Fan Forum Star

Cant wait to see them as parents
Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, looking forward to that too!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Oh yes, looking forward to that too!
Aw, man, I want some of your enthusiasm!

I like Toby, although I don't see him as being as cool as I once did. He's lost some of his luster. But I cannot muster any love for Lily at all.

I liked Lily in the beginning, but I did not like the way she treated Toby last season.

I was with Lily, when she was upset with Toby for his stupid financial decisions, and I could even understand Lily entertaining feelings for another man. That happens. She was honest about it, at least, once Kathryn called her hand on it.

But Lily lost my support when she kept entertaining that other man's feelings for her, while she was six months pregnant with Toby's child. And I didn't like how Lily threatened to move back to London with the baby and cut Toby out of the child's life. I really don't think Lily's feelings for Toby have ever been deep or sincere. Could her feelings for him grow into that, throughout the course of marriage? Sure.

But Lily's lack of feelings for Toby squelch my excitement about seeing them together as parents and about seeing their wedding this season. If the writers intended to make Toby & Lily the signature couple of Switched at Birth (the couple with the engagement, wedding, marriage, and baby), then why couldn't the writers have at least penned a romantic scene for the two of them together? I honestly believe these writers hate romance.

I saw more evidence that Nikki's feelings for Toby were sincere than I do for Lily's. I even saw more evidence of the sincerity of Simone's feelings for Toby.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know what to think about Toby and Lily yet. Their relationship doesn't feel solid to me. If this show has several more seasons to go, I would expect her to leave him at some point. But since we're coming up on the final episodes, I think they'll stay together until the end of the show.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
I don't know what to think about Toby and Lily yet. Their relationship doesn't feel solid to me. If this show has several more seasons to go, I would expect her to leave him at some point. But since we're coming up on the final episodes, I think they'll stay together until the end of the show.
Yeah pretty much
Old 01-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even if their relationship isn't solid yet, I love a nice wedding
And I love seeing dynamics change on screen when a couple becomes parents. So yes, I'm looking forward to that

I don't think I had a real love for Toby in the beginning. I Really didn't like his gambling story line, I thought it was too cheesy. It was over done and regressed his character.
Because I've always, always loved Toby as a brother. The way he was with Bay, from the beginning on being protective and supportive.
And the way that just naturally seemed to extend to Daphne as she joined the family.
(But maybe I'm just remembering only good parts, it is all a while ago )
Old 01-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I love seeing dynamics change on screen when a couple becomes parents. So yes, I'm looking forward to that

I don't think I had a real love for Toby in the beginning. I Really didn't like his gambling story line, I thought it was too cheesy. It was over done and regressed his character.
Because I've always, always loved Toby as a brother. The way he was with Bay, from the beginning on being protective and supportive.
And the way that just naturally seemed to extend to Daphne as she joined the family.
Yeah you make some good points about Toby
Old 04-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

How do you feel now, Paula?

Were you happy with their wedding?