Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyfriend & Prettygirl <3 (View Post)
Omg! YES! That has to happen! He needs to know to. I just finished re-watching season 1. And having Emily sooo close to telling Jack everything - including telling him of how much she loves him , only to have preggers fakeAmanda thrown in her face, just killed me You could so clearly see the pain in both Emily and Jack's eyes
That scene just kills me. Especially the way NW's eyes change so subtly when Jack looks over at Emily. In that one expression, Jack says so much to her that he can't say in front of Fauxmanda. Great acting.

Quote:
I want that too! Cus the thruth is, Jack only loved her because he thought she was the real Amanda. I remember before Carl was born in season 2, that he was MISERABLE and NOT in love her! He was ready to leave her (romantically) but help with the baby if I remember corectly.. So I have no doubt that had he known the truth about her and Emily, he never would have married her even if they had a baby together... Even in season 1 , you can see that Jack can't let go of Emily even if he has "Amanda" there with him!!
Exactly. I just re-watched early S2, and he was pretty upset, sleeping on the boat and avoiding her. Things got a little better after the paternity test confirmed he was the father, but then she got closer to the Graysons and he blew up at her for lying to him and said he'd commit to the baby, but not to her. Then after she fell at the Graysons, Jack felt incredibly guilty and they got back together.

What's striking about Jack/Fauxmanda versus Jack/Emily is that Jack's feelings for Fauxmanda were always driven by something else -- first by Emily's rejection, then by the fact that she said she was Amanda, then by her pregnancy, then by his feelings of guilt.

But Jack's feelings for Emily have always been purely about Emily -- his attraction toward her, the connection between them, and the love she inspired in him even when they were both with other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzi (View Post)
I shouted at my screen so much when I saw Fauxmanda had returned
I'll never forget watching that moment for the first time and feeling punched in the gut. Dramatically, it was a great twist, but it was awful to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengefan@07 (View Post)
love all the Season 4 Wishlist
If you think of anything you want to see, let me know so I can add it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
I love the idea of Emily getting drunk it could be hilarious. But more so the idea of her doing all the things she was restricted from doing whilst under the guise of Emily Thorne one of things I am looking forward to seeing this season is what Emily is like as a normal girl without the revenge agenda.
I hadn't thought much about it before, but it really would be so nice to watch her doing things and enjoying things that don't have an ulterior motive attached to them.

Quote:
Jack HAS to find out that Emily was willing to give it up for him I mean that is everything maybe he will find out and it will encourage him to finally confess his love for her. It has to be brought up eventually it's too important.
I feel like it could go either one of two ways -- either the writers have totally forgotten that Jack doesn't know about it (which would suck), or they do remember and are planning to make it a major turning point. I think you're right that it would encourage Jack to say something to Emily.

You know what would be good, actually? If we got a conversation where Jack tells Nolan he doesn't think Emily was ever in love with him the way she was with Aiden, and Nolan's like, "Are you kidding? Aiden asked her so many times to give up her revenge and she refused. The only one she was ever willing to give it up for was you."

That works for me because it kills quite a few birds with one stone.

Quote:
Great list so far here's another Jack gets jealous of Em and her new man and Emily gets jealous of Jack and anyone (doesn't matter who, some random perhaps, she just needs to get jealous) leading to serious tension between the two.
I'm adding those!

Quote:
Season 4 Wishlist
* Emily eyeing up a shirtless Jack
* Nolan realizing/saying that Jack is still in love with Emily
* Emily and Jack talking about their childhood memories together in front of a fireplace
* Jack comforting a crying Emily
* Emily getting drunk on the Stowaway in front of Jack, and spilling some details about her feelings for him
* Jack and Emily dancing together
* Jack checking Emily out in a minidress
* Jack learning that Emily was ready to give up her revenge for him in S1
* Jack gets jealous of Em and her new man
* Emily gets jealous of Jack and anyone

Last edited by northboundtrain; 07-29-2014 at 09:02 AM
Old 07-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
That scene just kills me. Especially the way NW's eyes change so subtly when Jack looks over at Emily. In that one expression, Jack says so much to her that he can't say in front of Fauxmanda. Great acting.
NW and EVC has such GREAT chemistry!!

Quote:
What's striking about Jack/Fauxmanda versus Jack/Emily is that Jack's feelings for Fauxmanda were always driven by something else -- first by Emily's rejection, then by the fact that she said she was Amanda, then by her pregnancy, then by his feelings of guilt.
But Jack's feelings for Emily have always been purely about Emily -- his attraction toward her, the connection between them, and the love she inspired in him even when they were both with other people
Yes, it's not hard to see where he's heart truly lies!

Quote:
You know what would be good, actually? If we got a conversation where Jack tells Nolan he doesn't think Emily was ever in love with him the way she was with Aiden, and Nolan's like, "Are you kidding? Aiden asked her so many times to give up her revenge and she refused. The only one she was ever willing to give it up for was you."
I would loove if something like that happens. I wonder what Jack's reaction will be like. Does he go straight to Emily to confront her, or would he take some time to think about it..

Btw. Do you guys think it is too much to hope for a new Jemily kiss this season? It is problaby not the first thing that happens, but maybe near the season finale or the finale..
So I have a new wish: Emily confessing to Jack that she loves him, and they kiss (season finale)
Old 07-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I would loove if something like that happens. I wonder what Jack's reaction will be like. Does he go straight to Emily to confront her, or would he take some time to think about it..
Ooh, I don't know...I could see him doing either one. I think a lot depends on whether or not she's single when he does find out. If she's single, I could see him going straight to her. But if she's with someone, he might hold onto the information and try to figure out how best to talk to her about it.

Quote:
Btw. Do you guys think it is too much to hope for a new Jemily kiss this season? It is problaby not the first thing that happens, but maybe near the season finale or the finale..
So I have a new wish: Emily confessing to Jack that she loves him, and they kiss (season finale)
If we knew this was going to be the final season, I'd say our chances were close to 100%. But now with all this talk about additional seasons, I'm not sure, because the writers seem so determined to put it off.

The thing is, while I know the writers probably think it would be hard to put them together and lose the "will they/won't they" suspense that's been such a hook for the show, eventually it's going to become just as hard to keep coming up with good reasons for them to be apart.

So...I still think the chances are good for another kiss. But I also wouldn't be surprised if after it happens, they don't get together immediately.

Maybe adding it to the list will up our chances?

Quote:
Season 4 Wishlist
* Emily and Jack talking about their childhood memories together in front of a fireplace
* Emily getting drunk on the Stowaway in front of Jack, and spilling some details about her feelings for him
* Emily confessing to Jack that she loves him, and they kiss (season finale)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That scene was heartbreaking. I've never felt for Emily as much as I did in that moment. We've seen her crying and distressed but it's when she emotes using only her eyes that she is her most powerful, she looked absolutely devastated.

Quote:

But Jack's feelings for Emily have always been purely about Emily -- his attraction toward her, the connection between them, and the love she inspired in him even when they were both with other people.

That is a great analogy in fact I'd love it if Jack expressed this himself perhaps when he finally tells Emily how he feels.

Quote:
I feel like it could go either one of two ways -- either the writers have totally forgotten that Jack doesn't know about it (which would suck), or they do remember and are planning to make it a major turning point. I think you're right that it would encourage Jack to say something to Emily.

That works for me because it kills quite a few birds with one stone.

This would be a good way to remind people just how much Jack means to Emily and to hit the point home it was ALWAYS Jack.

Regarding the likelihood of a kiss this season if it's the last I would say almost definite if not I still think there is a good chance but not until the end of the season and like you said northbound I don't necessarily think it would lead to them getting together at least not straight away as the writers seem to want to drag it out as long as possible although I agree it will get to the point where it's like how much longer can they keep them apart.

Another wish for the list more scenes where we catch Emily just staring at Jack she used to do it all the time in S1 and I remember a particular moment in S2 in the episode 'Masquerade'.

Oh, and also scenes like in S3 Ep 4 'Mercy' at the scrapyard where they were really close and there was this 'moment' where it was like they could have kissed and there was heat! More moments like that!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
That scene was heartbreaking. I've never felt for Emily as much as I did in that moment. We've seen her crying and distressed but it's when she emotes using only her eyes that she is her most powerful, she looked absolutely devastated.
I know, it was awful to watch. And I'd forgotten until I re-watched about the scene where she went back to the beach-house and just stared at the Infinity Box in front of the fire. In the space of a few hours, she'd gone from totally elated to totally devastated.

Quote:
That is a great analogy in fact I'd love it if Jack expressed this himself perhaps when he finally tells Emily how he feels.
That would be so great!

Quote:
This would be a good way to remind people just how much Jack means to Emily and to hit the point home it was ALWAYS Jack.
Exactly! The writers have said that they want to make sure they honor Aiden's memory, and I get that because the guy has fans, but Emily's love for Jack is part of the foundation on which the show was built. If the writers know how important Jack/Emily is to the audience (as they've said they do), it doesn't really serve their interests to leave behind the lingering idea that Jack is somehow the runner-up.

Which is why I think/hope they'll spend S4 establishing that while Emily was certainly the great love of Aiden's life, he wasn't necessarily the best match for her after her revenge was completed -- because she's really Amanda Clarke, and Amanda Clarke's heart will always be with Jack Porter (which I think Aiden knew, but was trying to ignore).

Quote:
Another wish for the list more scenes where we catch Emily just staring at Jack she used to do it all the time in S1 and I remember a particular moment in S2 in the episode 'Masquerade'.
I just watched that scene recently -- she had such a hard time taking her eyes off of him, even when Daniel was there.

Quote:
Oh, and also scenes like in S3 Ep 4 'Mercy' at the scrapyard where they were really close and there was this 'moment' where it was like they could have kissed and there was heat! More moments like that!
I loved that moment.

Adding both to the list:

Quote:
Season 4 Wishlist
* Emily unable to stop staring at Jack, as in S2's "Masquerade"
* Jack and Emily standing close together and almost kissing, as in S3's "Mercy"
Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I loved that scrapyard moment too
I'm in love and always will be
Old 07-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Me to so maybe we should add "Emily and Jack going on more missions together"? and maybe "Jack telling Emily about he's feelings for fakeAmanda compared to he's feelings for her" (or something like that) ?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me to so maybe we should add "Emily and Jack going on more missions together"? and maybe "Jack telling Emily about he's feelings for fakeAmanda compared to he's feelings for her" (or something like that) ?
I would love to see them be more active together. What do you think their new mission will be now that Emily has gotten revenge?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Added!

Quote:
Season 4 Wishlist
* Emily unable to stop staring at Jack, as in S2's "Masquerade"
* Jack and Emily standing close together and almost kissing, as in S3's "Mercy"
* Emily and Jack going on missions together
* Jack telling Emily how his feelings for her differ from his feelings for Fauxmanda
Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 07-31-2014, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I would love to see them be more active together. What do you think their new mission will be now that Emily has gotten revenge?
Hmmmm.... I would think that when she learns that her father is alive, she's problaby gonna do some reserch etc. on what really happend to him? And when she learns that Jack has a new friend, who's also a cop... I can totally see her doing a full background check on him Maybe she has installed a camera in Victoria's room in the mental institution, so she can keep an eye on her?
Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmmmm.... I would think that when she learns that her father is alive, she's problaby gonna do some reserch etc. on what really happend to him? And when she learns that Jack has a new friend, who's also a cop... I can totally see her doing a full background check on him Maybe she has installed a camera in Victoria's room in the mental institution, so she can keep an eye on her?
That can be fun. I wonder how she finds out about David. It would be interesting if Jack found out first.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 08-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe we're losing this board. I guess we have to move over to the Couples board now or something? Is there already a thread there? Or can we have this one moved?

Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread