Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Switched at Birth Off Topic #3: Our OT discussions are always awesomesauce!

New thread!

Quote:
Aww man, that's bad luck!
Get well soon!

Bit of a random memory: I got a bone bruise once by smashing my elbow on a doorknob. But luckily the bone didn't break even though I thought it did (can't say the same for the doorknob though haha). Man that was almost 9 years ago... time certainly flies.

I've never fractured a bone. I use to want to though when I was little, just so I could wear a cast that people could sign
Yeah.

Ouch. Even though it didn't break, it doesn't sound fun.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Tyftnt!

Yes, it was rather painful. I had a hard time straightening my arm and holding things. I had a wicked bruise too... Kind of like a demented rainbow on my arm.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

It's raining pretty hard here. I hope that I am able to pick up my daughter after work today. She'll be staying with her grandmother (my mom) because she has been sick. If the roads flood, oh well...I hope they don't.

I just want to get home and enjoy the weekend. And Monday is the season premiere of Switched at Birth!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

It was nicer today, but yesterday was awful! Blech!

Nearly one more day left until season 2B

Anyone doing anything interesting tomorrow? I'm going to see my niece in her recital. It'll be like five minutes and we're going an hour and half to get there, but she's worth it.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww, a recital sounds nice.

Weather here was nice today. Sunny, warm (about 25C). I think we'll get a thunderstorm sometime tonight though; I can feel it in the air.

No plans for me tomorrow. Might go and grab some froyo, and write some fanfiction. Monday will be busier though. My dad is headed out of town for a month, so I'll be going out for dinner with him. Luckily for me, this means I'll be able to avoid the spoilers on here until I can catch the late-showing of the episode.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Well, she's four so, I guess as nice as it can be.

That sounds like a nice Sunday, froyo. If you write any SAB fanfic, we have a fanfic thread on here. A couple of us write fanfic. I do, Amy (ollibear), another poster Danielle (moonauthor) so feel free to check it out.

Dinner with your dad sounds nice!

We'll try not to spoil you.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks haha. Might have to join the episode discussion a little late.

I may just need to write some SAB fanfic if Bay and Emmett don't interact much by the middle of season 3.
I'm actually writing one for The Hunger Games at the moment (I loathed the 3rd book and didn't care much for the 2nd, thus my desire to write fanfiction for it). Ironic, I know.

I shall give the SAB fanfic's here a read sometime later this week. Gosh I just love fanfiction.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

I write my Bay/Emmett fanfic to help me through

Yeah, join in whenever you get on. The more the merrier!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Ah fanfiction, the best medicine for a fangirl's/fanboy's hurting heart.

I'll probably be on kinda late. It all depends on when I can access the episode and how late I stay out (considering the sun doesn't set until 9:45ish and it's light out until 10:45ish. that could be late). But hey, it's nice to discuss the episode somewhere other than tumblr (who are mostly Bemmett this and Bemmett that).

I'm super duper excited for the premier! Eppppp!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

I always refer to tumblr as a cesspool of crazy. It's hilarious, but it can get insane. But sometimes the gifs just make me

Not just for SAB, but all other shows. The ship wars get crazzzzy. Sometimes I just Mostly because I follow a lot of Vampire Diaries fans so those ship wars go nuts.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh yeah, I totally agree with that. I had to quit following a Big Bang Theory ship tag because it's all hate and blame. Such a toxic environment.

Agree on the gifs. Although they also remind me of some of my favourite scenes too. The ones that use a sad moment and then put some unrelated song lyric or statement just make me both laugh and roll my eyes. Thank goodness SAB isn't as bad as Skins in that department.

On another note, we didn't get that thunderstorm I was hoping for. One of my favourite things about visiting Florida is the spectacular (short) storms they get. Amazing.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Anyone doing anything interesting tomorrow? I'm going to see my niece in her recital. It'll be like five minutes and we're going an hour and half to get there, but she's worth it.
That's so sweet! I love that!

I am staying home tomorrow and preparing for my last week of school. On June 14th, my summer vacation begins!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
That's so sweet! I love that!

I am staying home tomorrow and preparing for my last week of school. On June 14th, my summer vacation begins!

I'm excited for you to begin your summer vaca, Amy! Teachers deserve it. It's such an underrated job unfortunately.

Yeah, I love my little niece. It should be sweet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I totally agree with that. I had to quit following a Big Bang Theory ship tag because it's all hate and blame. Such a toxic environment.

Agree on the gifs. Although they also remind me of some of my favourite scenes too. The ones that use a sad moment and then put some unrelated song lyric or statement just make me both laugh and roll my eyes. Thank goodness SAB isn't as bad as Skins in that department.

On another note, we didn't get that thunderstorm I was hoping for. One of my favourite things about visiting Florida is the spectacular (short) storms they get. Amazing.
They have some gifs that just make me but other times, it's like I have to get out of this tag.

Dude, Florida thunderstorms are ridiculous. We used to go every summer to visit my grandparents and you just know in Fla between like 12-3 in the afternoon there's going to be a five-ten minute torrential downpour and then it's over! It's crazy.

Me and my mom used to go down at the end of August, and since they end earlier in Florida, all the kids were back in school. So my mom and I would go to K-mart (does K-mart even exist anymore) and buy school stuff since the tax is different than in NY and fill our extra suitcase. I remember we got caught in a storm. It was pretty crazy.

I miss spending that time with my mom though. It was nice.

ETA:

I want to start watching Skins.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Dude, Florida thunderstorms are ridiculous. We used to go every summer to visit my grandparents and you just know in Fla between like 12-3 in the afternoon there's going to be a five-ten minute torrential downpour and then it's over! It's crazy.

Me and my mom used to go down at the end of August, and since they end earlier in Florida, all the kids were back in school. So my mom and I would go to K-mart (does K-mart even exist anymore) and by school stuff since the tax is different than in NY and fill our extra suitcase. I remember we got caught in a storm. It was pretty crazy.

I miss spending that time with my mom though. It was nice.
Yes! That's one of my favorite things about Disney World in the summer time. You go, and it is so hot and steamy. And then, between 3-4 in the afternoon there is this torrential downpour and we all just get soaked.

But when it is over, it cools everything off. It feels so much like Florida whenever that happens to me, even if I am somewhere else.

I have been experiencing that phenomenon in Florida nearly every year since 1980, and I LOVE it!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how was everyone's weekend?