Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah me and you both I think they got lazy
Old 06-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Yeah me and you both I think they got lazy
I hate that things got so shallow across the board on the show. I miss the depth of Season 1.

We need a new question. Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Going back to my response on the old question, I believe I have figured out the thing that I would most want to change.

I wish Bay regretted taking the fall for Daphne. That simple change would allow me to like both Daphne and Emmett's characters again, in a way that I am not able, as long as Bay does not regret taking the fall.

It would also allow me to respect Bay, in a way I am not able to do, at the moment.

Perjury is a serious offense for any person to commit. Even if Bay doesn't regret helping Daphne, I want Bay to regret committing perjury. Several different ways existed for Bay to help Daphne. It didn't have to be perjury.

I don't mind that Bay stayed behind in Kansas City to help Daphne, instead of going to LA with Emmett. But I do mind that Bay (honest Bay) perjured herself, and she doesn't even seem to care.

I want to see Bay's guilt and regret for that. It's a huge deal, and the show has treated it as if it is nothing.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we had moments where we saw her regretted but then nothing.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think we had moments where we saw her regretted but then nothing.
I remember Bay kicked the nightstand right after Emmett left, but then, she dug in and became adamant that she had done the right thing.

If it had been me (and if it had been most people I think), I would have been second guessing myself. Bay had that "ghost Bay" to tell her that Emmett would have broken up with her, even if she had gone to LA with him after graduation, and that seemed to answer all of Bay's questions and make her more resolved to believe in the rightness of her decision.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that's true
Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah that's true
I keep seeing friends on Facebook posting that they've been happily married for 15, 20, or 25 years and fell in love when they were teenagers (or in one case, preteens).

I don't think Bay and Emmett would have broken up, if she had gone to LA with Emmett. They would have married and started a family togethet. For some reason, Bay didn't want that. She chose Daphne instead, and I don't understand why.

Last night, I was re-watching the episode where Bay tells Emmett that she has taken the fall for Daphne. His face is sad.

In watching the scene, his eyes communicate that he believes Bay chose this path, because she doesn't value him, doesn't value them.

Emmett swallows his fears and doesn't voice them, but I see his eyes asking Bay the question, "Are you doing this because I cheated on you? Am I no longer worthy of your love?"

Old 06-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I keep seeing friends on Facebook posting that they've been happily married for 15, 20, or 25 years and fell in love when they were teenagers (or in one case, preteens).

I don't think Bay and Emmett would have broken up, if she had gone to LA with Emmett. They would have married and started a family togethet. For some reason, Bay didn't want that. She chose Daphne instead, and I don't understand why.

Last night, I was re-watching the episode where Bay tells Emmett that she has taken the fall for Daphne. His face is sad.

In watching the scene, his eyes communicate that he believes Bay chose this path, because she doesn't value him, doesn't value them.

Emmett swallows his fears and doesn't voice them, but I see his eyes asking Bay the question, "Are you doing this because I cheated on you? Am I no longer worthy of your love?"

I had to come back here to add that I just now remember Emmett seeing the picture of Ax Girl on Ty's tank. He says to Bay, "I thought we were important."

I really do believe Emmett has never felt important in Bay's eyes. Of course, he has been important to her, but I believe he has always been insecure. I believe that's a big part of the reason why Emmett cheated with Simone.

Unfortunately, though, cheating only made Emmett's position even more insecure. He went from being someone who felt vulnerable, because of all of these new feelings of love (and perhaps because of his deafness and interacting in the hearing world for the first time), to being someone who truly was vulnerable, because now he had clay on his feet. How could Bay ever trust Emmett again, or give him the same sort of love, seeing him as a cheater now?

I think that's why Emmett gave up in LA. I believe Emmett felt like his problems with Bay were too difficult to overcome. I see signs of that in his eyes, in the picture up above. Emmett doubts his value to Bay.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay it's fine