Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yep! Oh I've got it...Will's mother dies of a drug overdose and Eric gets caught, so then Regina has to take in Will. And Regina decides she needs her mother's help, so she and Will move to Puerto Rico. LOL

Honestly, I'm actually caring less and less about what the cliffhanger is. Whatever it is will probably be a letdown.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
Yep! Oh I've got it...Will's mother dies of a drug overdose and Eric gets caught, so then Regina has to take in Will. And Regina decides she needs her mother's help, so she and Will move to Puerto Rico. LOL
That might be the only Regina story I'm interested in seeing anymore!

Quote:
Honestly, I'm actually caring less and less about what the cliffhanger is. Whatever it is will probably be a letdown.
Agreed.

I found three stories interesting last season: Emmett's LA adventures, Bay's Title IX story, and Daphne's search for her "tribe" at college. Every other character's story was painfully boring to me.

John and Kathryn's money woes? Big snore. Regina's bad boy Eric? Boring. Toby's accidental reverse into fatherhood? That was THE most uninspiring story of all.

Both Toby and Lily have potential as characters, but the writers could not have made the two any more unlikeable if they set out to do that from the start. From Toby's bad haircuts (and throwing away his music career to DJ at fraternity parties) to Lily's inability to be anything but be a witch to Toby, their relationship is painful to watch. Why would I want to see the two of them have a baby? Why would I celebrate that baby's birth as a possible grand finale to the entire series?

I don't care about Toby or Lily OR their baby, because the writers have not invested enough into their story to make me care.

Viewers have barely seen Toby since Season 1B. I know he married Nikki in Season 2 and chose to coach field hockey at Carlton over accompanying her on a mission in Season 3, but other than that, I know nothing about Toby. I can't even connect the person Toby is now to the young man who stole a test from Buckner to fund his music career and protected Bay with all of his might. Where did that young man go? I miss him. I haven't liked Toby since he chose Iceland over Nikki.

I wish Toby had returned from Iceland with a better haircut and more maturity. The thought of watching immature Toby and his girlfriend who doesn't respect him raise a child with Down Syndrome is NOT my idea of a dream television series.

That really is too much like real life. There's no fantasy or escape in that storyline AT ALL.

I miss the days when Emmett was romantic and Toby was adorable with talent.

Now, Emmett is a very ordinary young man, and Toby is dull. That's a huge disappointment and not a direction I saw the show taking, way back in Season 1, when I was head-over-heels in love with both of those characters AND Switched at Birth.

I can think of a dozen ways the writers could have allowed Emmett and Toby to stay as likable as they were in the first few seasons. I'm not sure why the writers took away both characters' magic in Season 4, but they sure did.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hate to say it as a female, but how many are women writers? There may be some sort of grudge there because honestly most of the men on the show have been portrayed very poorly. Ugh, I can't believe I even just wrote that...but realistically, women can be petty. <-- The reason I generally hate female bosses.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate to say it as a female, but how many are women writers? There may be some sort of grudge there because honestly most of the men on the show have been portrayed very poorly. Ugh, I can't believe I even just wrote that...but realistically, women can be petty. <-- The reason I generally hate female bosses.
Lizzy Weiss tweeted a picture of the current writing staff last night. It has seven men and six women, so pretty evenly split. I just looked at the writers for the last 20 episodes, and that seems fairly evenly split, too.

But even so, I agree with you. There is a difference between men and women. And Lizzy Weiss is the boss of this show. Often, to me, it feels as though she shortchanges her male characters.

Honestly, in this day and age, it feels like all of Hollywood shortchanges male characters.

On a Facebook community page, someone posted that she was glad the Disney princesses "started realizing boys aren't the world they are just a bonus." Whereas, I am as tired of the entertainment industry treating men like "bonuses" as I was of them treating men like the whole world.

To me, that's how it feels the writers of Switched at Birth treat their male characters, like "bonuses" for women. It's bothersome, and it demeans females as much as it demeans the males.

I'm ready for Hollywood to treat men like our partners in life, and I am not talking about romance. This world is populated with men and women, and we all need to work together.

That said, romance between any two people is lovely, and I wish we saw more of it. It seems as though Hollywood doesn't like romance anymore, and that makes me sad.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yep! Oh I've got it...Will's mother dies of a drug overdose and Eric gets caught, so then Regina has to take in Will. And Regina decides she needs her mother's help, so she and Will move to Puerto Rico. LOL Honestly, I'm actually caring less and less about what the cliffhanger is. Whatever it is will probably be a letdown.

It's sad we have to think this but Lizzie did itntobis
Old 03-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
It's sad we have to think this but Lizzie did itntobis
Is that "did it to us"? Or something else?
Old 03-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Is that "did it to us"? Or something else?
Sorry typing from phone

To us
Old 03-13-2016, 04:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

So I think since I came up with the only interesting Regina storyline left, Lizzy should just hire me. LOL!

Old 03-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So I think since I came up with the only interesting Regina storyline left, Lizzy should just hire me. LOL!
I concur!

For some reason, I have a feeling this cliff hanger will resolve itself to be about as exciting as the Season 1C cliff hanger. I wasn't all that impressed by Angelo's baby mama drama.

Oh, well, we will see! At least I am excited to see what the writers do. I suppose that is the purpose of a good cliff hanger in the first place, so mission accomplished by the writers, even if the follow-through happens to fall short.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey, Lizzy Weiss, Kassie wants to work on your staff!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Hey, Lizzy Weiss, Kassie wants to work on your staff!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think the phone call is that actually, Bay has a twin…..named April….who somehow has a different father and mother named Luke Danes and Anna Nardini. Bay and April were separated at birth!

….

Sorry. Just kidding. Obviously.

No, I don’t have a clue, but I kind of have the feeling it’s going to end up being a moot point and nothing is going to come of it really. It’s just a way to get the girls back from China.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Angelo faked his death to get away from creditors? LOL Now I've just crossed into soap opera territory! :p

Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that is soap territory for sure. Speaking of, I always laugh at how shocked soap characters are when someone "comes back to life." Like do you even know the history of this town/the people there???

But there were dental records and a body! Yeah, 'cause no one has ever faked that....especially when it's the same people doing it!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I still hope it's Will! Regina and Will have run away together so that she can be the mother he never had. LOL.
I would love that lol