Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Yeah I am
Is there anyone that you are less fond of? Or do you love them all equally?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

Is there anyone that you are less fond of? Or do you love them all equally?
Melody was one at the time. I just wish they gave her more story
Old 02-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Melody was one at the time. I just wish they gave her more story
Aw, I like Melody, too!

I didn't like how she treated Bay in the very beginning, but I always liked her. I do wish she would have a bigger role on the show. I actually enjoy watching Melody's character more than any of the other four parents.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Aw, I like Melody, too!

I didn't like how she treated Bay in the very beginning, but I always liked her. I do wish she would have a bigger role on the show. I actually enjoy watching Melody's character more than any of the other four parents.
True
Old 02-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
True
After Melody, who is your next favorite character?

I'm wondering who the phone call will be about. It's a mystery.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
After Melody, who is your next favorite character?

I'm wondering who the phone call will be about. It's a mystery.
Bay because I think there is majo stuff that they can can do with her.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Bay is the easier of the two plot device wise. I keep trying to think of how they can use the phone call to make Daphne interesting again and I come up with a big zero. Any thoughts there?

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I think Bay is the easier of the two plot device wise. I keep trying to think of how they can use the phone call to make Daphne interesting again and I come up with a big zero. Any thoughts there?
I feel Daphne's character would be interesting again, if she was paired romantically with Emmett. Could the phone call somehow lead to that?

As much as I loved Bay & Emmett together in the beginning of the series, I feel Bay's character is far more interesting without Emmett now. Bay needs to go explore the world. She doesn't need to settle down or start a family with Emmett. Bay doesn't even need Emmett by her side as her co-conspirator, when she goes off on her adventures. I'm weary of Bay's character allowing her life to revolve around Emmett. I want something else for her.

The writers would need to make sure Daphne & Emmett's romantic relationship does not hurt Bay. I don't think it would, though. It's not like Emmett would be breaking up with Bay for Daphne. And Vanessa even said in that interview that I posted on the Bay & Emmett thread that Bay would have been far less hurt if Emmett had cheated on her with Daphne, because that is something Bay could have understood. Bay has always known on some level that Daphne & Emmett belong together. They share the same culture

As selfless as Bay's character has proven to be time and again, I believe she would be thrilled for Daphne & Emmett to find true love together. She loves them both. She wants them both to be happy. And Bay wants to put Emmett behind her. Like she said at the end of To Repel Ghosts, "Give me time. Just give me time." Bay wants to push Emmett out of her life and move forward on her own, and she should.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I feel Daphne's character would be interesting again, if she was paired romantically with Emmett. Could the phone call somehow lead to that?

As much as I loved Bay & Emmett together in the beginning of the series, I feel Bay's character is far more interesting without Emmett now. Bay needs to go explore the world. She doesn't need to settle down or start a family with Emmett. Bay doesn't even need Emmett by her side as her co-conspirator, when she goes off on her adventures. I'm weary of Bay's character allowing her life to revolve around Emmett. I want something else for her.

The writers would need to make sure Daphne & Emmett's romantic relationship does not hurt Bay. I don't think it would, though. It's not like Emmett would be breaking up with Bay for Daphne. And Vanessa even said in that interview that I posted on the Bay & Emmett thread that Bay would have been far less hurt if Emmett had cheated on her with Daphne, because that is something Bay could have understood. Bay has always known on some level that Daphne & Emmett belong together. They share the same culture

As selfless as Bay's character has proven to be time and again, I believe she would be thrilled for Daphne & Emmett to find true love together. She loves them both. She wants them both to be happy. And Bay wants to put Emmett behind her. Like she said at the end of To Repel Ghosts, "Give me time. Just give me time." Bay wants to push Emmett out of her life and move forward on her own, and she should.
We can only hope they will write it
Old 02-16-2016, 02:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I think this is an interesting view (I'm a little OT for the phone call post here), but it seems like you give Emmett more allowances than Bay. He can date Daphne but Bay can't date Travis. Bay should let go of all her connections related to Emmett but Emmett should and can keep those related to Bay. Travis was in Daphne and John's life (and therefore Bay's) before he was really in Emmett's. Melody is (I'm assuming) Regina's best friend still and a friend of Kathryn's and important to Daphne so why should Bay never talk to her again? That would be rude actually. I think you can safely argue that Bay and Travis can't be together if you apply that same logic to Emmett and Daphne otherwise it really feels like a double standard to me. I hope this doesn't come across as mean, I don't mean it to.

Anyway, back to the phone call. It's been awhile since the last episode so I don't quite remember, but didn't Bay get the phone call? I wonder why Daphne didn't get the call. Maybe it's not something related to Daphne then. I kind of like the idea of it being like Angelo's extended family. That might be an interesting twist and why Daphne wouldn't be called. To them (since they've not met either girl and only talked to Bay on the phone) it probably would be a lot more straight forward than the rest of the family.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think this is an interesting view (I'm a little OT for the phone call post here), but it seems like you give Emmett more allowances than Bay. He can date Daphne but Bay can't date Travis. Bay should let go of all her connections related to Emmett but Emmett should and can keep those related to Bay.
I allow Emmett nothing. I agree with you.

Emmett should let go of his friendship with Daphne and not connect with her as a friend or as anything else, ever again. Daphne belongs to Bay.

Daphne told Emmett as much, when he called from USC to check on their friendship and to ask Daphne to keep their friendship separate from his failed relationship with Bay. Daphne told him that was impossible, and she was absolutely right.

The only scenario where I feel it would be acceptable for Emmett to date Daphne is if Bay is in a serious and committed sexual relationship with Travis. If that's the case, then who cares if more lines are blurred. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

But otherwise, it's time for Emmett to let Daphne go. Looking at everything that has transpired on the show, Emmett needs to walk away from Kansas City and never look back, at least if he is interested in his own well-being. If Bay and Travis are together, Emmett should walk away from his family and let Bay and Travis have the connection with Melody, Gabe, the twins, Cameron, Debbie, their son, and whoever else.

I agree with you.

Quote:
Travis was in Daphne and John's life (and therefore Bay's) before he was really in Emmett's. Melody is (I'm assuming) Regina's best friend still and a friend of Kathryn's and important to Daphne so why should Bay never talk to her again? That would be rude actually. I think you can safely argue that Bay and Travis can't be together if you apply that same logic to Emmett and Daphne otherwise it really feels like a double standard to me. I hope this doesn't come across as mean, I don't mean it to.
Why would it come across as mean? You are right. It would absolutely be a double standard, if I supported Daphne and Emmett, but not Bay and Travis. I agree with you.

I only support Daphne and Emmett, if Bay and Travis are already together. Bay and Travis must come first. Otherwise, Emmett and Daphne should stay far away from each other. I don't even think Emmett and Daphne should be friends anymore.

The only scenario where I could even see the two of them becoming more than friends is if Daphne is comforting Emmett, because he discovers Bay and Travis are together, and he is hurting. I'd rather Emmett be happy for Bay and Travis, though, and not hurt at all.

As for Melody being such a huge person in Bay's life, I don't see Emmett hanging around with Regina, John, Kathryn, and Toby. Why does Bay have to hang around with Melody and Travis? I'm not suggesting that if Bay ran into Melody in the store that she should walk by her without saying hello. That would be rude. Did you think I was suggesting that?

I'm only saying that it might be healthier for Bay to NOT invite herself on vacations with her ex-boyfriend's mother. Or at the very least, if Bay is going to do so, then maybe she should not be upset when her ex-boyfriend happens to be there, too. After all, Melody is Emmett's mother. For Bay to say, "How dare he," when Emmett joins his mother on a family vacation is fairly presumptuous of her.

But Emmett is a grown man now. Maybe Bay's connection to Melody is more important than Emmett's connection to his mother. Who knows?

Like I said, Emmett just needs to leave Kansas City and all of its inhabitants to Bay. He doesn't belong there anymore.

Quote:
Anyway, back to the phone call. It's been awhile since the last episode so I don't quite remember, but didn't Bay get the phone call? I wonder why Daphne didn't get the call. Maybe it's not something related to Daphne then. I kind of like the idea of it being like Angelo's extended family. That might be an interesting twist and why Daphne wouldn't be called. To them (since they've not met either girl and only talked to Bay on the phone) it probably would be a lot more straight forward than the rest of the family.
If it was something related to Angelo's family, then I would think Bay would say, "I need to go home," instead of "We need to go home," to Daphne.

Angelo's extended family lives in France, though, so wouldn't Bay say, "I need to go to France," or "We need to go to France,"?

I don't know. Maybe Bay said "we" because Angelo's extended family sees Daphne as more Angelo's daughter than Bay. Perhaps the only reason they didn't contact Daphne first is that they do not know ASL.

Whoever called Bay is a hearing person, because they were not signing to each other. I'm thinking it was Kathryn doing the calling and that it might have been something about Regina, but that's just a guess.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Regina has found Will and they have run away together because she's over Eric but she decided she wanted another child! Sorry I had to get ridiculous with that!

And I understand now that you've cleared it up that you would like Emmett/Daphne if there is Bay/Travis. That's understandable. Blame my misunderstanding on being sick and my lack of reading comprehension. LOL

Old 02-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Regina has found Will and they have run away together because she's over Eric but she decided she wanted another child! Sorry I had to get ridiculous with that!

And I understand now that you've cleared it up that you would like Emmett/Daphne if there is Bay/Travis. That's understandable. Blame my misunderstanding on being sick and my lack of reading comprehension. LOL
That would be quite a twist! I still cannot believe Regina took to Will so completely, yet she has been hands-off with Bay and Abby. Regina wants to keep all of Angelo's offspring at a distance.

I so wish we would see a Daphne and Emmett pairing, and it's never going to happen. The writers will not go there. The idea appeals to me for so many reasons now. It appeals to me most of all, because it would make all of this suffering through the Bay and Emmett pairing finally have meaning. It would finally be worthwhile.

I have no idea what the call will be, but I am fairly sure it won't have anything to do with Emmett. Nothing ever does on this show.

I wish we would receive a Season 5 premiere date. I don't understand why Freeform hasn't been able to choose a date yet. Weird.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I like that idea
Old 02-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

I want to know what the phone call is about.

After all this waiting, it will probably seem anti-climactic. But I don't care. I want to know!

Any other wild theories?