Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Lucas Grabeel/Toby #2: Because he’s a “good kid” and we can’t wait to see what season 2 has in store for him

1. wingster
2. Queen of Babble
3. maybelove.
4. carly-hope
5. wolkenfuehlen
6. julyhsm
7. Chad_Major
8. BlackHalo
9. Kiss of Death
10. Something Special
11. GrhmLz
12. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
13. P&B4ever
14. Kai_Abercrombie
15. jessec12
16. girlshorty85
17. MPFan09
18. Sincerely, Me.
19. Stay to the Lights
20. xlennie
21. forever yours
22. Pippa Plum
23. loganandroryforever
24. Jenny's Dimple
25. GothicPrincess
26. Ollibear
27. Slayerfan714
28. socialfirefighter

Last edited by ollibear; 07-16-2015 at 04:58 PM
Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me please

TFTNT!

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Added!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks very much.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

It was shaky at times but I enjoyed Toby's arc over the whole season
Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

He was a good kid at heart.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm interested to know what''s going to happen to toby and that girl who i forgot her name at the moment.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Special (View Post)
I'm interested to know what''s going to happen to toby and that girl who i forgot her name at the moment.
Nikki? Also, I wonder what happened between Toby and the girl we didn't meet, Jenna.

Toby is an awesome character. He's definitely one of my favorites. I would like to see a lot more scenes with him in season two.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

So would I. I'd like for him to have his own storyline in S2.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the new thread..

I can't wait to see what happen in between them...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's going to be amazing no matter what the scenario

Old 11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Toby and Nikki? Yes, I agree.

I wonder if maybe they are going for this Jed guy is abusive? I don't generally like it when guys are jealous enough to tell their girlfriend to not do something. Rubs me the wrong way; so, that might be interesting, but then again, I don't want Toby to get in a scary situation like that.

I just want him to have a nice story arc for season 2.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

So do i. I just feel like he's in the background and not in the middle with the switch.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Toby and Nikki? Yes, I agree.

I wonder if maybe they are going for this Jed guy is abusive? I don't generally like it when guys are jealous enough to tell their girlfriend to not do something. Rubs me the wrong way; so, that might be interesting, but then again, I don't want Toby to get in a scary situation like that.

I just want him to have a nice story arc for season 2.
I thought it was interesting that Emmett, of all people, did not think Jed had a right to be jealous. It made me wonder if that might foreshadow some more jealousy on Emmett's part in season two. People tend to throw rocks when they live in glass houses.

As for Toby, he must have had his gambling addiction for some reason. I would like to see that part of his character explored further.
  1. Does he need to believe he can control chance?
  2. Does he need to escape from some other, more serious, worry, like his uncertainty over the future? So he substitutes gambling (and worrying about losing money) to escape from worrying about what is really bothering him?
  3. Does he feel guilt over his family having so much wealth? So he purposefully sabotages himself to assuage his guilt?
  4. Does his family's wealth take away the struggle he instinctively craves? All men long for an opportunity to prove themselves and carve out a life. Maybe Toby's family being so wealthy takes that away from him? Maybe he is craving the thrill of the risk because his childhood was so safe?

Whatever the reason, I would love to see it explored more. I want Toby to overcome it and be stronger for it.

I would also like to see and learn more about the process of song writing through his character. It's a beautiful art, and it would be so cool to see it explored.

Toby could write a song about his pain from Emmett and Simone, both his pain for himself and his pain for his sister. When Emmett sees the song and eventually plays the song with Toby, I am sure it would have a profound effect on him. And Toby and Nikki could write a love song together, something upbeat and happy.

I actually would like to see Toby be the first of the teens to get married. He is such a cool big brother to both Bay and Daphne. I could see him getting his own place in town and having a stable relationship with Nikki and continuing with his music. Bay and Daphne (and Emmett) could benefit from watching Toby be the first to leave the nest and do it the right way. Plus, there are so many struggles in the music industry, I could see that providing lots of drama for Toby's character.