Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Regina/Eric Appreciation thread #1: He's the first one she's loved since Angelo

I actually think Regina and Eric have a sweet quality to them. They have a cute little family with Will and despite Eric trying to protect him from his drug/alcoholic mother, they're quite appealing. Regina hasn't loved anyone in a long time except Angelo and she fell in love with Eric.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I actually think Regina and Eric have a sweet quality to them. They have a cute little family with Will and despite Eric trying to protect him from his drug/alcoholic mother, they're quite appealing. Regina hasn't loved anyone in a long time except Angelo and she fell in love with Eric.
True. I agree with all of that.

The writers have allowed me to become so disconnected from Regina, though.

I was really connected to Regina, and to her trials and tribulations, all the way through the end of Season 2. But beginning with Season 3, I completely lost my connection to the character. I'd love to get it back, but I am not sure how.

I recognize that Regina & Eric & Will are a cute little family. Regina does have feelings for Eric. It's sweet. I sense that her feelings are real.

As well as I knew Regina in Seasons 1 and 2, I feel like she is a stranger to me now. Isn't that weird?

I wonder what Regina sees in Eric. Is it just his sex appeal, or do the two of them share something in common that gives them a truly deep connection? If so, it's not clear to me what it is.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was the first time the writers allowed Regina to truly love another after Angelo and I really did like Eric for Regina. His situation was bad but I hope one day they'll let Eric return with all of his skeletons gone, so him Regina and Will can be a sweet little family.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do you think Eric will be back?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Do you think Eric will be back?
I think he will be yes.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I think he will be yes.
It would be nice to see him again. Fans never have long enough with these characters to grow attached to them. Other than the core cast * (Bay, Daphne, Kathryn, John, Regina, and Toby), everyone seems to be here today and gone tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever see or hear from Eric again. He seemed like a nice guy. I just have the feeling that he needs to put his son first, and he won't risk contacting Regina to protect him.

Something tells me Regina will understand that and be okay with it. But it is sad for her.

* I purposefully left out Emmett from the list of the core cast, because it feels as though his character is gone, too. I hope not, but this LA thing is just weird.

On social media, I keep seeing that people do not like Emmett's character, but for me, his presence makes every single other character on that list likable. Other than Bay, I don't care about the other "Switched at Birth" characters, unless Emmett is a part of their lives.

Once upon a time, I cared about the core family, but somewhere along the way, those characters became two dimensional for me. Now, I only care about them if Emmett cares about them.

I wish Regina and Emmett would have more scenes together. Bay keeps growing closer to Melody. I want Emmett to continue what I thought was supposed to be a deep bond with Regina. We've never seen those two together, though, so maybe Emmett wasn't like a son to Regina. Maybe it was only Daphne that was close to Melody, when the children were young.

I would have liked for Eric and Emmett to have some scenes together, too.

I am still upset that Emmett never had ANY scenes with Angelo. There was SO MUCH that the writers could have done with Emmett and Angelo that would have had real depth. Emmett was the one who helped Bay search for Angelo. Those two (Emmett and Angelo) should have had some scenes together. There are parallels between Emmett and Angelo that needed to be drawn, and the writers left all of it on the table.

Eric and Emmett could have had an understanding of sorts. They are cut from a similar cloth. I would have liked to have seen that. I would have liked for Regina to build a family with Eric and make Bay and Emmett a part of it.

Yeah, there are lots of things that I would like to see. We rarely get to explore them, though.

I do hope Eric returns and builds something solid with Regina. I just do not have a lot of hope that it will happen.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really want Eric to return for a couple of reasons.

1. Eric gave Regina that love and stability she needed
2. He's the first man she really allowed into her heart since Angelo.

I'm really hoping that the writers let Eric work out his crap with Will's mother so he can stop running.

I truly believe Eric is a good guy, he's trying to protect his son from a bad mother. I say put that whole situation to rest and give the man custody of his son.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I really want Eric to return for a couple of reasons.

1. Eric gave Regina that love and stability she needed
2. He's the first man she really allowed into her heart since Angelo.

I'm really hoping that the writers let Eric work out his crap with Will's mother so he can stop running.

I truly believe Eric is a good guy, he's trying to protect his son from a bad mother. I say put that whole situation to rest and give the man custody of his son.
Yeah I agreee
Old 12-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah I agreee
Regina sure had her whole life planned out with Eric. She even wanted to arrange play dates for Will and the child Melody might adopt.

Regina was in it for the long haul, if Eric had not left.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Regina sure had her whole life planned out with Eric. She even wanted to arrange play dates for Will and the child Melody might adopt.

Regina was in it for the long haul, if Eric had not left.
Yeah Regina did have in for the long haul maybe if they settled down it would of lead to an engagement possibly?
Old 12-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah Regina did have in for the long haul maybe if they settled down it would of lead to an engagement possibly?
Maybe. Sometimes it seems like marriage doesn't matter much to Regina, but then again, she did seem thrown by the fact that Patrick never wanted to marry (when she dated him in Season 1). Perhaps marriage is important to Regina. I don't know.

I mostly think she wanted to be with Eric, whether married or not. I always thought it was odd that Regina and Angelo were not married when Bay was born.

From everything Regina and Angelo told the immigration officer, it seems that they were engaged to be married early in their relationship, before Regina was even pregnant.

But they still had not married by the time Daphne was three years old. That's odd to me.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Maybe. Sometimes it seems like marriage doesn't matter much to Regina, but then again, she did seem thrown by the fact that Patrick never wanted to marry (when she dated him in Season 1). Perhaps marriage is important to Regina. I don't know.

I mostly think she wanted to be with Eric, whether married or not. I always thought it was odd that Regina and Angelo were not married when Bay was born.

From everything Regina and Angelo told the immigration officer, it seems that they were engaged to be married early in their relationship, before Regina was even pregnant.

But they still had not married by the time Daphne was three years old. That's odd to me.
Yeah I wish the show could of elaborated more on it thats for sure
Old 12-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

Regina and Angelo and Regina and Eric did nothing for me. I don't know why Regina's romances bore me, but they do.

I guess I don't buy that she loved either of them. I know she did, but I don't feel it. I "know" it only because Regina has said it. Sorry to say but CM doesn't exude much chem with her love interests.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Regina and Angelo and Regina and Eric did nothing for me. I don't know why Regina's romances bore me, but they do.

I guess I don't buy that she loved either of them. I know she did, but I don't feel it. I "know" it only because Regina has said it. Sorry to say but CM doesn't exude much chem with her love interests.
I don't think Regina has ever loved anyone but herself.

I don't think she ever even sincerely loved Daphne or her mother. As harsh as that seems, I do not mean it to sound that way. Regina isn't evil. Instead, she is completely self-centered and selfish.

Do the Switched at Birth writers know how to create characters who are flawed AND likable?

Somewhere along the way, I think they forgot.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Regina has always been all over the place to me and I personally think Eric grounded her a lot more. She needed that because all she's capable of doing is live in chaos. For a man like Eric who is full of that, he brought her down to earth more IMO