Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

It could be that Emmett was upset about the CI and chose to extricate himself from Travis a bit. A little unfair, but it is what it is I guess.

It does feel that way sometimes.

As far as Emmett continuing to help Travis, I don't know. We shall see. He might have other things on his mind besides being Travis' wingman.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It could be that Emmett was upset about the CI and chose to extricate himself from Travis a bit. A little unfair, but it is what it is I guess.
Possibly, but Emmett suggests that Travis go to the barbecue without him before he ever learns how Travis feels about the CI.

Quote:
As far as Emmett continuing to help Travis, I don't know. We shall see. He might have other things on his mind besides being Travis' wingman.
Out of curiosity, when you made that statement, were you thinking more about his dad's CI or about learning that Bay is with Ty?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Addicted Fan

i do wonder when emmett is going to find out about bay/ty.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Possibly, but Emmett suggests that Travis go to the barbecue without him before he ever learns how Travis feels about the CI.
That's true. I think Emmett was just really pissed off about Cameron and just didn't want anything to do with him or his barbecue and new girlfriend, and then after he learns about Travis' feelings regarding the CI, it's even less of a reason for Emmett to go and to go with Travis or do anything with Travis at that point. Maybe even by suggesting they go Emmett felt Travis was "siding" with Cameron even though that makes no sense since he didn't even bring up the CI issue yet. Maybe Emmett felt that Travis should have just instinctively understood that Emmett didn't want to go. I don't know.

Or perhaps the more simple explanation is Daphne is his BFF and he would rather hang out with her.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, when you made that statement, were you thinking more about his dad's CI or about learning that Bay is with Ty?
I think the CI. I don't really think we'll see much of a reaction when it comes to Bay/Ty. And the way Cameron left it, it's obvious that argument is far from over. Emmett has a ton of angst coming his way that doesn't necessarily include Bay.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think the CI. I don't really think we'll see much of a reaction when it comes to Bay/Ty. And the way Cameron left it, it's obvious that argument is far from over. Emmett has a ton of angst coming his way that doesn't necessarily include Bay.
Bummer. Cause all I care about IS his Bay angst, at least until that gets resolved. I am really disappointed that the writers don't put more of a focus on their love stories, not for any character.

Even Toby & Nikki, which should be the great love story this season, is NOT a love story at all. It's more of a commentary on young marriage than any sort of a romance. And Bay & Ty is not coming across as a romance to me, either. It feels as though it is more of a PTSD story, at least at this point (halfway through the season). Daphne & Jace doesn't feel like a love story either. It seems to be more of a story about Daphne being led down a dark path of political intrigue.

I want romance. I would even settle for some romance between Kathryn & John or Regina & Angelo.

Couldn't the writers give two characters on their show a great love story?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah.

I kind of wish we had actually seen Emmett and Travis commiserating over Bay and Daphne. At least then it would be something. They live together and yet don't talk about their ex-girlfriends/the girls they are in love with? I don't buy that. I'm not saying they need to talk about it 24/7, but I would have killed to have seen an actual talk between these two boys other than "I need to get over Daphne and you need to get over Bay."

Bummer indeed.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah.

I kind of wish we had actually seen Emmett and Travis commiserating over Bay and Daphne. At least then it would be something. They live together and yet don't talk about their ex-girlfriends/the girls they are in love with? I don't buy that. I'm not saying they need to talk about it 24/7, but I would have killed to have seen an actual talk between these two boys other than "I need to get over Daphne and you need to get over Bay."

Bummer indeed.
Me, too! You know that scene where Emmett and Daphne are at Jace's party? And Emmett tells Daphne not to go looking for Jace, when she excuses herself to go to the restroom? I would so KILL for a scene where Travis does the same sort of favor for Emmett. I want to see Travis tell Emmett not to follow Bay & Ty or to stop staring at them or something. Why does Emmett always have to be so cool when it comes to Bay? Even Vanessa said in a recent interview that if Emmett was ever going to worry about another guy stealing Bay away NOW is the time.

Come on, Emmett...worry! Give Travis a reason to be there for you. It's not always about you being the strong one. Let yourself lean on someone else for a change. I beg of you, Emmett. Show a moment or two of weakness! Your consummate strength doesn't quite ring true.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

Even Toby & Nikki, which should be the great love story this season, is NOT a love story at all. It's more of a commentary on young marriage than any sort of a romance. And Bay & Ty is not coming across as a romance to me, either. It feels as though it is more of a PTSD story, at least at this point (halfway through the season). Daphne & Jace doesn't feel like a love story either. It seems to be more of a story about Daphne being led down a dark path of political intrigue.

so. true.

toby and nikki were just friends and then BAM jed was gone and they were together. there was no build up or anything.

the only proper love story this show has is bay/emmett and that's why so many fans keep talking about them and wanting them together because all their other romances are giant flops. but of course, they don't have scenes together anymore.

and yes, i would love for emmett and travis to have some sort of awkward teen boy convo about their love lives. i enjoyed the one in 2x11.

hopefully there will be something coming up for them.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Me, too! You know that scene where Emmett and Daphne are at Jace's party? And Emmett tells Daphne not to go looking for Jace, when she excuses herself to go to the restroom? I would so KILL for a scene where Travis does the same sort of favor for Emmett. I want to see Travis tell Emmett not to follow Bay & Ty or to stop staring at them or something. Why does Emmett always have to be so cool when it comes to Bay? Even Vanessa said in a recent interview that if Emmett was ever going to worry about another guy stealing Bay away NOW is the time.

Come on, Emmett...worry! Give Travis a reason to be there for you. It's not always about you being the strong one. Let yourself lean on someone else for a change. I beg of you, Emmett. Show a moment or two of weakness! Your consummate strength doesn't quite ring true.
Yes! I want to see that! Or even a scene where Travis has to knock the phone out of Emmett's hand to tell him to stop texting Bay.

I agree with the bolded part since that contributed to Emmett's downfall. Needing to be strong, not wanting to lean on anyone. He needs to fall apart at some point and ask for an emotional crutch (and I don't mean by hooking up with some random girl).
Old 07-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I agree with the bolded part since that contributed to Emmett's downfall. Needing to be strong, not wanting to lean on anyone. He needs to fall apart at some point and ask for an emotional crutch (and I don't mean by hooking up with some random girl).
yes! it's gotta happen at some point right??
Old 07-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
yes! it's gotta happen at some point right??
Oh, gosh, yes! I have been waiting and waiting, and it feels almost as if the pressure is building so much that when it actually happens it might be a monsoon.

Or maybe the writers won't even go there and all of Emmett's heartbreak will just disappear.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it happens and when it happens, Travis or Daphne or someone is there. Stop being so stoic, Emmett!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope it happens and when it happens, Travis or Daphne or someone is there. Stop being so stoic, Emmett!
I would kill for a scene where Emmett breaks down and needs comfort from Travis, but things seem to be looking up for Emmett, so we probably won't get that. I am bummed.

I have loved all of Emmett's scenes with Travis, since Travis moved into his home. Even something as simple as laughing together as they watched Deafenstein at Maui was better because they shared it.

I do wish Emmett had been more of a wingman, though. Deaf Awareness Day was a GOLDEN opportunity for Emmett to be Travis's wingman, and Emmett was too busy hanging out with Bay instead.

At least Travis seemed to do okay on his own at the end.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe we'll get some good scenes with them in regards to Travis & MB? It would be a sad scene if Emmett kind of gave Travis a warning of sorts, to not let the Deaf/hearing aspect come in between MB and him. Not that Emmett intentionally let that come between him and Bay, but I think he did.

These two are hilarious though on screen. I'm almost always laughing at something. Them setting up Melody was priceless.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

i wonder why they never actually did anything with emmett being travis' wingman. it just seems odd that they made that a burgeoning plot point in 2x11 and then did literally nothing with it.