Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I do have my ears pierced. I wanted to pierce them in elementary school, but my father was against it. He did not even want my mom to have her ears pierced, so she never did. My sister who is 17 years older than me never got her ears pierced either. She wears earrings all of the time. My mom wears earrings occasionally, too, but neither of them have ever had their ears pierced. My father died when I was nine years old, so for a long time, I didn't pierce my ears, out of respect for his wishes. Then, when I was in college, my first love broke my heart. At the time he broke away from me, he got his ears pierced and maybe some other things, too. I'm not sure. So I went out and got my ears pierced. I got three holes pierced in my left ear and two holes in my right ear. I guess, in some way, I thought it would connect me to him. I was grasping at straws, at the time. I don't regret it. It was kind of fun. I enjoyed wearing earrings in college, but then, I stopped. I haven't worn earrings now in about twenty years. Every five years or so, I will check to see if the holes are still open, and they are. I wish I had an opportunity to see my dad through adult eyes. I don't think he would have minded that I got my ears pierced. He loved my mom so much. I think he would have wanted me to love someone in the same way. TPBM likes to wear jewelry?

Test

Tpbm loves chemistryb
Old 03-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

I like when two people have chemistry!

TPBM loves jewelry?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

I go through phases. I have my ears pierced. One of the holes closed up, which makes me slightly sad. I got them on my seventh birthday, but I don't think they were ever done properly as they always got infected, etc. Someone told me to not get them pierced in a jewelry store, but a tattoo parlor because the stores use the guns while the parlors use the needles? Anyway, I always wear my earrings. I go back and forth with rings and necklaces.

TPBM has owned a moon ring at one point?

ETA: I just looked it up. Tattoo parlors use disposable needles that are sterilized, while the guns used by stores in the mall/kiosks can't always be sterilized. Maybe I'll go get my bottom holes re-pierced at a tattoo parlor. I just hate the cleaning them for six weeks after you first get them done.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I have owned a moon ring, unless it is similar to a mood ring. I have owned one of those. I just googled moon ring and saw some beautiful images. Wow! I love this one! It's similar to my mood ring, but instead of changing colors to show the mood, it has a moon inside of it.

TPBM has owned a piece of mood jewelry?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oh oops! I meant mood* ring. Sorry. But hey, a moon ring sounds cool.

And yes, I own a mood piece of jewelry.

I loved the one from My Girl, so I got one similar to that one.

TPBM has heard of a Claddagh ring?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

No, I've never heard of a Claddagh ring. I'll have to research it now! I love your mood ring. It's such a pretty shade of green in that picture.

TPBM has tried to experience different emotions while wearing mood jewelry, to see what it might do?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Have I? I don't think I have intentionally! I like mine too, and it's adjustable.

Claddagh's are cool!
"The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown).
The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's romantic availability, or lack thereof.

Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open."

When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart".

A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged.

When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married."
I have three of them. I saw it on Buffy (of course) and fell in love with them.

TPBM has a piece of jewelry that is a family heirloom?
Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Neat history! I'm curious about Buffy. I hear such great things about it.

I guess I do have a ring that my grandmother gave me when I was a little girl. It doesn't really mean much to me, though, which is sad, and I have no idea where it is. I might have given it to my sister. My grandmother was my step-grandmother, and she was abusive to all of her step-children, including my mom. It's a long story that no one would even believe, if it ever made its way to TV. I don't care about jewelry. I generally get rid of it as soon as I can. I don't own any jewelry anymore.

TPBM likes to swim?
Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes very much so

The tpbm went to see a movie recently?
Old 03-31-2016, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Star Wars, but it's been a month or two.

TPBM likes participating in organized (or spontaneous) treasure hunts?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't done a treasure hunt in a long time, but sure! I'd like to do one. After SAB introduced geocaching, I looked it up and a lot of people are into it.

TPBM prefers iced tea over lemonade?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Both are good, but I guess I do prefer iced tea more often.

TPBM prefers whipped cream over marshmallows?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

I like both, but I am a fan of whipped cream!

TPBM will tell us what they like to order from a Greek restaurant?
Old 04-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

TPBM will tell me what they think about the website for the Greek restaurant near my house? (link below)

* I'm not a big fan of lamb, which I associate with Greek food. I do like Greek spices, but I rarely go to Greek restaurants. Maybe once every 10 years? Not often. And I should, because there's a Greek restaurant near my house that gets GREAT reviews. I'll have to give them a try this month.

For the times I have visited a Greek restaurant, I remember liking dolmades. I prefer them without meat, or with ground beef rather than lamb, but I will eat them with lamb, too.

I love tzatziki (cucumber dip) with pita bread. I like hummus with pita bread, too.

I love feta cheese and kalamata olives. Greek salads are an absolute favorite of mine. In fact, when I go to Joe's Inn (which is a little Italian restaurant), I always order their Greek salad loaded with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and Greek dressing.

I like baked feta cheese, too, served with tomatoes, olives, and pita bread.

I like spanakopita and am a huge fan of phyllo dough in general.

I also like pastitsio, but only if it is made with ground beef instead of lamb.

I like souvlaki, with chicken or beef. It's the spices that make the meat so good.

And I like good baklava and wedding cookies.

Here's the website for the Greek restaurant that is less than 5 minutes from my house, but I've never eaten there:

http://www.bellgreekcuisine.com

What does everyone think of that menu? Too limited? Interesting?

From the looks of it, would you give it a try, Alyssa?

Do you think Greek restaurants in NYC are probably a lot better than what we have in the South?

The few times I have eaten in a Greek restaurant, it was either a literal dive that just served fast food gyros, or it was one of those big kitschy 1980s style Greek restaurants.

According to the reviews, this little place near my home seems decent.

Hmm...what would everyone order there? I may give it a try tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

I think it looks good, but my personal preference is souvlaki chicken vs gyro chicken. It's not that I don't think gyro chicken is good, but I like the cubed chicken. But I think I would give it a try. I'm not a lamb fan either, so I normally go for the chicken.

Spanakopita is really yummy too.

I like tzatziki with pita too! And hummus.

I think we have good Greek food in NYC for sure. Astoria is known for its Greek food. But I'm sure there's some good places near you too, Amy.

Baklava I find too sweet. I don't know why.....I do enjoy sweet things, but it's like an overload for me. Then again, I associate it with a really bad stomachache I had that could have been related to it or not. So maybe I am being unfair to sweet old baklava

If you try it, Amy, let us know how it is!

TPBM orders in frequently?