Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Melody | Marlee Maitlin Appreciation Thread #3: She was proud of her students

Welcome to the Melody Bledsoe (Marlee Maitlin) Appreciation Thread!

Credit

List:
  1. Tina
  2. girlyshorty85
  3. Zee...
  4. Queen of Babble
  5. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
  6. He Is Mighty To Save
  7. ~Unfaithful~
  8. MPFan09
  9. Sincerely, Me.
  10. nhlpfan
  11. WeBuiltThePyramids
  12. forever yours
  13. Wes&FredFan
  14. Pippa Plum
  15. Grhmlz
  16. loganandroryforever
  17. lulu-144

Previous threads:

Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Love her scenes with Emmett - it's clear Sean and Marlee really enjoy working together. She's great.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Her scenes with Emmett are nice. Her scenes with other people are meh to me. Sometimes I really like Melody; other times I think she comes off as very narrow minded and a bit hypocritical.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Seems they weren't really sure how to write her . She's an excellent character/actress, but they didn't give her much. Now she (and Emmett) are more or less in the background.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Alyssa.

Yeah, I pretty much share your sentiments regarding Melody.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Alyssa.

Yeah, I pretty much share your sentiments regarding Melody.
Melody and John are my two most either love them one week (or at least enjoy them) and hate them with a fiery passion the next.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes, that is so true! For both! They have that kind of presence they carry, it's either hit or miss with them. Hard to get a 'grey vibe' for them like with other characters.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty much.

I loved her when she told Daphne to GTFO Jeff, but I loathed her making fun of Bay. It will always go down as her worst moment ever.

There really is no gray for her or John.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Melody and John are my two most either love them one week (or at least enjoy them) and hate them with a fiery passion the next.
I feel exactly the same way about those two!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (View Post)
I feel exactly the same way about those two!
Me, too! It's just the way it is. To quote an old children's book of mine: "When they are good, they are very, very good, and when they are bad, they are horrid."

I did love John's talk with Bay near the Mexico border.

And I liked Melody's moment with Bay at Regina's art show. I also liked Melody's moment with Emmett when he confessed about his mistake during the filming of Dawn of the Deaf. Some people thought she was wrong to encourage Emmett to keep it from Bay, but I happen to agree with her advice. I definitely thought it came from a good place in her heart.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"When they are good, they are very, very good, and when they are bad, they are horrid."
Pretty much!

Melody has had some good scenes. I liked the one she had with Bay in the art house when she told Bay she was funny, but I found her attitude towards Bay very off putting. I understand her concern, but there were better ways for her to go about it than the ways she did.

Honestly, I think part of it was Bay being Bay, Bay being hearing was another factor, and Bay being rich was something else that irked her.

When Melody made that comment to Kathryn about being white and rich, it bugged me. Do people of wealth have an easier time getting things done? Yes, but Kathryn was just trying to help, much like Bay. Plus, Kathryn didn't know what Melody was saying, therefore, I found it rude.

And I still hate Melody accusing her BEST friend of using her injury as a way to get attention. Just horrid. Really.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Pretty much!

Melody has had some good scenes. I liked the one she had with Bay in the art house when she told Bay she was funny, but I found her attitude towards Bay very off putting. I understand her concern, but there were better ways for her to go about it than the ways she did.

Honestly, I think part of it was Bay being Bay, Bay being hearing was another factor, and Bay being rich was something else that irked her.

When Melody made that comment to Kathryn about being white and rich, it bugged me. Do people of wealth have an easier time getting things done? Yes, but Kathryn was just trying to help, much like Bay. Plus, Kathryn didn't know what Melody was saying, therefore, I found it rude.

And I still hate Melody accusing her BEST friend of using her injury as a way to get attention. Just horrid. Really.
Melody was awesome last night, though (in episode 2x11, Mother and Child Divided). She handled Travis and Emmett's little escapade perfectly. I am sure they both appreciated her for that, too.

I would really like the writers to explore Melody in a serious relationship. Either they could rekindle her relationship with Cameron (and maybe give us a couple more juicy Olivia scenes) and/or they could give her a new love (that's not 15+ years younger than her like the good chef).
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I really liked her scene with Travis/Emmett. She was pretty mellow and didn't overreact. Loved when she asked casually if they were planning to use condoms ... and her reaction to finding out that she had been described as Emmett's ex . Don't see Regina/Kathryn being that cool about it.

It was a great scene for her character.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I really liked her scene with Travis/Emmett. She was pretty mellow and didn't overreact. Loved when she asked casually if they were planning to use condoms ... and her reaction to finding out that she had been described as Emmett's ex . Don't see Regina/Kathryn being that cool about it.

It was a great scene for her character.
Yes, it was! I loved it. I could have watched so much more in the Bledsoe household. I really like when the show takes us there.