Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM
New Fan

They look so young and innocent in that screenshot...
Old 05-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I miss them. And with only 10 eps left, I have very llittle hope about having the proper build up to a satisfying conclusion. But the sad thing is is that I will accept anything at this point. I just want them to be endgame.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I miss them. And with only 10 eps left, I have very llittle hope about having the proper build up to a satisfying conclusion. But the sad thing is is that I will accept anything at this point. I just want them to be endgame.
Me, too. I feel the same way.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah me too
Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Yeah me too
That was one of the things that was so bad about the Season 4 Finale. If the writers were determined to make Bay and Emmett's final scene that cliche, then they could have at least put them back together.

Instead of "I have to let you go," Emmett should have said, "I cannot let you go." That would have been more believable.

No one says, "I have to let you go." That line is like telling someone, "It's not you. It's me." When a person says it, he or she is trying to sound compassionate, but it's a platitude.

And worse than that, it is not even true. Emmett did not "have" to let Bay go. He wanted to let Bay go. He chose to let Bay go. The only reason Emmett said that line is that he selfishly wanted to have his cake and eat it, too, and as Melody pointed out to him, that wasn't fair to Bay.

So Emmett "had" to let Bay go, only because he no longer wanted her and realized he didn't have a right to hold onto her in that case. But Emmett did not have to let Bay go, and if someone said that to me, it wouldn't make me feel better.

Bay must have been glad that Emmett loves her enough to want her to be happy without him, even if that means she chooses to be with Travis, but ultimately, he was telling her once again that she wasn't going to be happy with him, because Emmett is no longer an option for Bay.

I still cannot believe that the writers were okay ending the series that way, or that Vanessa Marano said in an interview that she thought that ending would give Bay & Emmett fans hope.

How? Why?
Old 05-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we do get some kind happy ending at this point lol
Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

A new Bemmett video from Gil, just published two days ago. It's interesting to compare this video with the Coldplay version one that was made from their first breakup. Very different, and yet, the same.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the video lovethe song
Old 06-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the video lovethe song
Me, too.

I love this Bemmett video, as well:

Old 06-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

That song. Fit them well
Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That song. Fit them well
This one fits them, too, and I love it, but it makes me so sad:

Old 06-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
This one fits them, too, and I love it, but it makes me so sad:

thanks

Last edited by ollibear; 06-05-2016 at 11:25 PM
Old 06-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

sigh. i wonder if we'll ever see the timeline again.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
sigh. i wonder if we'll ever see the timeline again.
I really hope so?
Old 06-09-2016, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

I believe that many young men might break up with their high school sweethearts, during their first year of college. That scenario does not require a big stretch of the imagination. It happens. Not always, but it does happen.

I even believe that Emmett may have broken up with Bay, during their first year of college, if they had never broken up the first time in high school. Emmett has never been perfect. I could see Emmett doing that, if he and Bay had always experienced smooth sailing during their early years.

But I do NOT believe Emmett, the one that we know in this timeline, after working as hard as he worked to regain Bay's trust, would break up with Bay during his first year of college. It's completely out of character for this Emmett.

If anything, what happened between Bay and Tank, should have brought Bay and Emmett closer together. Emmett should have felt more protective of Bay, after everything they had gone through over the last few years.

I have contemplated the scenario where Emmett truly believes that Bay purposefully cheated on him, as some sort of retaliation for his night with Simone or for his kiss from Skye. But if that scenario was true, then Emmett would not have been going to Bay's art show to support her, when he returned home for the summer. Emmett doesn't believe Bay slept with Tank for revenge. So why in the world would Emmett walk away from Bay?

I still don't understand why the writers chose to annihilate every romantic moment the couple had shared. Bay references both the timeline and Emmett's "I'll always come find you" during the breakup on the beach, and neither memory moves Emmett at all.

Then, during Bay's meltdown at the gas station, she remembers Emmett's words, "I just want you" but the words are reversed to "I don't want you."

Could the writers have destroyed their love anymore completely?

In real life, nothing is ever decimated to that level. In real life, there's always some shred of hope left.

In the press, cast members have joked that the writers of Switched at Birth are sadists. I'm not sure it's a joke.

I hope the timeline doesn't feel hollow, after what the writers have done to Bay & Emmett's relationship.