Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-18-2016, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
We can always just go with my option and write Mary Beth off the show...lol. Okay, okay I'll stop being mean now.

I do think it makes most sense no matter what to keep Emmett in LA right now. The writers need to stick with it.
I agree about keeping Emmett in LA.

I like Mary Beth. I think she was an awful friend to Bay, but I still like her character. I wouldn't mind seeing Bay put an end to their friendship, though, because Mary Beth has never been loyal to Bay.

I could see Bay going for a relationship with Travis and having absolutely no guilt about Mary Beth. Bay shouldn't have any guilt about that. It'd be interesting to watch their friendship end because of that. In my mind, Bay and Mary Beth have never had a real friendship anyway.

As much as I want Emmett to date (and love and marry) someone who is Deaf, I would actually love to see an Emmett and Mary Beth pairing. I've thought that many times, MANY TIMES. But I don't think I've ever written it anywhere until now.

I like Sean Berdy's chemistry with B.K. Cannon. I still remember that scene at Scratch when Tank thought that Emmett was Travis. I really like Emmett and Mary Beth together. I did then, and I still do now.

If it happened on the show (which unfortunately is not likely), but if it happened, then I would want a more confident Mary Beth. Perhaps Mary Beth's courage in ending her relationship with Travis gave her a new confidence. I don't care what does it, but I would like to see a confident, strong Mary Beth really enjoy a relationship with Emmett.

I want to see her on the back of his motorcycle. I want to see them dancing, kissing, discovering a common passion. It would be an out-of-the-box decision and not something most shows would do. I think a choice like that would give fans more respect for the writers of Switched at Birth and might even improve the ratings.

I know you don't like Mary Beth, so you probably wouldn't want the writers to pair her with Emmett. We would need to get to know Mary Beth better. If Emmett was sincere about wanting a relationship with Mary Beth and if he truly fell in love with her for who she is (and if the writers made that believable), then I would love that story.

That story would even be worth me sacrificing my desire for Emmett to date someone who is Deaf and my desire for the writers to give us a relationship that feels like it was written in the stars. (There's no real way to make Mary Beth and Emmett feel written in the stars, but I could settle for just believing that they were in love with each other.)
Old 02-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

I agree about keeping Emmett in LA.

I like Mary Beth. I think she was an awful friend to Bay, but I still like her character. I wouldn't mind seeing Bay put an end to their friendship, though, because Mary Beth has never been loyal to Bay.

I could see Bay going for a relationship with Travis and having absolutely no guilt about Mary Beth. Bay shouldn't have any guilt about that. It'd be interesting to watch their friendship end because of that. In my mind, Bay and Mary Beth have never had a real friendship anyway.

As much as I want Emmett to date (and love and marry) someone who is Deaf, I would actually love to see an Emmett and Mary Beth pairing. I've thought that many times, MANY TIMES. But I don't think I've ever written it anywhere until now.

I like Sean Berdy's chemistry with B.K. Cannon. I still remember that scene at Scratch when Tank thought that Emmett was Travis. I really like Emmett and Mary Beth together. I did then, and I still do now.

If it happened on the show (which unfortunately is not likely), but if it happened, then I would want a more confident Mary Beth. Perhaps Mary Beth's courage in ending her relationship with Travis gave her a new confidence. I don't care what does it, but I would like to see a confident, strong Mary Beth really enjoy a relationship with Emmett.

I want to see her on the back of his motorcycle. I want to see them dancing, kissing, discovering a common passion. It would be an out-of-the-box decision and not something most shows would do. I think a choice like that would give fans more respect for the writers of Switched at Birth and might even improve the ratings.

I know you don't like Mary Beth, so you probably wouldn't want the writers to pair her with Emmett. We would need to get to know Mary Beth better. If Emmett was sincere about wanting a relationship with Mary Beth and if he truly fell in love with her for who she is (and if the writers made that believable), then I would love that story.

That story would even be worth me sacrificing my desire for Emmett to date someone who is Deaf and my desire for the writers to give us a relationship that feels like it was written in the stars. (There's no real way to make Mary Beth and Emmett feel written in the stars, but I could settle for just believing that they were in love with each other.)

They just don't know what to do with her.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
They just don't know what to do with her.
Would you want to see Mary Beth paired romantically with Emmett, like me?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Would you want to see Mary Beth paired romantically with Emmett, like me?
I am not sure on that
Old 02-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am not sure on that
The writers would need to give Mary Beth something more going on in her life than crying over her deceased brother and being insecure. The ukulele is great and all, but it's not enough to make her character interesting. Mary Beth would need to actually have a talent and be confident in it, for her to pair well with Emmett.

I could see Mary Beth becoming a character actor in the theater at UMKC. If she developed confidence, perhaps she could land an important role in film and make a name for herself as an actor.

Since Emmett already knows Mary Beth, he would be kind to her, when he saw her. All it would take is for Mary Beth to have confidence and sparks could develop. But Emmett would not likely be interested in Mary Beth, if she remains insecure.

I would like to see Mary Beth with confidence. She should have a lot going for her. Her brother's death doesn't have to shadow everything she does.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

The writers would need to give Mary Beth something more going on in her life than crying over her deceased brother and being insecure. The ukulele is great and all, but it's not enough to make her character interesting. Mary Beth would need to actually have a talent and be confident in it, for her to pair well with Emmett.

I could see Mary Beth becoming a character actor in the theater at UMKC. If she developed confidence, perhaps she could land an important role in film and make a name for herself as an actor.

Since Emmett already knows Mary Beth, he would be kind to her, when he saw her. All it would take is for Mary Beth to have confidence and sparks could develop. But Emmett would not likely be interested in Mary Beth, if she remains insecure.

I would like to see Mary Beth with confidence. She should have a lot going for her. Her brother's death doesn't have to shadow everything she does.
It seems they wrote her Into a corner
Old 02-21-2016, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It seems they wrote her Into a corner
True. Her insecurity is limiting. But if the writers had Mary Beth try acting at UMKC, and if Mary Beth turned out to be really good at it, then it could give her character tremendous confidence.

If Mary Beth landed a role in a film in LA, and Emmett ran into her in a professional capacity, he would befriend her. I'm sure of it. And if she had developed true confidence, sparks could happen between Mary Beth and Emmett.

I'd like to see them romantically paired. It would be interesting. Mary Beth already knows ASL. Emmett could introduce her to important people in LA. They could go to award shows together and walk the red carpet.

I would rather see Daphne and Emmett as the power couple in LA, because it makes the most sense to me, in keeping with the theme of the show and how the original switch changed everyone's lives. But Mary Beth and Emmett would be interesting to watch.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Why do so many of the young men on this show have names that begin with T?

We started with Toby and Ty, in the pilot episode. That wasn't too unusual.

But then, we quickly added Travis. Next, we saw Teo. After that, we saw Tank.

Of course, we did have a short spell with "J" names, too.

First Daphne dated Jeff, then she dated Jace, and finally, she dated Jorge. Not forgetting, her dad's name is John, of course.

At least we saw Mingo and Garrett in Season 4, to add some variety to the name game.

On another note, early in Season 1B, Daphne accepted that Emmett's feelings for Bay were real. Do you think Daphne accepted that because she truly loves Emmett and wants him to be happy, or do you think Daphne accepted that because she never really had romantic feelings for Emmett anyway?

It doesn't seem like Daphne carried a torch for Emmett at any point, so I guess she never had any romantic feelings for him. Daphne probably felt insecure because Bay was interloping on her territory in so many ways, and that's why she thought that she liked Emmett for a brief moment.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Daphne and her feelings for Emmett was just out of no where
Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Daphne and her feelings for Emmett was just out of no where
I understood why Daphne began to feel romantically for Emmett.

Her one rock in life, Regina, betrayed her in one of the worst ways a mother can betray a child. She kept her from her biological parents for 13 years and lied about it.

Once that happened, Daphne's whole world was shattered. She didn't know who to trust. And like Daphne told Bay, "It's just that I always thought my mom would be the one constant in my life. The one person I could always rely on, but I was wrong."

BAY: "I know. It sucks."

DAPHNE: "No, there is one person who's always been there for me. I just can't believe I never saw it before now."

BAY: "Who are you talking about?"

DAPHNE: "Emmett."

Daphne has always had strong feelings for Emmett. They weren't romantic because the two of them grew up together, like brother and sister. But when Daphne was feeling insecure, she could allow herself to be attracted to Emmett, in a way that she ignored when she was secure. Plus, at the exact moment Daphne discovered Regina's betrayal, Emmett was pulling away from her. That only made Daphne want to hold on that much tighter.

I just wonder where all of Daphne's feelings for Emmett went. I can understand her romantic feelings for him dissipating, after she discovered he really was serious about Bay. But where did her feelings of friendship go? Daphne certainly was ready and willing to sell Emmett down the river when he broke up with Bay.

I guess Bay's sacrifice bought her Daphne's loyalty, and Emmett's old gifts mean little to nothing now.

Emmett is out of the Kennish-Vasquez club. He doesn't belong anymore.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well they should of explained in more than one episode
Old 06-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well they should of explained in more than one episode
I can agree with that. The things I wanted to see were glossed over much of the time, and the things I didn't want to see were highlighted.

It is frustrating.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know tell me about it
Old 06-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know tell me about it
If you could change three relationships on Switched at Birth, which three relationships would you change?

I'd definitely change Bay and Emmett's relationship and never allow their connection to be annihilated, in the way that it was.

I'd also change Bay and Toby's relationship, and I'd make them close throughout the series.

I'm not sure which relationship I'd choose for the third one. There are several important contenders.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If you could change three relationships on Switched at Birth, which three relationships would you change?

I'd definitely change Bay and Emmett's relationship and never allow their connection to be annihilated, in the way that it was.

I'd also change Bay and Toby's relationship, and I'd make them close throughout the series.

I'm not sure which relationship I'd choose for the third one. There are several important contenders.
I think I will Change the Toby and Daphne relationship I feel like they could of Grown deeper over the seasons