Old 04-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I don't mind her, I just don't like her with Jack, obviously
Old 04-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Despite wanting them to end to get to Jack/Emily, I didn't mind Margaux, or her relationship with Jack. But that's changed in the past couple episodes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Love that pic the way Nick is looking at her and touching her He obviously thinks a lot of EVC (you can tell when he talks about her in interviews).
Spoiler:
Discuss away
Hm.

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Look at us already on page 5.

SVM (camerawoman for Revenge) was asked about her favorite couple on the show and she named Jack/Emily. Now if only she'd post some more pics of them! I asked, so we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNamikoLoveXx (View Post)
Is it bad that I never liked Margaux?!
No, it's not bad! I didn't mind her for most of the season -- I used to watch Pan-Am and knew the actress from there.

My biggest problem was that the Jack/Margaux relationship never really made much sense to me. The only benefit I could see was that it helped provide Jack with some much-needed happiness at a time when he was so angry and bitter about Emily's lies.

But she's been very career-driven from the start, so it doesn't surprise me at all that she's started pushing Jack away to focus on taking over her father's media empire. My hope was that when the relationship ended it didn't end in a spectacularly ugly way, and I think we've gotten that. I don't see Margaux ever wishing harm on Jack or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
BTW, NBT, great recap.
Thanks!!

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)

* JACK GOES TO SEE EMILY: So, how fast did Emily get Aiden off the phone when she saw Jack was at the door?
Yeah, real fast

Quote:
* JACK AND EMILY BOND OVER WINE
So...what's really interesting here is that in the first half of the episode we saw Jack offer to get a sitter for Carl so he and Margaux could have a romantic evening, just the two of them.

Well, by the end of the episode, Jack's gotten his romantic evening -- a sitter for Carl, a bottle of wine -- but with Emily.
Ah, love this so season 1 them bonding over wine at her place ^^ I wonder if the whole "date night" was on Jack's mind when he was with Emily...

Quote:
I like that when Emily hands Jack the file and tells him she's getting closer, his response is to ask her to take care of herself. Emily's safety, not revenge on the Graysons, is Jack's number one priority.

Quote:
Emily wishing Jack luck on the move -- to me, it honestly sounded like she was fishing for information. The comment was just so out of the blue, kind of awkwardly thrown out there just before he left. And this is after Emily heard Jack tell her he knew all about "complicated" (which she had to realize was a reference to his love life).

And then when he told her he wasn't sure it was going to happen, she actually smiled when she asked, "What?" The smile was toned down a bit when she asked if he was okay, but she still didn't exactly look all that upset on Jack's behalf.

Maybe because she realized that Jack wasn't that upset either. The way he said, "Yeah. Yeah, I am," made him sound like a man who was realizing just how very, very okay he was with the end of his relationship.

And that little "Good night" Jack threw her as he smiled and turned to walk out? There's the promise of more there.

Jack is free. Now it's Emily's turn.
Yeah, he sounded very okay with Margaux not moving in with him here! I love how open they are to each other now, that they tell each other stuff like this again. That they're friendship and loyality is FINALLY building up again!! I soo would have loved a or something between them though. Like when Jack said goodnight to her, I wish Emily would be like: "Jack, wait... " and she could have thanked him for helping her, and maybe given him a hug?
But anyway, I'm so happy they got so many good scenes together!! It's so needed!! just patiently waiting for some more intimate stuff to happen now WE NEED MORE KISSES BETWEEN THEM!! and btw. If you look at all the kisses between Jack/Margaux, it's NOTHING like the two Jack/Emily kisses we have gotten^^ So much love and passion and FEELINGS with JE It's clear that Jack/NW doesen't give as much of himself/doesent give himself completely to Margaux the way he does with Emily It has to be a reason for that right?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Margaux and Daniel would make a nice couple I guess. I like their dynamic. Plus it would get them out the way...then there's still Aiden...
Old 04-19-2014, 04:28 PM
New Fan

Margaux as Jack's love interest never made sense to me. They have nothing in common and it's hard to imagine them together if this were not a TV show. I always thought Sara made a better choice as a potential love interest for Jack but the writers never went down that route. I thought she was a sympathetic character when she was first introduced before being corrupted by Victoria. The cynical side of me says the writers just thought we can't get Jack and Emily together yet so we need to give him some or any love interest to fill up episode time.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for the finale but I would love to see a scene where Aiden interrupts Emily and Jack kissing, or even Jack interrupting Emily and Aiden kissing that would force them all to confront their feelings for each other.

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2014, 04:43 PM
New Fan

Have you seen the picture published in the thread about Emily/Aiden?? It shows them about to kiss and it is supposed to be from season finale....
Old 04-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyfriend & Prettygirl <3 (View Post)
Yeah, real fast
That was one of the things I didn't pick up on the first time -- when I saw it on the rewatch, I laughed...the writers could have had Aiden end the call, or had Emily end the call just before Jack showed up.

But having her see Jack and quickly hang up? Awesome.

Quote:
Yeah, he sounded very okay with Margaux not moving in with him here! I love how open they are to each other now, that they tell each other stuff like this again. That they're friendship and loyality is FINALLY building up again!!
I know! When I think back to how things were earlier in the season -- like that argument they had on her porch when he tried to warn her away from Aiden -- I realize just how far they've come.

Now that the trust is back, I hope that in the next few episodes Jack is able to at least hint to her that he lied in the S3 premiere -- that he's never been able to stop loving her.

Quote:
I soo would have loved a or something between them though. Like when Jack said goodnight to her, I wish Emily would be like: "Jack, wait... " and she could have thanked him for helping her, and maybe given him a hug?
I want a hug, too...but I guess it makes sense that they didn't...right now there's so much unresolved sexual tension between them that even a hug would be a pretty major deal that could force them to have a conversation I don't think they're ready to have yet.

Quote:
If you look at all the kisses between Jack/Margaux, it's NOTHING like the two Jack/Emily kisses we have gotten^^ So much love and passion and FEELINGS with JE It's clear that Jack/NW doesen't give as much of himself/doesent give himself completely to Margaux the way he does with Emily It has to be a reason for that right?
Oh, totally! Both times that Jack and Emily have given into temptation and kissed, it's been really emotional and almost desperate.

So the lack of passion between Jack and Margaux really stands out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNamikoLoveXx (View Post)
I think Margaux and Daniel would make a nice couple I guess. I like their dynamic. Plus it would get them out the way...then there's still Aiden...
Margaux and Daniel definitely make more sense. I think Daniel understands her in a way Jack didn't, and she understands Daniel in a way she would never be able to understand Jack. They come from the same world, they're both incredibly ambitious, and they both have expensive tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin200 (View Post)
Margaux as Jack's love interest never made sense to me. They have nothing in common and it's hard to imagine them together if this were not a TV show. I always thought Sara made a better choice as a potential love interest for Jack but the writers never went down that route. I thought she was a sympathetic character when she was first introduced before being corrupted by Victoria.
That's a good point about Sara -- I'm actually glad, though, that the writers didn't go there, because I could have seen that becoming a long-term obstacle to Jack/Emily in a way Jack/Margaux were not.

As it is, I thought Sara was kind of wasted...I think they could have done more with her and Daniel.

Quote:
The cynical side of me says the writers just thought we can't get Jack and Emily together yet so we need to give him some or any love interest to fill up episode time.
Oh, I totally believe that's what's going on here. NW's always saying that he doesn't think they should get together until the end of the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's been the plan from the beginning.

The problem is that they established in the pilot that Jack and Emily were instantly attracted to each other. Now, Emily staying away from Jack makes sense because she doesn't want to endanger him. But then that either means keeping Jack single and pining after her, or having him try to move on with his life.

But it does seem like very little thought went into his pairing with Margaux. Maybe I could have bought it as Margaux "slumming" (from her POV) with Jack in a no-strings type of relationship -- with Jack using sex with her as an outlet for his own frustration re: Emily.

Instead we got a friendship that morphed into a cutesy, innocent, drama-free relationship, with Jack bringing Margaux food at work and Margaux bringing Jack to the opera and bonding with Carl, and the two of them meeting each other's parents and planning to move in together....

I don't know, I just found it hard to buy. Even if I know as a viewer that they're intentionally trying to come up with obstacles to keep Jack and Emily apart until the end of the show, it shouldn't be so obvious.

Fortunately, Jack/Margaux seems to be ending in a way that doesn't suggest they'll ever get back together. Now we just need to wait and see if they cast a new love interest for Jack in S4.

Quote:
I'm not going to get my hopes up for the finale but I would love to see a scene where Aiden interrupts Emily and Jack kissing, or even Jack interrupting Emily and Aiden kissing that would force them all to confront their feelings for each other.
Yeah, I think we're long overdue for an "Aiden witnesses a close moment between Emily and Jack" scene.

I also wouldn't mind Jack interrupting Emily and Aiden, because that would just up the sexual tension factor -- Jack would basically be seeing the relationship he could have with Emily if only he'd tell her how he feels.

(And Jealous Jack is always, always hot.)

Spoiler:
Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Easter Everyone
Old 04-20-2014, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
SVM (camerawoman for Revenge) was asked about her favorite couple on the show and she named Jack/Emily. Now if only she'd post some more pics of them! I asked, so we'll see...
And called him the love of her life. But then the Aiden/Emily fans hijacked the tweet ("puppy love" "the adult fans don't buy that") and she replied back 'okay. Aiden and Emily it is.'

They're not going to be able to "fix" the show quite so easily.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

happy easter, everyone!

i'm loving all the speculation on here too bad there isn't a new episode tonight!

danny & mindy

Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengefan@07 (View Post)
Happy Easter Everyone
Happy Easter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
And called him the love of her life. But then the Aiden/Emily fans hijacked the tweet ("puppy love" "the adult fans don't buy that") and she replied back 'okay. Aiden and Emily it is.'

They're not going to be able to "fix" the show quite so easily.
I saw that, too. I don't understand the rationale behind attacking her for her opinion, especially as she's given them some great BTS pictures lately.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
happy easter, everyone!

i'm loving all the speculation on here too bad there isn't a new episode tonight!
Happy Easter!!

Speculating helps the "no new episode" blues.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Now that the trust is back, I hope that in the next few episodes Jack is able to at least hint to her that he lied in the S3 premiere -- that he's never been able to stop loving her.
Ah, I REALLY hope that he's gonna say that to her soon!! Can't wait to see Emily's reaction to that ^^

Quote:
Fortunately, Jack/Margaux seems to be ending in a way that doesn't suggest they'll ever get back together. Now we just need to wait and see if they cast a new love interest for Jack in S4.
OMG, they better NOT do that!! S4 HAVE TO BE eather about Jack/Emily as a couple, or it have to lead to them ending up together. Please, no more other love interest's for eather of them!!

Quote:
I also wouldn't mind Jack interrupting Emily and Aiden, because that would just up the sexual tension factor -- Jack would basically be seeing the relationship he could have with Emily if only he'd tell her how he feels.
(And Jealous Jack is always, always hot.)
I totally agree! I really want to see some jealous Jack scenes. I wonder if that happens, if Emily will feel awkward/embarrassed to? That would have been interesting to watch. Hopefully followed by some intense eye contact stare between Jack and Emily ^^