helping her situation with Jack. The man just had to deal w/Aiden intruding in his house and now she breaks in and steals a photo to continue her plans. I think I would have preferred him catching her as oppose to the Jack & Margaux scene, causing him to be even more disillusioned by her.

Actually surprised w/Ems declaring she couldn't stand Daniel. No going back from that.

Emily, Victoria, and Charlotte at the bridal shop was too much. LOL! Emily downing that champagne to get through it all. Vicky & Charlotte gossiping like schoolgirls.

Last edited by MsDeme70; 10-28-2013 at 06:59 PM
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Aiden's gotta go! I can't put into words how much I despise him. They keep forcing him and they keep forcing Aiden and Emily together when they have zero chemistry as a couple. I'll never understand the "You are everything to me" line. That was the most out of character Emily has ever been. Do the writers really believe that anyone would ever buy that?

I mean really, she's aways protecting Jack. Always talking about Jack, her entire world revolves around Jack. next minute - "You are everything to me" Aiden. *huge le sigh*

Also their kiss made me want to vomit.

ps. I'm also not a fan of the whole Nolan/Patrick forced relationship either.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerFan (View Post)
Aiden's gotta go! I can't put into words how much I despise him. They keep forcing him and they keep forcing Aiden and Emily together when they have zero chemistry as a couple. I'll never understand the "You are everything to me" line. That was the most out of character Emily has ever been. Do the writers really believe that anyone would ever buy that?

I mean really, she's aways protecting Jack. Always talking about Jack, her entire world revolves around Jack. next minute - "You are everything to me" Aiden. *huge le sigh*

Also their kiss made me want to vomit.

ps. I'm also not a fan of the whole Nolan/Patrick forced relationship either.
Yes she's always protecting Jack - she feels guilty and obligated. With Aiden she knows he's there for her, they have a deep history and she realised she wasn't treating him fairly or being honest - as you do with people you love, take them for granted.

You may want Aiden gone because he's a real challenge to Jemily endgame but to dismiss him is being a bit blinkered - IMHO

Ep5 clarified Emily's feelings for her men - gamechanger!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know if the "you're everything to me" is real or not. What I expected to see was Emily to choose someone (as EVC said in interviews) but what I saw wasn't a real choice between 2 men. Imo Emily didn't choose to be with Aiden and not with Jack. She chose Aiden bc for now she can't have Jack. In the first ep they kissed (and we have to remember Emily said she loved him once, just to Jack) and Jack turned her down. I have no doubt that if Jack would have forgiven her she'd be with him now. Maybe now she's glad to see him happy with someone else I don't know, but the scene with Aiden was a little force to me, even if it was a hot kiss. Aiden&Emily realationship has always been hot, I can see it they have a sexual chemistry but when I look at her face I don't see a woman in love, I just see lust. So I think the endgame is still Jack. But from now on everything can change of course, 'cause I saw some spoiler pics and in those
Spoiler:

As for Daniel there's the confirmation she can't even stand him. The last scene with him was emotional but I can't understand why she is always so bad with him. No need to use him that way knowing that he is deeply in love. Sorry but she is really a b**** I always thought that and now more than ever.
I like Patrick and Nolan together. Even if he's the Hamptons killer I don't see Patrick as a bad guy and I hope Nolan will not be hurted again.
I have to say I didn't like this ep so much. They're still far from season 1.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM
New Fan

Did anyone think about the fact Emily gave Daniel a pic for him to ultimately use in the magazine for his wedding? Maybe just a small thing they won't revisit
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Like mother, like daughter. Victoria and Charlotte plotting against Conrad with who really tried to kill him. Love that Charlotte did it to protect Jack and not for some evil plot. Patrick doing it though... saw that coming though
Old 10-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see Emily as being a b**** because she can't stand being around Daniel. Daniel had a chance to tell the world that although David is dead he did not a die a terrorist that killed hundreds of people. He proved he was Conrad's son when he stood by his family's lies and in that moment he killed what ever love Emily could ever have for him. Daniel knew that Conrad framed an innocent man and destroyed his family yet instead of choosing to do the right thing he chose to do the cowardly thing. I could understand why Emily can't stand to be around him

I saw the Patrick thing coming a mile away too. I just hope that Nolan doesn't get hurt through his relationship with him.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
I don't see Emily as being a b**** because she can't stand being around Daniel. Daniel had a chance to tell the world that although David is dead he did not a die a terrorist that killed hundreds of people. He proved he was Conrad's son when he stood by his family's lies and in that moment he killed what ever love Emily could ever have for him. Daniel knew that Conrad framed an innocent man and destroyed his family yet instead of choosing to do the right thing he chose to do the cowardly thing. I could understand why Emily can't stand to be around him

I saw the Patrick thing coming a mile away too. I just hope that Nolan doesn't get hurt through his relationship with him.
I haven't said she is a b*** because she can't stand a guy, she is a b **** and a w**** (as EVC said in interviews) because she's using a guy in love with her and because she sleeps with 2 men at the same time while being in love with another one and of course kissed him too. Nobody forces her to be with Daniel if she can't stand her. She can use another way to destroy a family.
As for Daniel he might not have made a good decision in season 1, even though send a parent in prison is an hard thing to do. He's not such a bad guy as everybody keep saying. And he dispises his parents as much as Charlotte does. Btw Charlotte knows the truth now. She decides to tell the truth? Not at all.