Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Addicted Fan

remember this oh so lovely quote from LW?

Quote:
“A lot of fans think Bay and Emmett have true love, and sometimes true love goes through challenges,” she continues. “Maybe they don’t have true love? We’ll have to put them through more challenges and see what happens.”
are we really supposed to see all this stuff since they broke up as more "challenges"?

i don't see how two people can be challenged if they barely interact.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh you do. I have to read it once I'm all caught up. I have this deep desire to vid them but I'm watching the show on netflix and don't have any clips.
Yep. When you want to read it, let me know. I have quite a few fics going on for them.

Me too! I want to vid them so bad to Passengers' Let Her Go.

Quote:
are we really supposed to see all this stuff since they broke up as more "challenges"?

Ugh. That quote. I hated it when she gave that line about not being true love perhaps, but then she DID say it was indeed a true love. But yeah. Screw these challenges. I think they've had enough challenges if you ask me. Their only challenge should be how to not want to have sex 24/7.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yep. When you want to read it, let me know. I have quite a few fics going on for them.

Me too! I want to vid them so bad to Passengers' Let Her Go.

Ugh. That quote. I hated it when she gave that line about not being true love perhaps, but then she DID say it was indeed a true love. But yeah. Screw these challenges. I think they've had enough challenges if you ask me. Their only challenge should be how to not want to have sex 24/7.

Is there a bay/emmett website that does clips of just them?

Also that quote actually makes me hopeful. I think I've shipped too many off/on couples. It's torturous, but sometimes no interaction for awhile is better than being run over with a mack track. Now, I'm rambling.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah she did say they were true love.

but that might not mean much. she might eventually say bay/ty is true love or something.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Is there a bay/emmett website that does clips of just them?

Also that quote actually makes me hopeful. I think I've shipped too many off/on couples. It's torturous, but sometimes no interaction for awhile is better than being run over with a mack track. Now, I'm rambling.
I don't know of a website, but there's definitely clips on YT.

Yeah, I can see it from that perspective too. On/off is hell on wheels, too.

Quote:
but that might not mean much. she might eventually say bay/ty is true love or something.
Shhh with that. No. Just no.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
remember this oh so lovely quote from LW?

I remember that quote, oh, so well.

And I agree with you. This goes beyond challenges. Bay has decisively chosen to end her relationship with Emmett and completely dive in to a new relationship with Ty. I fear that in the season finale Bay will go even further to sever all remnants of the relationship that she had with Emmett.

As a viewer, I feel Bay has decided that she and Emmett did not have true love. That doesn't mean that they do not have it. It just means Bay believes that they did not have it. I suppose Emmett (or circumstances) could one day convince her otherwise, and at that point, if Emmett still believes, too, then they will have a fighting chance. The trick is for one of them to not give up. If both of them give up, then there is no hope.

From the beginning of the show, Emmett has proclaimed that he is a character who does not give up. But I feel, the situation has become a little much to ask of him. This seems like a bigger challenge than getting cut from your high school baseball team (i.e., John). I suppose this challenge is more akin to continuing as a drummer when you have lost an arm (i.e. Def Leppard).

But is it really fair to put all of this on Emmett? I have almost gotten to the point where if Bay ever comes around (and that seems to be a BIG if), that I would want Emmett to run for the hills.

I am scared for how Emmett might be hurt by Bay, if they decide to give it another try. Something would need to make Bay really believe in their love, for me to trust her with Emmett's heart. And right now, she has done such a good job of convincing me that she doesn't believe in their love, that I am having a hard time seeing how she could ever make me believe that she does.

I really wish the writers were showing us more of Bay's internal struggle. From where I sit, she doesn't look to be struggling much at all.

I want Emmett & Bay together, but I am losing sight of the how. Something almost HUGE would have to happen for Bay to switch gears at this point. So either she is NOT going to switch gears, OR what in the world could happen that HUGE to make her suddenly believe in Emmett's love again?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Aw.

That makes me sad. I'd never want Emmett to run for the hills. I can't blame Bay for running. I don't think it's fair to put everything on Emmett, but I don't want to say she'd break his heart, because I don't think it's true.

I do think when Bay comes around, she'll be good with Emmett's heart. I never ever saw her as careless with it. Maybe she's just protecting her own heart first, which is understandable.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

I want Emmett & Bay together, but I am losing sight of the how. Something almost HUGE would have to happen for Bay to switch gears at this point.
i'm feeling this way too at the moment.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Aw.

That makes me sad. I'd never want Emmett to run for the hills. I can't blame Bay for running. I don't think it's fair to put everything on Emmett, but I don't want to say she'd break his heart, because I don't think it's true.

I do think when Bay comes around, she'll be good with Emmett's heart. I never ever saw her as careless with it. Maybe she's just protecting her own heart first, which is understandable.
I don't blame Bay for running either. At one point, I believed she was listening to her heart, but now, I believe she is listening to her head.

I think back to the scene when Emmett told Bay that it hurts too much to be with her, but not to be with her, and I really believe that if there was anyway Bay could have done so, she would have jumped back into Emmett's arms. That's what her heart was telling her, but her head couldn't go there.

Bay wants Emmett in her heart, but her head won't allow her to take that risk.

I don't think Bay would break Emmett's heart if she returns to him either. But if I was Emmett, I might think that.

Imagine yourself in Emmett's shoes. You make a mistake. You hurt this person you love more than anyone else, and she wants nothing to do with you. You wait for a year, trying to reach out in any small way she will accept. You finally get to a place where she forgives you and seems to reach out to you, too, and then, she tells you that she cannot get any closer than friendship.

And to top it all off, at the moment she tells you she can only handle friendship, she has begun paying attention to another guy. Then, she starts a relationship with the other guy, and you ask her if she is really ready to move on. She is, and then later, she asks you why you are not surprised that the other guy she is dating is taking her sister's side, and when you point out to her the reason why, you effectually sever all ties. Then, she shows up to ask for advice about her brother, and again, to ask for help with Deaf Day, and the next thing you know, you are sitting at her workplace reminiscing, when her old boyfriend arrives with two ice cream cones, and it is obvious that they are in a relationship.

If I was Emmett, I would be scared to death of opening my heart to Bay after all that. I would have a really hard time believing that Bay has any feelings left for me. I believe I would run for the hills. But maybe, hopefully, Emmett is a lot braver than me. I really do hope he is. He seems like a strong character. Yes, he brought all of this on himself, but that almost makes it worse. It almost makes it harder to believe she could ever have feelings for him again.

Would anyone else be scared of opening your heart to Bay again, like me, if you were in Emmett's shoes?

EDITED TO ADD: Why is love so scary? I understand we have to allow ourselves to be vulnerable to experience it, but why does it have to be so risky? I feel for both Emmett & Bay, and Ty, too.

Last edited by ollibear; 08-10-2013 at 03:24 PM
Old 08-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)

If that picture is not perfection, then I do not know what perfection is. Seriously, that picture needs to be included under the word perfect in every dictionary.

Emmett & Bay are more beautiful together than any work of art.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Addicted Fan

i adore that scene of them dancing.

it's so adorable.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I don't blame Bay for running either. At one point, I believed she was listening to her heart, but now, I believe she is listening to her head.

I think back to the scene when Emmett told Bay that it hurts too much to be with her, but not to be with her, and I really believe that if there was anyway Bay could have done so, she would have jumped back into Emmett's arms. That's what her heart was telling her, but her head couldn't go there.

Bay wants Emmett in her heart, but her head won't allow her to take that risk.

I don't think Bay would break Emmett's heart if she returns to him either. But if I was Emmett, I might think that.

Imagine yourself in Emmett's shoes. You make a mistake. You hurt this person you love more than anyone else, and she wants nothing to do with you. You wait for a year, trying to reach out in any small way she will accept. You finally get to a place where she forgives you and seems to reach out to you, too, and then, she tells you that she cannot get any closer than friendship.

And to top it all off, at the moment she tells you she can only handle friendship, she has begun paying attention to another guy. Then, she starts a relationship with the other guy, and you ask her if she is really ready to move on. She is, and then later, she asks you why you are not surprised that the other guy she is dating is taking her sister's side, and when you point out to her the reason why, you effectually sever all ties. Then, she shows up to ask for advice about her brother, and again, to ask for help with Deaf Day, and the next thing you know, you are sitting at her workplace reminiscing, when her old boyfriend arrives with two ice cream cones, and it is obvious that they are in a relationship.

If I was Emmett, I would be scared to death of opening my heart to Bay after all that. I would have a really hard time believing that Bay has any feelings left for me. I believe I would run for the hills. But maybe, hopefully, Emmett is a lot braver than me. I really do hope he is. He seems like a strong character. Yes, he brought all of this on himself, but that almost makes it worse. It almost makes it harder to believe she could ever have feelings for him again.

Would anyone else be scared of opening your heart to Bay again, like me, if you were in Emmett's shoes?

EDITED TO ADD: Why is love so scary? I understand we have to allow ourselves to be vulnerable to experience it, but why does it have to be so risky? I feel for both Emmett & Bay, and Ty, too.
I know its been awhile (even though I need to see these post cheating episodes, but his screw up was so big I really do not fault her for being hesitant. I also think Emmett understands that. He knows that their current situation is largely a result of that horrible mistake he made and he's patient and confident enough in their love to know that eventually she will break. When she does it will be beautiful.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Fan

which episode are you currently on?

he has been patient, but i do think circumstances coming up and the uncertainty surrounding it will finally make him accept he needs to make a real effort to move on.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
which episode are you currently on?

he has been patient, but i do think circumstances coming up and the uncertainty surrounding it will finally make him accept he needs to make a real effort to move on.
I am now on 123.