Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmett4life (View Post)
Cody and Amy? no really, who?

And you forgot Aida..and what's that girl that thought she was pregnant by Chip Coto, and Nikki, and Nikki's mom...and Sharee's mom..
Cody first appeared with Emmett, when Emmett walked out to his motorcycle in Season 1A and found Bay, ready to confront him about their first kiss.

He has appeared at Carlton a number of times. I have two favorite Cody moments.

One is when he joined Travis, Daphne, Emmett, Matthew, and Natalie, as they all shared memories and rapped in ASL, right outside of Carlton. That was the evening they planned their uprising.

The other memory is when he was the one fencing on stage with Noah, during Romeo & Juliet at Carlton.

Amy is his sister, and she has only appeared for a few brief moments on screen. My clearest memory of Amy was during the uprising. She's been in four episodes, though.

I DID forget Aida. But I remembered the girl impregnated by Chip Coto (that was Parker). And I also forgot Jennice and Sharee's mom (and the doctor she stabbed). You are correct.

I left out Sarah Lazar, Lydia Kaiser (the book publisher), Christy & Barbara Salz (Angelo's business partners) and Elisa's mom, Patricia Sawyer, too.

I am sure there are more. Oh, remember Bay's boss, Mac? He is a character! I like him. He made me laugh. "Well, we could do a midnight showing (of Spankenstein)." Ha-ha!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

And all Ty's friends. I'm sure they had names..but I don't remember. Lol
Old 07-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

If it helps, none of the ABCFam shows had stellar ratings this week.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Maybe America is all on vacation.

We should get announcements soon, shouldn't we?
Old 07-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
The Fosters actually did pretty well. The fact that it grew by not just a little but by a lot out of Switched does not speak well for S@B. And PLL, while not as strong as it typically is, is still doing great for a show in its 5th season. Young & Hungry was also very consistent this week.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
The Fosters actually did pretty well. The fact that it grew by not just a little but by a lot out of Switched does not speak well for S@B. And PLL, while not as strong as it typically is, is still doing great for a show in its 5th season. Young & Hungry was also very consistent this week.
The comments for PLL made it sound like people were shocked at its lower ratings (.8). Everyone said that it had not rated so poorly since Season 1.

And Chasing Life did not do well either (.4).

While you are right about The Fosters growth, I would not call a .6 great. But yes, to grow out of SAB's .4, The Fosters is doing well, just like you said.

Not great, but well.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Addicted Fan

well next week's promo looks intriguing. hopefully it'll rebound.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know what all that means so I'm just going to nod my head and agree with....eveyrone? Ha!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
The comments for PLL made it sound like people were shocked at its lower ratings (.8). Everyone said that it had not rated so poorly since Season 1.

And Chasing Life did not do well either (.4).

While you are right about The Fosters growth, I would not call a .6 great. But yes, to grow out of SAB's .4, The Fosters is doing well, just like you said.

Not great, but well.
PLL drop really isn't concerning at all. Those numbers are still really good, especially for a show in its 5th season. Anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't understand ratings. Those people freaking out over it clearly don't understand ratings or don't understand that the show is in its 5th season.

Chasing Life has been pulling 0.5/0.4 all season so no big surprising drop there either tbh. Sure, the ratings aren't stellar but they've been very consistent for the most part. When they start dropping to 0.3's or lower is when fans can start freaking out.

Yeah, The Fosters 0.6 isn't amazing or anything but compared to a 0.4 it looks great, especially with that 0.6 growing out of the 0.4. The network has got to be asking themselves what the heck happened with Switched this week. No real cause for concern yet but this next week will be very telling. The show needs to rebound because the steep fall this week is definitely something to raise an eye at.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

The only reason I brought up the other shows is to say it's not like they are blowing SAB out of the water. Yes, this week was a bit concerning, but every time SAB falls, people jump to the worst conclusion and it does nothing but breed paranoia. I'd just rather not have that.

ABCFam is not the network it once was and that was my point. Fine, The Fosters did well this week. Great. I enjoy The Fosters, but it's not getting .8's/.9's. Let's just put things into perspective.

Chasing Life getting .4's and .5's doesn't speak that great of the network when in its first season, SAB was pulling in higher ratings.

I'm not trying to throw other ABCFam shows under the bus. Honestly. It just gets frustrating when people act like the only show that ABCFam would consider canceling or should consider canceling is SAB. I personally think it says something when a show in its first season is getting similar ratings to a show in its third with nearly 70 episodes under its belt. And if I were ABCFam, I'd have the decency to let SAB have a final season to wrap everything up if the ratings really aren't what they want.

But there's still three episodes left and anything could change.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe this coming week will boost it up. Id definitely like a season to wrap everything..I had when a show is canceled suddenly with no closure
Old 08-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmett4life (View Post)
Maybe this coming week will boost it up. Id definitely like a season to wrap everything..I had when a show is canceled suddenly with no closure
Don't worry. It will definitely get a final season. The question is just whether or not it will be a full one. If ratings continue to slide, my guess is probably a 10 episode order to wrap everything up.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Don't worry. It will definitely get a final season. The question is just whether or not it will be a full one. If ratings continue to slide, my guess is probably a 10 episode order to wrap everything up.
I think we'll get a full season 4 and quite possibly a season 5.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's good to hear.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

I feel like the ratings will go back to a .6 this week. I hope so.