New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Moderator Support Team
Romantic Geek

Who knows she is been pulling the strings with this and it makes me mad
Old 04-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Who knows she is been pulling the strings with this and it makes me mad
Me, too, because it is so obvious. And I miss them.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Moderator Support Team
Romantic Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Me, too, because it is so obvious. And I miss them.
Yeah so do I
Old 04-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Alyssa posted a beautiful fan fiction story for Bay & Emmett last night!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1243966...ting-From-Zero

I love it, and it is exactly what I wish we'd see transpire in the finale.

Alyssa allows me to remember all of the reasons I love Bay & Emmett. They are lovely in her hands.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Moderator Support Team
Romantic Geek

Quote:

Alyssa allows me to remember all of the reasons I love Bay & Emmett. They are lovely in her hands.
Okay I will go ahead and read it
Old 04-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Aww, thank you, Amy! I try!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Moderator Support Team
Romantic Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Aww, thank you, Amy! I try!
I like it so far good job
Old 04-12-2017, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

I still believe in Bay & Emmett's love.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Supreme Odo/Kira Shipper

I empathize with all of you. I know many of you from other fandoms. While I didn't ship B/E as a couple, I liked their friendship. I know what it's like to have such belief for your ship and to be jerked around. When they played that final song, I winced because I knew what that meant - it's almost like adding salt, lemon juice, etc to a gaping wound. They could have picked another song, but they didn't. The ultimate middle finger to a fandom by the writers. I just thought that was in poor taste.

See you around, all.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I empathize with all of you. I know many of you from other fandoms. While I didn't ship B/E as a couple, I liked their friendship. I know what it's like to have such belief for your ship and to be jerked around. When they played that final song, I winced because I knew what that meant - it's almost like adding salt, lemon juice, etc to a gaping wound. They could have picked another song, but they didn't. The ultimate middle finger to a fandom by the writers. I just thought that was in poor taste.

See you around, all.
It was in poor taste, Donna. You are right.

Lizzy Weiss wrote a story about Bay & Emmett's metaphysical destiny for five years, and then, at the last minute, she seems to say to the audience, "Psyche! Fooled you! Daphne isn't just Bay's touchstone. Daphne is Bay's soulmate, too!"

I believe the story is far superior as it was told in the beginning, with Daphne as Bay's touchstone and Emmett as her soulmate. If the writers were going to change that this late in the game, then they should have written all of the fate, destiny, and soulmate stuff to be how people see love in their youth. The writers should have shown Bay accepting that we make our own choices and forge our own meaning.

Instead, the writers still went with the fate, destiny, and soulmate stuff, but just transferred all of that magic and mysticism to the bond between Bay & Daphne instead. After what Daphne allowed Bay to sacrifice for her, I find that difficult to accept.

I do not see Daphne as Bay's soulmate. With the way that the story has been written, I can't.

Year after year now, the showrunner has given the middle finger to anyone who loves Bay & Emmett. I relate the decision to do that, to this line from the "Dance Me to the End of Love" episode.

Bay says to Daphne:

"Everyone thinks that if you have a great idea, everything else just falls into place, but it's the execution that counts. It's all the details. Every little tiny choice. That is what art is."

And rather than create art that is beautiful and has substance and a soul, Lizzy Weiss seems to feel a need to use her details, every one of her "little tiny choices," to express contempt and disdain for the people who love her art the most.

I will never understand that. It must take a cruel person to do that, and you are correct, every decision appears to be guided by her need to attack the people who love Emmett the most.

The beauty of her art for all of her characters is lost in that negativity. That's a shame.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We were going to make them a new OP, with all that went down, it isn't gonna happen

Just wanted to share the banners I made with y'all

Old 04-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

​Aw, Paula, those are super pretty! Thanks!!

Been a while since I've posted in this thread and especially now, I'm

But I've decided that I really don't give a crap what LW thinks the ending would be for them. Yeah, take that! . The good thing about fiction, whether it's a book, movie, or TV show, is you can imagine a world after it ends and give it your own conclusion. Kind of like when Emmett showed Bay the recreated Las Vegas set.

Even if it had ended with them together, I still would have thought about what the rest of their lives had in store for them. ​So, I don't really see what's so different about it doing that now. It's not as though she flashed 60-70 years into the future.

There's always a chance and always hope.

I've read a number of stories with HS sweethearts who broke up and had families and children and then their spouse maybe passes away or the marriage ends in divorce and they end up reconnecting.

LW did say it was true love. Therefore, in my heart of hearts, I'd like to think that even if it did happen when they were in their 60s or 70s or 80s, that they could have something again.

Just because LW wrote the story, it doesn't mean it's only her story. It belongs to all of us in a way and who cares if our endgame doesn't match up with hers?

That's why fanfiction is great because you're allowed to explore the world further and right the wrongs that the writers did to certain characters/relationships.

Anyway. that's where I'm at today. Of course it could probably change on a dime so
Old 04-15-2017, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
We were going to make them a new OP, with all that went down, it isn't gonna happen

Just wanted to share the banners I made with y'all

These are beautiful, Paula.

We should create a "Kindred Spirits {BღE} #25" thread for Bay & Emmett tomorrow.

The twenty-fifth anniversary is the SILVER anniversary. And after five years of Switched at Birth, I would like for Bay & Emmett to have 25 threads dedicated to their love.

Silver is representative of moon energy and is the balance between black and white. It is the color of the Greek goddess Artemis, the virgin goddess of the Hunt and the moon (Roman aspect: Diana). It is symbolic of purity, strength, clarity, focus, and the feminine energy and intuition, inner knowledge, and higher spirituality. In alchemy, silver is one of the noble metals. Its energy flows with the tides, and so is adaptable. Because of its association with water, it is also seen as cleansing.

The Silver Anniversary, twenty-five threads, is perfect for Bay & Emmett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
​Aw, Paula, those are super pretty! Thanks!!

Been a while since I've posted in this thread and especially now, I'm

But I've decided that I really don't give a crap what LW thinks the ending would be for them. Yeah, take that! . The good thing about fiction, whether it's a book, movie, or TV show, is you can imagine a world after it ends and give it your own conclusion. Kind of like when Emmett showed Bay the recreated Las Vegas set.

Even if it had ended with them together, I still would have thought about what the rest of their lives had in store for them. ​So, I don't really see what's so different about it doing that now. It's not as though she flashed 60-70 years into the future.

There's always a chance and always hope.

I've read a number of stories with HS sweethearts who broke up and had families and children and then their spouse maybe passes away or the marriage ends in divorce and they end up reconnecting.

LW did say it was true love. Therefore, in my heart of hearts, I'd like to think that even if it did happen when they were in their 60s or 70s or 80s, that they could have something again.

Just because LW wrote the story, it doesn't mean it's only her story. It belongs to all of us in a way and who cares if our endgame doesn't match up with hers?

That's why fanfiction is great because you're allowed to explore the world further and right the wrongs that the writers did to certain characters/relationships.

Anyway. that's where I'm at today. Of course it could probably change on a dime so
I agree, Alyssa! There's always a chance and always hope!

Bay & Emmett do share a true love. I still believe they are destined to make babies together. The idea of a world bereft of Bay & Emmett's babies is too tragic to contemplate.

They are only 20 years old. Bay & Emmett have all the time in the world to get it right.

Travis will be focused on his baseball career. Remember the stories John shared with Kathryn, before they married? Travis has lots of exploits ahead of him, before he is ready to settle down. Plus, Travis still has anger to work through because of his past abuse.

In interviews, Lizzy Weiss may paint a picture of Bay as all grown up and ready to settle down, but that's unrealistic. Bay has some more exploring to do, too. She and Emmett have already agreed to continue making art together. I feel certain that sparks will continue to fly between them, and when the time is right, the stars will align and Bay & Emmett will rekindle their love.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Moderator Support Team
Romantic Geek

You know in my mind, bay and Emmett eventually settled down did art together and had kids and got married. I am stick with that ending in my head.