Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Thanks for the response Kyls. I love your analyses of the show northbound train you pick up on things I may not notice and you make me look at scenes in a different way from what I may have considered more often than not making me appreciate them even more when I see it from your perspective. I always look forward to what you have to say.
Thank you!! I love contributing to this thread in any way I can...and I get the same thing you do out of writing it. The first time I watched the episode, I was like, "Okay, the Aiden stuff sucked, but we did get some good Jack stuff...I will just re-watch it later."

When I was finally able to sit down and watch it again, I realized I was in trouble when I kept having to rewind/pause. That made me realize that I was starting to see things I didn't catch the first time.

Quote:
I wish anyone who didn't like Jemily could see your posts as you convey what is so amazing about them and why we love their relationship so wonderfully.
I notice that there are always a lot more anonymous guests reading the board than there are registered posters...I kind of hope that a lot of the people who just lurk on the board (like I used to) are checking out this thread to see how enthusiastic we are about Jack and Emily.

Quote:
In fact I wish the writers could see how passionately you analyse their scenes as you probably note things they don't even notice
Oh, I'm sure a lot of what I come up is reading too much into things. But I like to think it shakes out like this -- that 1/3rd of the stuff I see is intentional on the part of the writers, 1/3rd is more from the actors than it is from the writing (like the way the actors choose to interpret the script), and 1/3rd is just me reading too much into things/being hopeful.

I almost want to get a Twitter account so I can tweet the writers about what's intentional and what's not.

Quote:
(as I do sometimes wonder about the writing on this show).
I wonder about the writing, too. It seems like the first season was so tight and then everything went off the rails in S2...and while S3 has been better, there are still a lot of areas where things could improve.

Mostly, I think it's really troubling that there are so many reviewers talking about how boring the show is. I hope that EVC is right about the finale being epic, because there needs to be something big enough to shock people and make them anxious for S4.

I'm curious to see if the ratings will pick up the more Jack/Emily are featured.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:04 PM
New Fan

Hi! I'm another Jemily shipper. Can I get into your list, pleaaaase?
Old 04-12-2014, 04:12 PM
New Fan

And here comes my first question: did anyone notice in this week promo (episode 19 Allegiance) a photogram of Jack with a ring in his hand?? I don't remember if he gave one to Margaux at some point of the show, I'm not sure at all it happened, I just remember him giving her the key of his new house in last episode but not a ring. And last but not least: could this ring be the engagement ring that Aiden gave to Emily and that she took off at the end of last episode?...
Old 04-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys8 (View Post)
Welcome to the board and the thread!

Quote:
And here comes my first question: did anyone notice in this week promo (episode 19 Allegiance) a photogram of Jack with a ring in his hand?? I don't remember if he gave one to Margaux at some point of the show, I'm not sure at all it happened, I just remember him giving her the key of his new house in last episode but not a ring. And last but not least: could this ring be the engagement ring that Aiden gave to Emily and that she took off at the end of last episode?...
I did notice that Jack seems to be holding something small in his hands, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I don't think he's ever given Margaux a ring, so the Aiden/Emily ring is a good guess -- and it would match the expression on his face (like he's putting two and two together, but not necessarily happy about it).

Ah, I can't wait for Sunday!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Welcome to the thread. I'll add you to the list.

Just a heads up. You are not suppose to double post.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Welcome to the thread!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I almost want to get a Twitter account so I can tweet the writers about what's intentional and what's not.
You should! Even if you only tweet occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Mostly, I think it's really troubling that there are so many reviewers talking about how boring the show is. I hope that EVC is right about the finale being epic, because there needs to be something big enough to shock people and make them anxious for S4.
I really hope so too. I mean I've stuck with the show, but I can absolutely see why people have not and that the show needs some magic back.

ETA:

Saw this in a Barry interview, and thought it might be of some interest:

Quote:
POTP: Do you want to see Aiden with Emily?
Barry: I love working with Emily. I love the chemistry we have onscreen. I love those two characters together. I think Aiden understands her and he’s in love with one part of the woman she is. He doesn’t know Amanda Clarke. He fell in love with Emily Thorne. If she was to show up as that other part of herself, I don’t know if he’d love that other half of Emily.

Last edited by Kyls; 04-13-2014 at 03:04 AM
Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)

I really hope so too. I mean I've stuck with the show, but I can absolutely see why people have not and that the show needs some magic back.

ETA:

And Jack loves all of Emily
Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

ETA:

That's an interesting quote.
Jack loves both versions of her.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe I will...is anyone else here on there?

Quote:
That's...really interesting. Because in all of the interviews I've seen with NW where they've asked him a similar question, his answer is always some variation of "Yes, but only at the end." But here, BS seems to be hedging.

And I can't believe he admitted that Aiden only knows one part of Emily. That's the argument a lot of us have been making all along -- that of the two men it's Jack, not Aiden, who knows all of her. Like, I can't imagine NW ever saying at this point that Jack doesn't know a certain side of Emily or might not be able to accept a certain side of her. He's seen it all. That's why he was so angry for half of S3. But he's still in love with her.

What's weird is, well, what does BS think Aiden might not love about her Amanda side? Is he basically saying that Aiden loves the ruthless/vengeful/tortured woman she became? Does that mean the original Amanda would be too good/sweet/boring for him or something?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What's weird is, well, what does BS think Aiden might not love about her Amanda side? Is he basically saying that Aiden loves the ruthless/vengeful/tortured woman she became? Does that mean the original Amanda would be too good/sweet/boring for him or something?
he makes it sound like that, right?! i don't think aiden's really the type to settle down and lead a quiet but happy life, but i might be biased because of course i only see jack having that kind of life with emily

i'm on twitter, but i only follow EVC and NW and i've never seen them answer any fan questions or reveal anything too spoilery. but you should definitely sign up, northboundtrain! i never really tweet but i love going through my feed.

can't wait to watch the episode tomorrow morning

danny & mindy

Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Aiden loves the vengeful, tortured side of Emily because that what he was when he met her that's what they share. They take comfort in that common bond they share. But as proved when Emily lost her memory take away her knowledge of her painful past and quest for vengeance would she still have any feelings for him. Where as with Jack take away her memory of him and what they share she still felt connected to him why; not because he is a tie to her past but because he is a tie to her soul. Same reason he wanted Emily when he didn't know who she was and why he wanted her more even when he had who he believed to be 'Amanda' in front of him. What they have is almost inexplicable there's no reason behind it it's not something you can explain it's something felt between two people that is extremely rare.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 04-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
he makes it sound like that, right?! i don't think aiden's really the type to settle down and lead a quiet but happy life, but i might be biased because of course i only see jack having that kind of life with emily
Aw, me too! I think that's the perfect ending for the show -- Emily with Jack, a couple of kids, and frequent visits from Nolan, Charlotte and Stevie. Love, happiness and peace...everything David wanted for her.

Quote:
i'm on twitter, but i only follow EVC and NW and i've never seen them answer any fan questions or reveal anything too spoilery. but you should definitely sign up, northboundtrain! i never really tweet but i love going through my feed.
I probably will, but I don't think I'd ever tweet about anything but Revenge and maybe some of the other shows I watch. What's your name so I can add you?

Quote:
Aiden loves the vengeful, tortured side of Emily because that what he was when he met her that's what they share. They take comfort in that common bond they share. But as proved when Emily lost her memory take away her knowledge of her painful past and quest for vengeance would she still have any feelings for him. Where as with Jack take away her memory of him and what they share she still felt connected to him why; not because he is a tie to her past but because he is a tie to her soul. Same reason he wanted Emily when he didn't know who she was and why he wanted her more even when he had who he believed to be 'Amanda' in front of him. What they have is almost inexplicable there's no reason behind it it's not something you can explain it's something felt between two people that is extremely rare.
All great points -- I'd forgotten about her reactions to them when she had amnesia. The writers could have had Aiden be the one to come in and calm her down and bring her memory back, and instead when he went to see her she was scared out of her mind. But with Jack, she was instantly and instinctively at peace.

AlwaysCB: Great video!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's beautiful, and it sums them up perfectly.

You are right, I never thought about her not liking Aiden, because she couldn't remember him. It's like her instincts were telling her to run. Interesting....I blamed her reaction on the situation and not him, but I like your prospective better.