Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2017, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
YES - Bay has had a bleak existence ever since she took the blame.
YES- Her life does suck. I wish that she had put her foot down and MADE Daphne try her hardest to become a doctor. She may have looked like the villain but, at least, she would have been in control.
You have said that Bay didn't really want to move to L.A. What is it that she wants?
She is a convicted felon. Contrary to what most of the people on this forum want, she probably will NOT end up with Emmett. It's unlikely that she will end up with Travis. Is she going to spend the rest of her life being a tattoo artist? - O.K. If that's what she wants but IS that what she wants?
There are 4 episodes left. I don't see how the writers can finalize all of the storylines. We MAY be left with cliffhangers - or worse, NO endings.
What are you thinking now, John, after the last couple of episodes.

How is it all going to end?

Predictions, anyone?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
What are you thinking now, John, after the last couple of episodes.

How is it all going to end?

Predictions, anyone?
The last couple of episodes have done nothing to finish the series. They are either going to have unrealistic endings or they will leave us with cliffhangers. MAYBE I will have more to say after this week's episode.
Can a convicted felon be arrested for running a party gone wild? I don't know.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The last couple of episodes have done nothing to finish the series. They are either going to have unrealistic endings or they will leave us with cliffhangers. MAYBE I will have more to say after this week's episode.
Hadn't thought about that. I guess we'll see what happens.

I have a feeling that the writers have forgotten all about Bay being a convicted felon. I don't think they see Bay that way, even though she is. Therefore, I don't think the writers took Bay's status into account as they were writing the last episodes.

I guess we'll find out soon enough! Just two more weeks (and two day) left before the series finale.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have a feeling they are going to time jump everything
Old 03-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I have a feeling they are going to time jump everything
I hope that they do.

That'd be great!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I hope that they do.

That'd be great!
I mean seriously thats the only explanation
Old 04-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean seriously thats the only explanation
Well, from the preview tonight, it looks like it might not be a time jump, because Travis needs to make his decision in the next week.

But maybe after Travis leaves, then we'll get a time jump. Because let's face it, Travis is going to choose baseball.

The weird thing is that as much as I love Emmett, I'd rather Travis choose Bay over baseball. It's rather sad that every young man Bay has ever dated has chosen someone or something else over her.

No one has ever been loyal to Bay.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, from the preview tonight, it looks like it might not be a time jump, because Travis needs to make his decision in the next week.

But maybe after Travis leaves, then we'll get a time jump. Because let's face it, Travis is going to choose baseball.

The weird thing is that as much as I love Emmett, I'd rather Travis choose Bay over baseball. It's rather sad that every young man Bay has ever dated has chosen someone or something else over her.

No one has ever been loyal to Bay.
Yeah but I dont think he will... given that he went to China for her... I think he is going to make this decision for himself this time
Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah but I dont think he will... given that he went to China for her... I think he is going to make this decision for himself this time
I agree. Do you think Bay will choose to go with him?

Lots of people are predicting that.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Let's say that Bay goes to Japan.
Will that leave the message that a women is only happy if she has a man in her life? - OR
Bay's ONLY choice is to rely on a man because she destroyed her life and only he can "save" her from her "poor" decisions.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Let's say that Bay goes to Japan.
Will that leave the message that a women is only happy if she has a man in her life? - OR
Bay's ONLY choice is to rely on a man because she destroyed her life and only he can "save" her from her "poor" decisions.
How did I miss this post? I never saw it until just now. What a cool question!

I'm not sure what to think.

I know Bay wanted to go to Germany with Ty, and he refused her. When Bay would not accept "no" for an answer, Ty lied to make her believe he had cheated on her, so she would let him go alone.

I know Bay "said" she wanted to go to LA with Emmett, and he accepted her proposal. But either Bay wanted to help Daphne more than she wanted to be with Emmett OR Bay was scared to go with Emmett. Perhaps, especially after Emmett cheated, that kind of intimacy frightened Bay.

For whatever reason, Bay abandoned her promise to live with Emmett.

And then, when Emmett finally accepted that Bay wasn't coming to join him, and when she refused to let him move back home to be with her after the situation with Tank, Bay shows up on the beach in LA, and Emmett feels as though it's too much pressure on him for her to move to LA at that time. (I don't blame him either. Who wants to begin living with someone when their relationship is in shambles?) Instead of Bay understanding how much Emmett had thrown at him in the six months since they graduated high school, she gives him an ultimatum and says, "You do this now, it's done. It's forever."

Bay is a basket case for a couple of months, but then, she goes to China with Daphne. A brush with death makes her reevaluate her friendship with Travis, and she invites him to join her in China. He does. He sacrifices everything at college to move with Bay to China for a year.

Why did Bay return home for Emmett's overdose? She hasn't done anything but yell at him for possibly wanting her back. Bay hasn't been a friend to Emmett or helped him. So why is she back in KC?

Bay did say in the season premiere that she wished that she and Travis had never even returned from China.

So does Bay need a man?

She has never lived alone. She has always lived with her parents or Travis or Daphne.

I don't think Bay is capable of living alone yet. She needs time to get there.

Does Bay need someone to save her from her poor decisions? I don't know.

If so, Travis isn't the one to do it. He's a disaster when it comes to making good decisions. The only one I have seen him make is standing in solidarity with Chris on his baseball team.

Does Bay need a man to be happy? People need people to be happy. Bay doesn't necessarily need a man, but a romantic relationship is nice.

I do NOT feel as though Bay's sisterhood with Daphne would be fulfilling enough for her long term. Bay needs more than that.

Could Bay live alone? At some point, sure.

Should Lizzy Weiss show Bay living alone for a while, before she commits to a relationship? I don't know. Is that important? I don't know. I tend not to think so. What does everyone else think?

So far, Lizzy Weiss has always shown us a Bay who wants to leave home to run off with a man. Will Lizzy Weiss continue to show us that version of Bay? Or will Bay have matured to the point that she feels her own life is worth staying rooted.

I suppose if this "Live Ink" magazine promotion is really successful that Bay may want to stay in the U.S. for her own career. Other than that, though, Bay has no reason to stay in the U.S. Unless "Live Ink" is offering Bay something phenomenal, she has a crappy job working with Noelle. Bay should hightail it to Japan, if that is all that she will be leaving behind.

Lizzy Weiss will leave John & Kathryn in a healthy marriage. She will make it clear that Lily & Toby are in a healthy marriage. I firmly believe that Lizzy Weiss is going to have Regina & Luca in a healthy relationship at the end. And I think Lizzy Weiss will do the same for Daphne & Mingo.

So that leaves Bay. It's looking to me as though Bay is the one that Lizzy Weiss intends to leave single. Bay could run away with Travis, but I doubt the she will. Bay could get back together with Emmett, but what message does that send to the audience?

The episode description mentions everyone's relationships except Bay.

Funny thing is that Bay's relationship is the only one most fans care about.

Will Bay be with Travis in the end? Will Bay be single? Or will Bay return to Emmett?

What does each scenario say about Bay and what does each one say about young women?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I don't think so
Old 04-10-2017, 11:16 AM
New Fan

Personally, I'm with Amy in wanting Bay to choose to go to Japan with Travis, not so much because I want her to be with Travis, but because I want her to get away from her family (mostly Daphne) and have some breathing space. She needs to figure out who she is and what she wants. Her identity since the switch was revealed has been all about being a switch-ster, and that's dictated so many of her choices.

I could see Bay's art really resonating with a Japanese audience, and I could see her becoming a manga or anime artist. I would love for her to expand beyond tattoo art, since that just seemed like a thing she fell into in China, but not something we ever saw her to be interested in before, and it seems like a restrictive art form. I would love to see her find and embrace a new community. She didn't get to have the college experience, but I want her to have other amazing life experiences separate from Daphne.

I see what John is saying about the message to young women... I do wonder if Lizzy Weiss would want Bay to move with/"for" a man. In a way, like ollibear/Amy points out, it would resolve that arc for her, which she's had with other boyfriends (Ty, Emmett), but never completed. On the other hand, I could easily see Lizzy Weiss deciding that the empowering choice would be for Bay to choose to focus on her career in the U.S. rather than move with Travis.

I can't possibly think of a way for Bay to end up with Emmett in a way that feels organic. It would have to be following a significant time jump, during which Emmett really gets his life together, and during which Bay somehow realizes that she really wants to be with him over anybody else. Anything less than that will feel hollow.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaholic (View Post)
Personally, I'm with Amy in wanting Bay to choose to go to Japan with Travis, not so much because I want her to be with Travis, but because I want her to get away from her family (mostly Daphne) and have some breathing space. She needs to figure out who she is and what she wants. Her identity since the switch was revealed has been all about being a switch-ster, and that's dictated so many of her choices.
I would prefer Bay choose Emmett over Travis. Other than that, though, I agree with you. I still do not understand why the two families did not enter counseling after discovering the switch. I feel any family would need counseling to cope, and none of them talked to any professionals. It's insane.

Bay needs breathing space, and she needs to separate herself from Daphne who seems poised to continue being a leech. We have not seen any real remorse from Daphne. That bothers me.

Quote:
I could see Bay's art really resonating with a Japanese audience, and I could see her becoming a manga or anime artist. I would love for her to expand beyond tattoo art, since that just seemed like a thing she fell into in China, but not something we ever saw her to be interested in before, and it seems like a restrictive art form. I would love to see her find and embrace a new community. She didn't get to have the college experience, but I want her to have other amazing life experiences separate from Daphne.
Oh, my, that would be so funny and ironic, and it would be just like real life, if Bay got into manga or anime, after she dissed it so badly when Emmett was dating Skye and had those anime stickers on his camera bag.

I still remember Bay's words. They ring in my ears even now:
Yeah... so I saw those anime stickers on your bag. I thought that you said that anime was stupid. Oh, right! Right. It's me who thinks that it's stupid. _ So does she, like, dress up like Lolita? Like a punk fairy with the weird buns and freaky eyeliner and striped knee socks and wigs? Because all of that just reinforces the negative stereotype of the giggly, submissive school girl.
I agree with you 100% about the tattoo art. I do not want Bay to limit herself to that art form. She was interested in tattoos and piercings in the pilot episode, but I would still like to see her embrace more than that.

Quote:
I see what John is saying about the message to young women... I do wonder if Lizzy Weiss would want Bay to move with/"for" a man. In a way, like ollibear/Amy points out, it would resolve that arc for her, which she's had with other boyfriends (Ty, Emmett), but never completed. On the other hand, I could easily see Lizzy Weiss deciding that the empowering choice would be for Bay to choose to focus on her career in the U.S. rather than move with Travis.
Until a few days ago, that's what I thought would happen. Bay would end up alone and focused on her career. But I can be intuitive at times, and I am picking up on strong signs that Lizzy Weiss intends to reunite Bay & Emmett in the finale after all.

I realize that a Bay & Emmett reunion is a near impossible feat to accomplish with any credibility at this point, but I see Lizzy Weiss as someone who would pride herself on being able to pull it off. And I actually believe that she can, as improbable and uncomfortable as it is likely to be for fans.

I believe that Lizzy Weiss can and will reunite Bay & Emmett in the finale, and I believe she will do it well. I could be wrong, but I feel the signs are there just as surely as they were when I predicted Angelo's death and when I predicted that Bay would discover Mary Beth and Tank are now a couple.

Quote:
I can't possibly think of a way for Bay to end up with Emmett in a way that feels organic. It would have to be following a significant time jump, during which Emmett really gets his life together, and during which Bay somehow realizes that she really wants to be with him over anybody else. Anything less than that will feel hollow.
I thought the same thing until last Friday. Now, I am thinking differently.

I don't believe there will be any time jump.

I don't believe Emmett will have his life together in any way, shape, or form, although he may decide to either return to LA for film school, or he may decide to continue a career with his photography and take a job with "Live Ink."

I do believe the decision will be a difficult one for Bay. If Travis were not leaving for Tokyo, it's not something Bay would do this soon.

My guess is that as messy and problematic as it will be, Bay will choose to reunite with Emmett. It may feel a bit like whiplash to see Bay go from Travis straight to Emmett, but for some reason, I don't think Bay will care. Like the movie Skye and Emmett watched together, Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans, it's not about whether Emmett hurt Bay, but whether they can rekindle their love.

Disclaimer: I could be 100% wrong about everything, but that's my prediction for the finale.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess we are going to have to see what happens