Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Notes from the Mods

Hello! I am writing to ask a favor of those who frequent this board.

If we want to keep the Switched at Birth board on Fan Forum, it is my understanding that we need to maintain a certain post count. I came online this morning, and again this afternoon, to post to the game threads.

The show is on hiatus, and therefore, we do not have a lot to discuss right now, especially since spoilers are off-limit. However, posting to the game threads is something I CAN do to contribute to this board. So I wanted to do my part.

However, no one has posted to a game thread, since I posted yesterday. I cannot make another post on those threads, unless someone does OR until three days have passed.

On two occasions now, I have had no way to contribute my time to the board.

Please, if you care about the board, or find something of value on it, throw in a post here or there. Play a game.

Please help me, because I do care about this board.

Our board is a great place. I enjoy reading people's thoughts about this show that I dearly love and participating in the discussions. I do not want to lose this opportunity, while the show is on hiatus.

Having a public forum to discuss Switched at Birth means a lot to me. Please consider posting.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Hello everyone.

Bumping this because this has been an incredibly slow week for some reason. I don't know if it's because it's February break or people are frustrated, but we're doing really crappy in terms of numbers as I'm keeping my eye on the post count.

So even if it isn't normally your thing to do game threads, please do one as a favor to both me and Amy and your fellow board members. Or start a discussion. Just post something.

We don't want to lose this board guys, but this is the lowest we've been in a long time in a week.

Please.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Hello everyone.

Bumping this because this has been an incredibly slow week for some reason. I don't know if it's because it's February break or people are frustrated, but we're doing really crappy in terms of numbers as I'm keeping my eye on the post count.

So even if it isn't normally your thing to do game threads, please do one as a favor to both me and Amy and your fellow board members.

We don't want to lose this board guys, but this is the lowest we've been in a long time in a week.

Please.
My internet is turned back on now! It's been off for two days. And I am home, so I can post a bunch this afternoon, too.

But yes, please help us! I love discussing this show, and if everyone visiting would just make a quick reply to one or two threads, it would help us immensely.

I would be sad to lose this venue. I love it so here.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
My internet is turned back on now! It's been off for two days. And I am home, so I can post a bunch this afternoon, too.

But yes, please help us! I love discussing this show, and if everyone visiting would just make a quick reply to one or two threads, it would help us immensely.

I would be sad to lose this venue. I love it so here.
Glad to have you back, Amy.

And yes. I love it here, too.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Glad to have you back, Amy.

And yes. I love it here, too.
Thanks, Alyssa!

And thank you to all the fans who are posting! It is such a big help.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

I renamed this thread Notes from the Mods so Amy and I can post when need to inform you guys of important stuff.

I realize we have had some new posters lately. I want to say welcome and and and just reiterate some rules.

First, be careful and mindful not to double post, which for anyone unfamiliar with this means posting twice consecutively without a break. It's against rules. If you have something to add to your prior thoughts, please edit and add whatever you like.

We realize it happens to everyone though so not trying to make anyone feel bad; just a reminder.

The caveat to this rule is if it's been 48 hours and no one has responded, then you can post again.

Also, we have a board guide: http://www.fanforum.com/f376/switche...-dna-63092564/

While we certainly do not discourage discussion here, there are already a number of threads. Of course, if the situation warrants a new one, we encourage posters to start a new thread. For example, if there's a character who has been on for a while who doesn't have an appreciation thread or a relationship doesn't have one, then that is okay. But if it's to speculate, we have a general discussion thread. If it's to vent, we have a vent thread, etc.

Again, this is not to single anyone out or make anyone feel bad. We've all been new to a place and this is just to remind everyone of the rules so we can make this as enjoyable a board as it should be. And sometimes the more threads we have can distract from important discussions.

Lastly, and I haven't seen anyone post any spoilers, but just to reiterate: promos are not considered spoilers. The blurbs from TV Guide are not considered spoilers. However, the longer press releases from ABCFam are considered spoilers and cannot be discussed. If something seems too spoilerish to discuss here, odds are it probably is. Feel free to visit the spoiler board to get all of those creative juices flowing!

Thanks again and please enjoy your stay at the Switched at Birth board,

Alyssa
Old 03-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Banned

I just want to the mods of this board for doing an amazing job. I am one of the new posters talked about, It is very nice to be back here at fanforum. A place where ideas can flow.

I'm not into shipper relationships here. However, the stories still hold true in my heart. So I will discuss them as best I can for as long as I can.

Last edited by Subject; 03-01-2015 at 09:24 AM