Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

I think it may be time to close this board.

Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. I would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please post your thoughts, suggestions, or advice. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. Please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is so tough. Mostly because this show was one of the reasons I came to fan forum and it's the only board I post on anymore. But I can understand this completely. Posting has gone way down and while I've tried to help lately, my schedule doesn't allow for me to always post regularly. I hope the board doesn't go because I love the shared ideas, but I understand that it would be better to go out on our own terms!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!

Last edited by Kassiek; 10-29-2015 at 10:53 PM
Old 10-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Too bad but I understand why so many people have stopped watched this show. It would be better to close on our own terms though.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

I feel very responsible for this for some reason, but I just can't find the motivation to post/talk about this show very much. I could play the games if that would help. But maybe it is better to go out on our own terms.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's so sad I really liked reading your thoughts at every episode, it was always deep and interesting. Is it possible to re-open it when the season 5 comes ? Maybe there'll be more people though there are few chances... For what it worths I'd be a regular poster if the board were maintained
Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I feel very responsible for this for some reason, but I just can't find the motivation to post/talk about this show very much. I could play the games if that would help. But maybe it is better to go out on our own terms.
I feel the same way -- very responsible. I try to post as often as I can, which honestly isn't that often. I'm sorry.

I haven't been watching the show that much this season, so it's hard to find motivation to talk about a show I don't really watch.

I've loved getting to know you lovely people, though, especially Amy and Alyssa.

I too would hate to see this board close, and I could play games if that would help, but I think it would be better to go out on our own terms than be forced to close.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I 've discovered this show last month, binge watched it 3 times and just registered to this forum to discuss it with other fans; just my luck
Old 11-01-2015, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee&tv (View Post)
I 've discovered this show last month, binge watched it 3 times and just registered to this forum to discuss it with other fans; just my luck
Welcome! My name is Amy.

It only takes 15 posts per day to keep the board alive. The games are easy to play during hiatus. We have a few people here who said that they are willing to play them.

If three people are willing to play the games, that's only five posts for each per day. It can be done in a matter of two minutes.

If you want to keep the board open for Season 5, start playing the games. Make a post on a character or episode here or there.

We can keep this board open, if a few people are willing to post every day. It's up to us.

What do you all think?

I'm happy either way. I want what's best for the group.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Amy, I'm Joanna

I'm game for any games Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was fangirling over a show!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee&tv (View Post)
Hello Amy, I'm Joanna

I'm game for any games Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was fangirling over a show!
That makes me so happy, Joanna!

You have the spark that I recently lost, and I appreciate you sharing it with me again. I'll try to be more positive in my posts. I've been hurt by the story, but it's important to keep the flame alive.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Since we have a break from worrying about post counts for November and December, I'm going to unstick this thread and hope that we can keep our post counts at 15+ per day in January.

Thank you all for breathing some new life into the board. Please continue to post and play the games. We can do this!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

I am here to help the idea of it not be closed down. I love this show.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll set a reminder on my phone to post more. Not a problem.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaring Like A Lion (View Post)
I am here to help the idea of it not be closed down. I love this show.
That's wonderful! I appreciate it!

Welcome to the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I'll set a reminder on my phone to post more. Not a problem.
Thank you, Sadie! That will be a big help!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:24 PM
New Fan

I will be really sad if the board gets shut down.

One of my favorite things about watching Switched at Birth is reading other people's opinions after each episode, and now, also writing my own thoughts. None of my friends IRL watch the show, so the only way I can discuss it is online. I used to read the AV Club's reviews of each episode, and there would be a lively discussion in the comments, but this past season they stopped doing reviews. I was so happy to find this forum!

I don't know whether this would be possible given Fan Forum's rules, but can we maybe allow multiple posts in a row by one person? I sometimes feel like I don't want to dump all my thoughts on something into one post, because I fear it will be too long, so I end up holding certain thoughts for when someone replies and I can post again in the same thread. Sometimes it isn't until a day or two later that someone else posts, and sometimes by then I've lost my train of thought or just forget to check back. I understand that there are certain risks to allowing people to multi-post, but I feel like it could lead to overall higher participation if each of us can get more of our thoughts down at once when we sit down at the computer (yeah, I'm old-school, can't post from my phone ). Then there might be more food for discussion when other people have a moment to log on. What do you guys think?

Also, I feel like it's not really fair to close the board if we aren't as active during breaks between seasons... I mean, with all our enthusiasm for the show, how much can there be to talk about during that time?