Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I am really excited that things seem to be on an upswing for Regina.

Is anyone else noticing that she seems to want to be taking more responsibility for her own life, rather than living off of others? I think what happened with John has allowed herself to stop feeling like a victim, and to start feeling like she has some power and control.

I LOVE IT!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I am really excited that things seem to be on an upswing for Regina.

Is anyone else noticing that she seems to want to be taking more responsibility for her own life, rather than living off of others? I think what happened with John has allowed herself to stop feeling like a victim, and to start feeling like she has some power and control.

I LOVE IT!
I am really excited, too. Finally, something seems to be going right for Regina.

Yes, I do see that. I agree that she has stopped feeling like a victim and has taken control over her life. Obviously alcoholism is complex and it's never the same for every alcoholic, but things started to come undone for Regina early in 2A. Angelo's new baby, her hands and not being able to sign, not being able to provide for herself. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I do think when all of those aspects of her life began to fall apart, she allowed herself to feel like a victim and that's why she went back to the bottle.

Of course it's a vicious cycle because the more you drink to feel better, the more you end up feeling like a loser and like crap. I've had to see it with my own parent and it's not fun. They want to drink the pain away, but it doesn't work and all that ends up happening is still feeling hurt, but now with the added shame.

So, I am very happy Regina is turning over a new leaf.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I wanted to bump this thread due to a sweet little one-shot that was posted on tumblr about Regina and the night before Regina got the call about the Kennish family knowing about the switch.

you are where you need to be - The Night Before She Got The Call

ETA:
Another nice one-shot has appeared!
you are where you need to be -There Had Been Nothing Extordinary About The Day

On a different note, how does everyone think Regina will handle Angelo's accident? And what do you think about her relationship with Wes?

As for handling the accident, I think that she'll start of strong and will eventually crumple as her relationship with girls becomes strained, and she figures out just how important Angelo actually is to her.

I hate her relationship with Wes because his characters just... isn't a good person- He's realistic but I just get a really bad feeling about the guy and things that Regina's getting involved with as a result.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 07-12-2014 at 04:34 PM
Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know how she'll handle it.

As far as her drinking again, maybe I'm naive, but I just don't see them going there again. They had her fall off the wagon before and I don't think they want to repeat stories.

That doesn't mean Regina can't self-destruct in other ways though.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I don't know how she'll handle it.

As far as her drinking again, maybe I'm naive, but I just don't see them going there again. They had her fall off the wagon before and I don't think they want to repeat stories.

That doesn't mean Regina can't self-destruct in other ways though.
I agree, Alyssa.

As a bonus, I have been liking Regina's character more in the last couple of episodes of Season 3.

I am curious how strong she will be in relation to Wes. He is a strong man, and she can be a strong woman. Will she continue to be?

Regina's life changed the moment she injured her arms and needed to give up the language she shared with her daughter and her career.

She has rebuilt things fairly well. Now, that her two daughters have graduated high school, I am curious what will happen.

I especially love Regina's friendship with Kathryn, and I really hope that continues. These two women, to me, are a FAR GREATER sisterhood than Bay and Daphne. Please, writers, if you want to explore a "sister" story caused by the switch, let it be this one, Regina & Kathryn.

Their relationship is deeper and more believable than Bay & Daphne. In real life, I doubt Bay & Daphne would become best friends.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, Alyssa.

As a bonus, I have been liking Regina's character more in the last couple of episodes of Season 3.

I am curious how strong she will be in relation to Wes. He is a strong man, and she can be a strong woman. Will she continue to be?

Regina's life changed the moment she injured her arms and needed to give up the language she shared with her daughter and her career.

She has rebuilt things fairly well. Now, that her two daughters have graduated high school, I am curious what will happen.

I especially love Regina's friendship with Kathryn, and I really hope that continues. These two women, to me, are a FAR GREATER sisterhood than Bay and Daphne. Please, writers, if you want to explore a "sister" story caused by the switch, let it be this one, Regina & Kathryn.

Their relationship is deeper and more believable than Bay & Daphne. In real life, I doubt Bay & Daphne would become best friends.
Yeah? I don't know how I feel about Regina. Personally the way Regina, Kathryn and John acted in the finale just made me do an epic eyeroll.

I think it colored my perception of Regina but when she stormed into Wes's office, I was....really Regina?

She can be a strong woman and likable character; however, there's a side to Regina that's very cold and distant and selfish.

I don't hate her though. I do like Regina. I loved her scenes in the finale with Bay, but everything surrounding protecting Daphne was annoying. Granted I am not a parent, but Regina can't protect Daphne from everything especially when she deserves the consequences.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah? I don't know how I feel about Regina. Personally the way Regina, Kathryn and John acted in the finale just made me do an epic eyeroll.

I think it colored my perception of Regina but when she stormed into Wes's office, I was....really Regina?

She can be a strong woman and likable character; however, there's a side to Regina that's very cold and distant and selfish.

I don't hate her though. I do like Regina. I loved her scenes in the finale with Bay, but everything surrounding protecting Daphne was annoying. Granted I am not a parent, but Regina can't protect Daphne from everything especially when she deserves the consequences.
No, I agree with you.

When I posted this comment, I was specifically thinking about Regina giving Bay the money to move to LA. I did like that one moment.

But now that a couple of weeks have past, I am thinking about Regina throughout the whole series. I don't like her. I actually liked her better at the end of Season 2, than I do now.

It's funny, because my anger at Daphne just keeps building and building, even though the show is on hiatus and nothing is happening. My anger is waxing. And that anger is spilling over onto Regina.

Yes, it is great that Regina gave Bay the money to go to LA. Yes, it is great that Regina is the person to whom Bay feels comfortable talking about her sexuality. Regina is not the devil.

But Regina has raised an entitled, self-centered brat. And Regina behaves as though she is entitled, too. I don't like how she has used the Kennish family for free shelter over a period of several years now. I don't like how she talked to Wes about Daphne.

I do like seeing her friendship with Kathryn, as I mentioned last month. But now, I am scared she is going to use Kathryn the way Daphne used Bay.

THIS IS AWFUL.

That stupid finale has me feeling like Regina and Daphne are just two big users. I don't like feeling that way. I used to enjoy both characters. I never identified with them personally, the way I do with Bay or Emmett or Kathryn, but I did like watching their story unfold, and I thought they were good people.

Now, I feel as though that has been taken away from me.

Maybe when the new season starts I can put that scene in the police station at the end of 3B behind me. Both Daphne and Regina have had moments where I really did like them.

I will try to get back to that place.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

I don't know how to feel about Regina anymore.

How are others feeling? Which scenes make you feel that way?

For some reason, I'm lost when it comes to Regina's character.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know how to feel about Regina anymore.

How are others feeling? Which scenes make you feel that way?

For some reason, I'm lost when it comes to Regina's character.
Lost is a good way to describe my feelings when it comes to Regina. I think we're supposed to see characters a certain way. For some reason, I believe the writers want us to see Regina & Daphne as underdogs, when really, they're perpetual screw ups. No wonder they never seem to learn.

By the same token, Kathryn and Bay are the savers, the fixers, etc.

I would even go as far to say Toby & John are impulsive dream chasers.

When I watch, I get the impression that the writers want me to pull for Regina and Daphne, want me to root for Regina's romance to work out as well as her life. Meanwhile, I am here like

SSDD pretty much.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lost is a good way to describe my feelings when it comes to Regina. I think we're supposed to see characters a certain way. For some reason, I believe the writers want us to see Regina & Daphne as underdogs, when really, they're perpetual screw ups. No wonder they never seem to learn.

By the same token, Kathryn and Bay are the savers, the fixers, etc.

I would even go as far to say Toby & John are impulsive dream chasers.

When I watch, I get the impression that the writers want me to pull for Regina and Daphne, want me to root for Regina's romance to work out as well as her life. Meanwhile, I am here like

SSDD pretty much.
I agree with all of those descriptions, and like you, I don't see Regina as an underdog.

I see Regina (and Daphne) as such opportunists. It's like they both have that skill down to a science, and everyone around them needs to beware.

I'm surprised that Regina donated that money to fund Melody's program at UMKC. Usually, Regina doesn't do things for others, unless there is something in it for her. That seemed to be a truly selfless act, and it has me waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But perhaps there is some generosity in Regina. There certainly is generosity in Regina's biological daughter Bay.

Maybe Regina and Angelo were both generous spirits at one time, before Bay was born. And then, maybe, life caused Regina to protect herself and close off that generous spirit.

It would be a nice story arc if Bay helped Regina find that hidden part of herself again.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree with all of those descriptions, and like you, I don't see Regina as an underdog.

I see Regina (and Daphne) as such opportunists. It's like they both have that skill down to a science, and everyone around them needs to beware.

I'm surprised that Regina donated that money to fund Melody's program at UMKC. Usually, Regina doesn't do things for others, unless there is something in it for her. That seemed to be a truly selfless act, and it has me waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But perhaps there is some generosity in Regina. There certainly is generosity in Regina's biological daughter Bay.

Maybe Regina and Angelo were both generous spirits at one time, before Bay was born. And then, maybe, life caused Regina to protect herself and close off that generous spirit.

It would be a nice story arc if Bay helped Regina find that hidden part of herself again.
Regina needs Bay, but I get the feeling she will continue to cling to Daphne.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Regina needs Bay, but I get the feeling she will continue to cling to Daphne.
Yeah I think so too
Old 01-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I have a difficult time connecting with Regina's character, but this video makes her seem much more human than she does as I am watching the show.

I feel sorrow for her, while watching this video. I didn't realize what a tragic character Regina is:

Old 01-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video was well done
Old 02-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
That video was well done
It was.

So what do people want for Regina, in Season 5?